• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos View Post
    Oh, and the Stargate theme has lyrics!?
    Indeed!

My LiveJournal post
    "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
    "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
    "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
    "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
    >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

This is basically a filler episode. And in that context I am okay with. Its a standard nacotic episode that we have seen with SG1. SG1 gets high on drugs and we find a way to detoxify. The solution is a little more elaborate then I thoight and its one of those episodes where I don't hate but I don't like it. Thier is nothing ground breaking but I am not bored out of my skull.
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Not the greatest ep. Not all that boring either.

Felt sorry for Loren. Liked the moment when he gave Teal'c the toy gun. Reminded me of the ep Bane. When they gave the girl a water gun.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
          'Loren' turns up on Earth a few years later at university in one of Dr Rush's lectures!

http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/dis..._display_media
          Either he's not given credit for that role by IMDb, or that's not Kristian.

Seaboe
          If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
            'Loren' turns up on Earth a few years later at university in one of Dr Rush's lectures!

http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/dis..._display_media
            The name of the actor in that scene is Chad Krowchuck.
            Last edited by hedwig; 30 November 2011, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Loulou13 View Post
              I like this episode, and especially the first scene between Sam and Jack. It's a sweet moment of teasing where you can really see the alchemy between the two characters, in their eyes, their words, the looks exchanges, ... And it contrasts with what follows!

That part always makes me laugh...this is one of the few times we get to see a true ear-to-ear grin from Jack (look how even his eyes are smiling)!

I like the special effects of the Light, I enjoy the character development we get to see: Jack losing his temper with Loren, and then apologizing (in a very 'Jack' way), Sam arguing with Jack (something she never escalates because he's her CO), Jack worrying over Daniel in the infirmary and then bodily carrying him though the gate to save his life, Teal'c not consigned to their fate, but doing his part to save his friends.

I understand the comments that have been made -it's a little bit of a static ep...there's not a lot of action, but overall, I like it.
              sigpic
              sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
              "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

That is some drugs!! ^^

Comment

I watched this with Gruesome #1 today and we both shouted the same thing at the same time - which was for Jack to stop getting cross with Loren.

I wondered also really how long his parents had been dead, poor kid, all on his own like that. Teal'c was great talking to him.

And of course it's got the famous scene (emergency delivery of Daniel through the gate - although why they wasted time putting on his clothes I don't know) which makes me want to tickle Daniel. Or blow raspberries on his stomach. Or something.

All in all not a bad ep but not brilliant.
                  In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Looks like I missed commenting on an episode... ...Not quite sure that's a good thing or a bad thing as far as impressions go.

Anyhow... so they get addicted to light or a buzz... or whatever. Poor kid though, thinking he'd killed his parents.

Carter and O'Neill fighting over nothing... before realizing they're in withdrawal.

How many teams have we lost now? SG-11, SG-5... must be fun to replace them. Cursed numbers.

Random note: Carter's hair sticking every which way after pulling off the hazmat mask ... cute!
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I liked this episode for the most part.

The one thing that bugged me (even though it was a small thing) was how Loren seemed to know Earth slang basically immediately--contractions, what teenagers would say, etc., etc. Minor thing, just rubbed me the wrong way.
                      Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons; for you are Crunchy and good with Ketchup.

Comment

That's the old the audience has to know the language reason
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

I know, I know....doesn't mean that obvious overuse of that trope can't rub me the wrong way!
                          Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons; for you are Crunchy and good with Ketchup.

Comment

O'Neill and a kid again - furious and then very caring.
                            The dangers of addiction - well presented.
                            CARPE DIEM
                            ANJA

Comment

This is one episode I remember originally watching on a really good day.. so whenever I see it it puts me in a good mood.

As Jack says.. "Nice beach"

Comment

Originally posted by Captain-Peregrine View Post
                                You gotta feel bad for our Danny boy. He's clean as a whistle--barring the whole aliens-built-the-pyramids thing--up until his starts skipping through the 'Gate. Then he's stuffed into sarcophagus's, closed inside palace lava-lamp opium dens and driven crazy by all sorts of other vexing little problems. He really IS having no luck.

But I really did like this episode. I also liked seeing Jack's concern for Daniel and Daniel's trusting Jack and then that whole death thing and running him through the 'Gate! That one had me on my toes with anguish. Poor, poor Daniel.
                                Yea compared to everyone else on the team he's died the most often, had his mind manipulated the most, had mucho mind invasions... He just can't seem to catch a break.

Originally posted by Beatrice Otter View Post
                                Not this kid. I betcha they were able to find where his home planet was and send him home to whatever family he had left, there. There's a good chance that kind of information was in his parent's things. And if he's home, there's not much need for continuing plots surrounding him. Nyan, on the other hand, has no home to go to--that's the whole point.
                                Yea, that's what i was thinking happened too.. Though it would have been nice even if in a toss away comment like "Say SG8, how's the kid doing, since you guys came back from where we sent him"..

Originally posted by Sheppard View Post
                                teal'c surfing that would be a great and heaps funny episode
                                That makes me wonder. Since now they know how to turn that device on and off, and ensure no one else becomes deathly addicted, Are they going to establish an off-world base there?

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                How many teams have we lost now? SG-11, SG-5... must be fun to replace them. Cursed numbers.
                                It would be nice to see someone (if possible that is) do a full on list of all the deceased we have had.. There's got to be at least 40 or so over the decades..

Comment

Working...
                                X