Chain Reaction (415)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A pretty good Jack/Maybourne episode.

So Hammond was forced to retire by the NID, and replaced by a dick of a commander who disbanded.

Stuff from the commentary:
    • When Gen Bauer enter the gate room for the first time, the female extra winked at RDA (causing this reaction)
    • Kinsey & Hammond's house was the same location (the back for Hammond's house, the front for Kinsey's house)
    • Tom McBeath doesn't know who to use a computer
    • The guys in the background are German reporters. They became famous when they got back to Germany, and when the commentary was recorded they were back:
      Spoiler:
    • RDA's actual Dog (Zooey) is Kinsey's dog. Oscar is the name of Robert Cooper's dog.

Tomorrow, SG-1 goes back to a year ago.
    sigpic

Comment

My LiveJournal post

Poor Hammond.
      "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
      "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
      "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
      "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
      >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Any episode with that lovable rogue Maybourne is a good one for me. The interaction between him and Jack is always fun to watch.

I guess Jack will step into that shade of grey area when things that matter to him are threatened. Selling his soul to the devil is an apt phrase here, guess he still can't believe he worked with Maybourne, but they did help eachother. Maybourne seems to have a conscience buried deep somewhere. I think this is what made their interaction so much fun, Jack had to do more distasteful things, Maybourne actually began to think about doing the right thing and they sort of met in the middle.

Hammond was great in this too. For all that he was in it for the shortest time, it was his moments with Jack and SG-1, telling them that he'd had enough and then the real reason he stepped down that were the most memorable.

When it comes to prize 'patsies' General Bauer was a real piece of work, an attitude that clearly invited disaster at every turn! He was a wonderful example of everything that Hammond was not! Nicely played out.

The place where Jack and Maybourne sat and ate their hot dogs was filmed in Sunset Beach Park, in the False Creek area of Vancouver. That was the same place as the scene with Sheppard in SGA's 'Rising' when he was sitting in the park contemplating whether to go to Atlantis.

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
          Maybourne seems to have a conscience buried deep somewhere.
          Maybourne said once that he and Jack have the same goals; they just don't have the same methods. I believe Maybourne has always had a conscience, because he has the same goals.

Seaboe
          If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

I enjoyed how Maybourne became a spy/black ops guy. And his interactions with Jack were always good. I did question why O'Neill, as a special forces colonel, would be uncomfortable doing some of the things Maybourne did.

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
              Any episode with that lovable rogue Maybourne is a good one for me. The interaction between him and Jack is always fun to watch.

I guess Jack will step into that shade of grey area when things that matter to him are threatened. Selling his soul to the devil is an apt phrase here, guess he still can't believe he worked with Maybourne, but they did help eachother. Maybourne seems to have a conscience buried deep somewhere. I think this is what made their interaction so much fun, Jack had to do more distasteful things, Maybourne actually began to think about doing the right thing and they sort of met in the middle.
              I agree completely! The exchanges between Jack and Maybourne are always entertaining. I also like how, even though they don't always have the same methods, they can have the same goals and can work together to achieve those goals. I like the way you've phrased it....they end up meeting in the middle!
              sigpic
              ~~sig created by bailey1ak~~

Comment

Ah the first of many Jack and Maybourne "Starksy and Hutch" teamups. These are usually good episodes as I think the two actors works well off another. They are different but they have a lot of simliarities seeing the two have to cooperate is some interesting dynamic. Its just interesting to see them work together as they do some crazy things in the pursuit of the rogue NID. I especially like exposing Kinsey for the snake in grass we always thought he was. Ronny Cox always played villians well which is strange considering I hear he is one of the nicest person in reality.

The SGC story with the rest of SG1 is interesting if not convient that it relates to the NID. I remember thinking how deep this organization must run to be able to make sure one of their guys is placed as head of the SGC. Bauer is nothing more than a yes man for the NID and shows how disatarous they can be without restriants. Kind of predictible thought that the 38 minute window saved them.

Funny moments goes when Jack tells Hammond tells him to pray for his soul. Touching moment goes we Hammond say he retired to protect his family. Most can relate to that.
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Maybourne is a bad guy :@
                  Good episode tho.

Comment

I didn't know Jack Bauer's uncle served in the Air Force. But he was a great laugh for one episode. Hammy in civilian clothing, something you rarely see in the entire series. You could see that he gained a few kiloes while he was home. *lol*

Comment

what did jack mean by white meat or dark meat when he was threatening kinsey?

Comment

Turkey. Chest and wings are white meat, back and thighs are dark meat. Did Kinsey want to be shot in white meat (arm) or dark meat (leg).

Seaboe
                        If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

not a bad ep. Love "have you heard of IKEA" and the "beer and mustard diet" "pointing not waving"
                          Maybourne eps are always my favourites, and I loved his "quid pro quo" Hannibal Lecter moment. and that ending - could only have been better if Maybourne had said that he was having an old friend for dinner.

Kinsey made a great speech (about how stupid the electorate are) - but I didn't like how they made General Bauer out to be a stupid idiot. You don't get to be a general by being stupid. The ep also shows a lot of civvy misconcepttions of how the military works but I've been over all this before before so I won't inflict it on you all again
                          In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Starsky & Hutch to the rescue!

Maybourne's back.

Bauer being a total wise-ass and arrogant bastard. He got what was coming to him, although an entire planet had to be sacrificed for it. If only he had been truthful and allowed those simulations.

I think this is also the first episode in which we see Siler's genourmous wrench.
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

30-40 minutes of downtime of Stargate Command wasn't such a heavy price to pay for an attempt to destroy an entire planet. They General Bauer had little reason to be "sorry" or resign in the end. The gate room wasn't even damaged, nobody was shown to perish in the incident. Bauer was aware that he was building a weapon, and the weapon was effective. They just didn't need to keep the gate open during detonation.

Sure I hated the man. But his appearance was wrapped up too quickly.

Comment

You seem to be expecting this show to accurately reflect how the military actually works.

Seaboe

Comment

Working...
                                X