No announcement yet.

Exodus (422)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the reasons that Season Four is so great is all down to this episode. IT is so good not only becuase we got to see a sun go supernova and destroy apophis's fleet. We got to see super hyperspace in one of the best cliffhangers ever and we got some of the best SG-1 jokes intertwined within the episode. You gotta love it.
    Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Spoiler for season nine, after seeing Beachhead we learned that a gate connected to a blackhole can stay open basically forever. Now when the SGC was connected to the blackhole in the episode, A Matter of Time, they were able to close their gate by setting off an explosion. This caused the event horizon to open in another location. So, when they dialed P3W-451, the same planet on the edge of the blackhole, in Exodus, how were they able to get a connection? Maybe Sam explained it in the episode, I don't have it with me nor do I have the transcript.

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda Eros
        Spoiler for season nine, after seeing Beachhead we learned that a gate connected to a blackhole can stay open basically forever. Now when the SGC was connected to the blackhole in the episode, A Matter of Time, they were able to close their gate by setting off an explosion. This caused the event horizon to open in another location. So, when they dialed P3W-451, the same planet on the edge of the blackhole, in Exodus, how were they able to get a connection? Maybe Sam explained it in the episode, I don't have it with me nor do I have the transcript.
        1: Spoiler tags work great. If you don't know how, let me know and I'll PM you.

2: It's possible that
        Spoiler:
        the Ori were able to modify their black hole to keep the gate open but a gate under normal operations in a black hole will only stay open for a much longer time (due to time-warping)
        but will eventually shut down.
        Last edited by Daniel's_twin; 23 October 2005, 06:25 AM.
        Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

"Don't scuff the paint!"
          So many good Jack quotes in this episode. This episode was good, though it did have some lame parts imo such as Tannith escaping - there were three tok'ra there, one, presumably two, had a zat and was aiming at him. How the crap do you let him get away. I call BS on that one. I also think the team should have reacted quicker to the bomber shooting their nice shiny new mothership. Obviously explosion sounds indicate an attack. Besides that, the sun blowing up was sweet. Back when I first saw this episode I don't believe I ever got to see the conclusion so I'm pumped for the next one.
          "I killed a city once. Funny story." - Wolverine

Comment

Originally posted by skeezix
            "Don't scuff the paint!"
            So many good Jack quotes in this episode.
            This ep. is the best Jack episode ever.

"We didn't park in a red zone did we?"

Hallowed are the fans of Stargate!

Comment

That is my favorite episode of all SG-1 along with "Enemies". At last SG-1 made a showdown with Apophis. Alkesh type bomber was cool. I also liked Alkesh and death glider dogfight. O'Neill killing Red Jaffas and nicking Tanith was also good. But artifical supernova wiping fleet of Apophis was very impressive. There you go snake boy ! You should be more careful. Speaking of Tanith I didn't get how he escaped ? There was at least three Tok'Ra , one of them poiniting a Zat to him while he was faking Hebron's death. O'Neill's comment about Tanith explains everything about him : "This guy is a living cliche"

Comment

Good ending for Season 5 to open up on
                Great to see SG1 blow up a Sun and wipe out a whole fleet
                Overall good episode
                Wonder what will happen to Tealc
                Spoiler:
                He gets brainwashed by Apophis but then taken back by SG1 and goes through Rite of Malshuraan and then he turns back to SG1

Comment

pretty class episode, great end to the season.
                  I'm just wondering now, where the hell are they? they aren't in their own galaxy anymore, i amn't really worried about apophis now, more worried about that is 'out there'

Comment

Exodus was the beginning of the end for Apophis, a moment that launched us into the hands of more advanced and varied enemies. Teal'c gets to tell Tanith that all of his actions have been counterproductive, but in doing so Tanith was fueled by anger. It was this anger that enabled him to escape and warn his backup of what was going on. In my opinion they should have caught Tanith off guard and assassinated him before he knew what was going on. It was a miracle that his escape didn't foil the entire plan.
                    sigpic

Comment

"That guy is a living cliche."
                      sigpic
                      Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Great FX as usual. The floating stargate. Exploding stars. Motherships, gliders, alkesh bombers.

I love space battles. Wow. That Alkesh is much bigger than the glider. Quite powerful too. It rendered the mothership pretty much useless upon de-cloaking.

As usual, Jack's sense of humor made this ep more enjoyable. When he arrived at the Tokra base, he looked so proud of the mothership they brought. And of course, understandably possessive of it as well. Then at the bridge, he looked like a kid when he saw the throne. "Shotgun!"

"This is sooo the last time we're gonna help someone move." is another moment.

IMO, the best season ender yet. Love the cliffhanger. They're in another galaxy! With Apophis! Oooh. Gotta go watch Season 5 now.

Comment

This episode and "Enemies" are huge, action-packed episodes that I think are even better than "Nemesis"/"Small Victories".

And I loved Carter's plan to blow up Vorash's sun.
                          sigpic
                          Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

There were some thing that really bugged me about this episode, but it was still pretty good.

Rating: 8/10

Full Review: http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/2008/07/exodus.html
                            My attempt to watch every episode of SG-1 and Atlantis this summer:
                            http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/

Comment

nothing can beat blowing up a sun. amazing season ending

Comment

Yes it was a great cliffhanger , lots of cool FX , I cant wait to see the next episode !

Rating : 8 / 10

Comment

Working...
                                X