Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crazedwraith
    I think you mean "Major Samantha Carter"? Who is this "amanda tapping?"
    No I meant AT the actress, not SC the character!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SeaBee
      No I meant AT the actress, not SC the character!
      Sort of like it was AT smiling and laughing during the first scenes of Emancipation not Samantha Carter Somtimes it is the actor that's reacting.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
        Sort of like it was AT smiling and laughing during the first scenes of Emancipation not Samantha Carter Somtimes it is the actor that's reacting.
        Exactly. I suppose if you are being affected by motion sickness it is difficult not to show it, no matter how good you are at acting.
        sigpic

Comment

It gave us a glimpse into Daniel's past in the academic community. He was also wearing a suit a lot during the ep, which was so nice.

I love Osiris and wish we had more of her instead of Sarah. She's an annoying little- Well, you get the idea.

Comment

Originally posted by SeaBee
            Exactly. I suppose if you are being affected by motion sickness it is difficult not to show it, no matter how good you are at acting.
            On the DVD commentary they said they were driving in circles, so i'm not surprised if she was carsick.

Comment

Well, this is just irritating. My current job situation makes it so that I only get to see about 2 out of 5 weekday episodes, and this is one of those I missed...

(*sigh*) This sucks...

Comment

love the teal'c fishing scene. When he's on hte phone to Daniel than smacks the bug, then looks at it, then says 'Banished to oblivion.' It just cracks me up I always think he's talking about the bug for a second!
                sigpic
                Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith
                  love the teal'c fishing scene. When he's on hte phone to Daniel than smacks the bug, then looks at it, then says 'Banished to oblivion.' It just cracks me up I always think he's talking about the bug for a second!
                  Yeah. In the first two seasons or so, MS and CJ were still pretty new to acting and inexperienced, and it occasionally showed. Usually they were at least decent quality, but rarely were either outstandingly good and occasionally there are moments I've just got to look at and go, wow, that's bad.

By this season, though, both are very good. And besides the big dramatic moments, the places it shows up most often are the comedic bits like that. I doubt CJ could have carried it off quite so well in the first season, or the second.
                  My LiveJournal.

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.
                  -Frank A. Clark

An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?
                  -Michel de Saint-Pierre

Now, there's this about cynicism. It's the universe's most supine moral position. Real comfortable. If nothing can be done, then you're not some kind of **** for not doing it, and you can lie there and stink to yourself in perfect peace.
                  -Lois McMaster Bujold, "The Borders of Infinity"

Comment

Man they did a good job of not letting me realize that Osiris' (can't remember her name) host was the one with the Goa'uld. Good suprise there. And more acolates (sp?) for Daniel and his theories that were correct. Good to see that someone (even though there a Goa'uld now) realizes he was right. You notice that every one that finds out Daniel's theories were correct gets killed or taken over. That must to stop.

Comment

I thoroughly enjoyed this episode. I have to agree that sometimes Daniel episodes can be a bit boring, but this one definitely was not. He looked delicious in the suit, and I loved his snarky attitude towards Stephen. I also liked seeing him finally come out on top for all his theories.

Great comedic moment with Teal'c and Jack. Poor Teal'c, it's not like he has friends or a home on earth, so he sort of has to go wherever anyone wants to take him.

Sarah was very attractive, and seemed quite intelligent. She did a good job of hiding that she had been taken over by Osiris. Although I wondered where she got the flowing white pantsuit from, at the end!

What I wonder about this ep, is how the Isis goa'uld died. It said the seal was broken on the canopic jar, but why didn't Isis jump out then and into the closest human? Or was the idea that there was no human around so the goa'uld stayed in the jar and died.

Comment

Originally posted by fair_nymph
                        I thoroughly enjoyed this episode. I have to agree that sometimes Daniel episodes can be a bit boring, but this one definitely was not. He looked delicious in the suit, and I loved his snarky attitude towards Stephen. I also liked seeing him finally come out on top for all his theories.

Great comedic moment with Teal'c and Jack. Poor Teal'c, it's not like he has friends or a home on earth, so he sort of has to go wherever anyone wants to take him.

Sarah was very attractive, and seemed quite intelligent. She did a good job of hiding that she had been taken over by Osiris. Although I wondered where she got the flowing white pantsuit from, at the end!

What I wonder about this ep, is how the Isis goa'uld died. It said the seal was broken on the canopic jar, but why didn't Isis jump out then and into the closest human? Or was the idea that there was no human around so the goa'uld stayed in the jar and died.
                        I think what they meant was that although the seal was broken (disrupting the stasis field and killing the goa'uld), the lid itself was still attached, so Isis couldn't get out. I mean, the Isis jar looked fairly complete from what we saw.
                        My LiveJournal.

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.
                        -Frank A. Clark

An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?
                        -Michel de Saint-Pierre

Now, there's this about cynicism. It's the universe's most supine moral position. Real comfortable. If nothing can be done, then you're not some kind of **** for not doing it, and you can lie there and stink to yourself in perfect peace.
                        -Lois McMaster Bujold, "The Borders of Infinity"

Comment

I liked this one. I really like the Daniel episodes. I guess because I tie him into the movie more than anyone else. Even though O'Neil was in the movie, I didn't connect much with his character until SG1.

I was thinking during this, that on one show they should have the Asgard beam up Jack at one of these 2 moments: Either just as he's about to cast for fishing, or when he just gets a big one on the line. That'd be a lot of fun.

Comment

Cool bit of background for daniel, I love the egyptian mythology and they covered a bit of where daniel got that from to.
                            He doesn't have much luck with the women in his life though .
                            And it makes you wonder how many other goa'uld are waiting round to be discovered.

Comment

Nicely worked, finaly some Daniel background which really suited the episodem would have been better if Sara hadnt come out as a Goa'uld but TPTB make the decisions we dont!

Comment

An alright episode, nice intro to Osiris......would have liked to see her after "chimera"

Comment

Working...
                                X