No announcement yet.

Double Jeopardy (421)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For all of us who complain about the lack of follow-up stories, here's a great one. Teal'c avenges his father. Yet another system lord is dead. Earth has a honkin' new space ship (for now). But poor Harlan has lost his androids.

Next up: Teal'c shows he's got plenty of revenergy left when Tanith escapes the Tok'ra. And "the goa'uld who will not stay dead" returns.
    Last edited by Brother Freyr; 22 November 2011, 12:39 AM.

Comment

I presume the android Teal'c had an android symbiote as well???
      I see the summary pages from this website ask similar questions to those I have been asking, so I guess I am in good company!
      http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s4/421.shtml

Comment

Originally posted by gateship15 View Post
        i know i didn't want to see them die. in many ways they proved that they as much carter,jack, teal'c and Daniel as the origanals
        Technically speaking they didn't die. Their machinery stopped working. Death is in an organic being......

Comment

Originally posted by Dave2 View Post
          I presume the android Teal'c had an android symbiote as well???
          I see the summary pages from this website ask similar questions to those I have been asking, so I guess I am in good company!
          http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s4/421.shtml
          No that is why Tealc didn't work right the first time is because Harlim couldn't choose between the Jaffa and symbiote mind
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Is that the reason why the ship lands down with all those Jaffa onto the pyramid in last minute of the episode?? Where do we see a followup of Teal'c leading a Jaffa army of 1000 former servants of Cronus from that ship?

Originally posted by Brother Freyr View Post
            For all of us who complain about the lack of follow-up stories, here's a great one. Teal'c avenges his father. Yet another system lord is dead. Earth has a honkin' new space ship (for now). But poor Harlan has lost his androids.

Next up: Teal'c shows he's got plenty of revenergy left when Tanith escapes the Tok'ra. And "the goa'uld who will not stay dead" returns.

Comment

Since we are told that the android SG1 couldn't stay away from their power source for more than 72 hours, how were they ever able to guarantee that they wouldn't get stuck on one of their own missions for longer than 72 hours?

(I know, I know.......that's one of the questions I shouldn't be asking......)

For that matter, how is it we never heard of this rogue SG1 team fighting goa'ulds until our SG1 got over to the planet Juna?

Comment

Since we are told that the android SG1 couldn't stay away from their power source for more than 72 hours, how were they ever able to guarantee that they wouldn't get stuck on one of their own missions for longer than 72 hours?

For that matter, how is it we never heard of this rogue SG1 team fighting goa'ulds until our SG1 got over to the planet Juna?
                Well, if you know you're going to 'die' if you stay away too long I'm sure you'll keep a keen eye on the time. They were bored to death by staying at Altair and wanted to do what they were good at; explore the galaxy. To be able to do that they had to compromise and make sure they didn't stay away too long.

As for no one ever hearing about this rogue team, I imagine their paths have never crossed before. The galaxy is a big place and with their improved intellect, I'm sure the androids could figure out a way to stay away from the real SG-1 (I imagine they could replicate the list of planets from the SGC and perhaps start at the bottom). They also wouldn't hear stories from allies of an ally about this rogue team, because those people would simply assume the androids are the real SG-1.
                Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Bored to death, maybe, but able to control their offworld environment? Say imprisoned by a goa'uld for a week?
                  Hmmm.......Bye, bye androids!

Originally posted by fems View Post
                  Well, if you know you're going to 'die' if you stay away too long I'm sure you'll keep a keen eye on the time. They were bored to death by staying at Altair and wanted to do what they were good at; explore the galaxy. To be able to do that they had to compromise and make sure they didn't stay away too long.

As for no one ever hearing about this rogue team, I imagine their paths have never crossed before. The galaxy is a big place and with their improved intellect, I'm sure the androids could figure out a way to stay away from the real SG-1 (I imagine they could replicate the list of planets from the SGC and perhaps start at the bottom). They also wouldn't hear stories from allies of an ally about this rogue team, because those people would simply assume the androids are the real SG-1.

Comment

It's not that you shouldn't be asking; it's that you should be able to accept that there isn't a single, definitive answer. That said, they couldn't ever guarantee they wouldn't get stuck and die. Given the way JackMarkII acted at the end of the episode where they were created--I don't think he'd have a problem with that.

Seaboe
                    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Since the SGI got Cronus's ship, what is the capability of speed of travel of such ships among planets and solar systems? Where was SGC supposed to park such a ship originally, and were all the Jaffa eliminated?

Comment

Where did the Android SG1 team learn a disappearing act, i.e. the way the android O'Neil did it twice? And if they could do it, why couldn't they disappear when placed in danger, i.e. the android Daniel?
                        Was there any special reason that Michael Shanks didn't want to play the real Daniel in this episode?

Comment

Where did the Android SG1 team learn a disappearing act, i.e. the way the android O'Neil did it twice? And if they could do it, why couldn't they disappear when placed in danger, i.e. the android Daniel?
                          Was there any special reason that Michael Shanks didn't want to play the real Daniel in this episode?

Michael Shanks was the director for this one and his screen time was reduced as he concentrated on this, imho, particuarly tough episode to direct (with all the "double SG-1" stuff in it) ...

Deed xx
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                          MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Tuesday night and another ep of SG1.

1. Rewatching, I feel stupid for not having clocked that we weren't dealing with the original SG1 first time around.

2. As it was, once Daniel's head rolls off Mum and I looked at each other and said "Right". Really was not expecting to see Robo-SG1 again.

3. Cronos really didn't have a clue what had hit him!

4. Interaction between everyone with the doubles was a bit nuts - pity the doubles all got scratched.

Solid ep.
                            I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Since the SGI got Cronus's ship, what is the capability of speed of travel of such ships among planets and solar systems? Where was SGC supposed to park such a ship originally, and were all the Jaffa eliminated?
                              Not sure how fast it can travel, 25, 000 - 30000 times the speed of light? I know its slower than the hyper drives the asgard use. As for what the SGC does with the ship
                              Spoiler:
                              I think, although memory is foggy, they give it to the Tok'ra. I seem to remember Jack taunting them about it

This episode was an average one for me. I liked it, but it's not one of my favourites - I would have been happy to not have seen the andriod/robot SG1 again. I never realized Michael Shanks directed the episode until now though.
                              Oh for a book and a shady nook ~ Jules' Book Reviews - my book review site.

Comment

Watch "Exodus" and "Enemies" to find out what they did with Cronus' ship. Earth authorities loaned it to the Tok'ra to transport them to a new base of operations. This is explained more in the episode(s).

I'm quite sure the ship would have been parked in orbit above earth had they gotten it back to earth. It's far too big to let it land somewhere on earth; it would no doubt be spotted by somebody who wasn't authorized to know this sort of information.

And I mean no offense, but why don't you watch all the episodes before asking all these questions? Many of your questions are answered in later episodes. If you find out the answers now, it will spoil (a bit) the later episodes

Comment

Working...
                                X