No announcement yet.

The Curse (413)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeeah this was a real gem for me, i really like how everyone is sorta involved but all in different places. Daniel History was also very cool.

Comment

Good ep. Just watched it again on my journey through all the DVDs. Though Janet going to Egypt with Daniel and Sam seemd off to me. Her and Sam didn't do anything. They got knocked out and woke up when everything was over. Other than that, it was great to see some of Daniel's backstory.
      "I killed a city once. Funny story." - Wolverine

Comment

good episode and as someone told it was not obvious that Sarah was taken by Osiris... I expected also that one day they adapt the myth of Osiris and it was well done
        Anda Anna-Louise Plowman is quite hot...
        Hallowed is RepliCarter!

Hallowed are the Ori...

Comment

Originally posted by harsiesis child
          good episode and as someone told it was not obvious that Sarah was taken by Osiris...
          Yeah I agree! But luckily I didnt pay attention to the picture on the episode menu on the DVD before watching it, it kind of spoiled it... It shows Sarah taken over by Osiris, with the Goa'uld hand-device...

It was cool to see some of Daniel's backstory! It's a bit ironic that everybody think he ruined his career when in fact he his the luckiest archeologist ever lol

Comment

When do you think in the episode she was no longer Sarah? Did we see her as Osiris pretending to be Sarah?

Comment

I think Sarah was Osiris for as long as we've known her. Even in the scene immediately after the funeral, Osiris uses her host to try to weasel information out of Daniel.
              SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

Originally posted by spookyalien
                Yeah I agree! But luckily I didnt pay attention to the picture on the episode menu on the DVD before watching it, it kind of spoiled it... It shows Sarah taken over by Osiris, with the Goa'uld hand-device...

It was cool to see some of Daniel's backstory! It's a bit ironic that everybody think he ruined his career when in fact he his the luckiest archeologist ever lol
                well, it's more complicated than this... yes he has the proof he was right, but he cannot tell it to anyone, and during seven seasons, he has seen Sha're and Skaara taken by goa'ulds, Sha're died, in this episode his ex-girlfriend is taken also by a goa'uld...
                poor Dani...
                Hallowed is RepliCarter!

Hallowed are the Ori...

Comment

From a purely archaeological perspective, Daniel's fascinating discoveries easily make him the luckiest archaeologist alive... ever maybe. Certainly the emotional hardships have decreased the fun a bit, but Daniel sticks with it for the exploration and for the good of the universe.
                  SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

Nobody has posted in this thread since June 19th, 2006... So let me be the one to wake it up.

The mini stasis chambers for the Goa'uld are extremely cool. I wonder for how much of the episode Sara was carrying Osiris. She tricked Daniel into believing she was Sara so I don't think it was from the beginning. Though you would think that he would notice a slight change in character so perhaps Sara was Osiris the entire time. I don't think there is anyway to know for sure.

Please people post in these threads! I think individual episode discussion is far more interesting than broad threads.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake View Post
                      I wonder for how much of the episode Sara was carrying Osiris. She tricked Daniel into believing she was Sara so I don't think it was from the beginning. Though you would think that he would notice a slight change in character so perhaps Sara was Osiris the entire time. I don't think there is anyway to know for sure.
                      Yeah, there's no way to be sure, but it seemed to me that Sarah had her body for at least part of the episode.

Good idea to introduce Osiris because by the beginning of Season 5...
                      Spoiler:
                      ...by the beginning of Season 5 Heru'ur, Cronus, AND Apophis will be dead.
                      sigpic
                      Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Originally posted by Ulkesh47 View Post
                        Yeah, there's no way to be sure, but it seemed to me that Sarah had her body for at least part of the episode.

Good idea to introduce Osiris because by the beginning of Season 5...
                        Spoiler:
                        ...by the beginning of Season 5 Heru'ur, Cronus, AND Apophis will be dead.
                        That's true enough, however with the new threat of the Replicators and the System Lords still in control of the vast majority of the galaxy the SGC hasn't got a lack of enemies.
                        sigpic

Comment

i liked:
                          -jack and teal'c fishing. teal'c desperate to escape.
                          -sara's voice. i could listen to her all day.
                          -sam's bike.
                          -cool goa'uld escape pod/ship
                          -new goa'uld

dissecting symbiote. ick.

Comment

I liked Osiris' custom ride lol. (Although what WAS that giant spike sticking out of the bottom for?)
                            sigpic

Comment

Dating Daniel seems to increase your chances of turning into a Goa'uld.

Rating: 9/10

Full Review: http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/2008/07/curse.html
                              My attempt to watch every episode of SG-1 and Atlantis this summer:
                              http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Siler View Post
                                I liked Osiris' custom ride lol. (Although what WAS that giant spike sticking out of the bottom for?)
                                I was wondering about that as well. We have not seen any others like that in the rest of the series. It kinda looks like a pimped out cargo ship.

Comment

Working...
                                X