Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Platschu
    replied
    Well. Nothing can be perfect. I was still happy to see this little temple set just for a 4-5 minutes long scene. Osiris has got a style anyway amongst the Goa'uld like an experienced loyality, so I love her revelation.

Leave a comment:

• Falcon Horus
    replied
    Originally posted by Platschu View Post
    1.When Osiris has used her ribbon device to push away Sam and Janet, the wall was obviously fake behind them as it was slightly shaking.
    http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ba/4x13/01.jpg
    http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ba/4x13/02.jpg
    That bugs me every single time.

Okay, I get that the stuntdoubles could have hurt themselves if the wall was solid wood, but they could just as easily have worn a harnas to soften the impact of the hit. Or make the wall just soft enough that it wouldn't visible bent as much as it did now.

Leave a comment:

• Platschu
    replied
    1.When Osiris has used her ribbon device to push away Sam and Janet, the wall was obviously fake behind them as it was slightly shaking.
    http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ba/4x13/01.jpg
    http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ba/4x13/02.jpg

2.The position of the flashlight changed in the scene when Osiris interrogated Daniel.
    http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ba/4x13/03.jpg
    http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ba/4x13/04.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Falcon Horus
    replied
    Originally posted by BethHG View Post
    6:47. 1 whole second better than FH
    *gasp*

I always feel bad for Daniel after this episode. The Goa'uld seem to take over his ladies. And the academic world may not know of his discoveries.
    And they say Sam is cursed... pfff...

Have we ever heard from Dr. Stephen again? I wish that they would visit these characters every once in a while-- it would bring me happiness.
    Nope, never heard from again.

Leave a comment:

• BethHG
    replied
    6:47. 1 whole second better than FH

I always feel bad for Daniel after this episode. The Goa'uld seem to take over his ladies. And the academic world may not know of his discoveries.

I love Teal'c's practically begging for Daniel to say that he needs assistance. His face while swatting mosquitoes is priceless!

Have we ever heard from Dr. Stephen again? I wish that they would visit these characters every once in a while-- it would bring me happiness.

Leave a comment:

• Falcon Horus
    replied
    Only 44 seconds slower than Jelgate this time: 6:48

Leave a comment:

• Falcon Horus
    replied
    Yay you!

Both of you!

Leave a comment:

• Who Knows
    replied
    9 mins exactly. (And that is good for me.)

Leave a comment:

• jelgate
    replied
    The first episode I ever saw was Summit. So the mystery of Osiris and Isis was ruined for me. That said, I do quite like this episode for going into Daniel's past and how everyone thinks he is a whackjob. It was one of Stargate's more complex episode. I'll give it a good with 6 minutes 4 seconds

Leave a comment:

• Falcon Horus
    replied
    Yup, I love The Curse. Absolutely my favorite episode of season 4 and easily makes it into my top 10 (or so) of all-time favorite episodes.

And I make a mention below, but ... O.M.G. -- Anna-Louise's accent gives me goosebumps. HEARTS! So sexy.
    Osiris would have no problem making me worship her.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Another one that I love to rewatch plenty of times and not get bored of.

Jack and Teal'c go fishing... well, pretend to fish. Poor Teal'c though.

And Daniel has to have his own adventure in Egypt. What is it btw with his significant others being taken over as hosts? Is that like Carter's male interests dying from the black widow curse?

It's good to see some of Daniel's life before the SGC, and meet some of the people he worked with.

Sexy Sarah... okay, that accent kills me dead in a puddle of goo (in a good way obviously). *thunk*
    Also, love Osiris... very much.

Jealous Stephen... I wonder what they told him in the end? They hopefully made it a good story.

Janet gets to go out, and play in Daniel and Sam's sandbox... but damn, what a bumpy ride in that sandbox she got.

Also, since when do walls in Egytian temples move when someone smashes into them? It's just their luck it didn't break...

And I really LOVE the ship appearing from beneath the sand. It does look a little too fake in the rest of the shot, but it's nevertheless an amazing piece of 3D.
    And now... for some extra comments, not in the above review, in relation to Stargate Origins which didn't exist at the time of this earlier viewing.

In spoiler space because I have not seen the show but have been spoiled by everyone at Command and everyone here at Gateworld:

Spoiler:

Origins is set in 1938, and contradicting the established canon Catherine galavants off to Abydos and runs into Aset.

Unfortunately, Aset is the Egyptian name of Isis, which is in fact the Greek name. Therefor, it would have been impossible for Aset/Isis to have appeared in Origins because according to The Curse, Isis and Osiris were locked in their stasis jars long before the Stargate was even buried in Egypt so they never left Earth (until Osiris takes over Sarah).

Also, the Stewart Expedition took place in 1931 and the ship taking the artifacts to America, sank a couple months later, so no later than 1932. The wreckage wasn't found until "only a couple of months ago", according to Sarah, therefor 1999-2000 (the time the episode aired). So in 1938, those crates were at the bottom of the ocean, waiting to be found.

So, who's impersonating Isis in Origins? Because it sure isn't the daughter of Geb and Nut, god of the Earth and goddess of the heavens.

How would you rate SG-1's "The Curse?"

Excellent
    Good
    Fair
    Poor
    Terrible

3-episode quiz: Tangent, The Curse & Serpent's Venom

Jigsaw puzzle: The Curse
    Last edited by Falcon Horus; May 11, 2018, 07:40 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Falcon Horus
    replied
    Originally posted by garhkal View Post
    Which ones? The only one i remember doing that to deceive was Tannith.
    Ba'al -- if I remember correctly

The Goa'uld in Sha're.

Imhotep -- the one "leading" the Jaffa rebel army

Leave a comment:

• garhkal
    replied
    Which ones? The only one i remember doing that to deceive was Tannith.

Leave a comment:

• Falcon Horus
    replied
    Goa'uld use the person's voice to deceive. It's been shown before they can manipulate their hosts that way, so that people will continue to trust them.

Hathor did it too.
    And others have done so too.

Leave a comment:

• garhkal
    replied
    Just did a rewatch and wondered. How is it Sarah was able to speak as herself for so long, or did "osirs" do a 'tokra' and keep hidden for so long?

Leave a comment:

• StarFan95
    replied
    Had me on the edge of my seat until the end! Great episode. 7.5/10

Leave a comment:

Working...
X