Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cluas
    replied
    Just watched it for the second time. It was more enjoyable somehow, but the ending is weak.

I mean, it was stupid. A doctor, Daniel and Sam? They could have taken a group of marines with them, instead of going alone ??

I loved Daniels backstory, though
    Last edited by Cluas; 30 May 2016, 12:58 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Falcon Horus
    replied
    Originally posted by Nirude View Post
    I think he was thinking about making a run for it
    Definitely

Leave a comment:

• Nirude
    replied
    Originally posted by Krisz View Post
    I can imagine Teal'c's response with his stoic expression......"Chair?! Chairs are for humans!"
    I think he was thinking about making a run for it

Leave a comment:

• Krisz
    replied
    Originally posted by Nirude View Post
    Good episode. Though it's pretty easy to figure out Sarah is the Goa'uld. The best part for me was O'Neill and Teal'c fishing. I hope O'Neill offered Teal'c a chair haha.
    I can imagine Teal'c's response with his stoic expression......"Chair?! Chairs are for humans!"

Leave a comment:

• Nirude
    replied
    Good episode. Though it's pretty easy to figure out Sarah is the Goa'uld. The best part for me was O'Neill and Teal'c fishing. I hope O'Neill offered Teal'c a chair haha.

Leave a comment:

• Science
    replied
    O'Neal: We'll be unavailable.
    O'Neal: Inaccessible.
    Hammond: Incommunicado.
    O'Neal: In Minnesota, sir.
    Hammond: I stand corrected.

Leave a comment:

• garhkal
    replied
    Agreed. The escape was definitely too easy, but Sarah gets hers later on.

Leave a comment:

• Anja
    replied
    Sarah/Osiris is very, very attractive. The end is not convincing - the escape is too easy.
    Good driving in the sand pit!

Leave a comment:

• Falcon Horus
    replied
    Another one that I love to rewatch plenty of times and not get bored of.

Jack and Teal'c go fishing... well, pretend to fish. Poor Teal'c though.

And Daniel has to have his own adventure in Egypt. What is it btw with his significant others being taken over as hosts? Is that like Carter's male interests dying from the black widow curse?

It's good to see some of Daniel's life before the SGC, and meet some of the people he worked with.

Sexy Sarah... okay, that accent kills me dead in a puddle of goo (in a good way obviously). *thunk*
    Also, love Osiris... very much.

Jealous Stephen... I wonder what they told him in the end? They hopefully made it a good story.

Janet gets to go out, and play in Daniel and Sam's sandbox... but damn, what a bumpy ride in that sandbox she got.

Also, since when do walls in Egytian temples move when someone smashes into them? It's just their luck it didn't break...

And I really LOVE the ship appearing from beneath the sand. It does look a little too fake in the rest of the shot, but it's nevertheless an amazing piece of 3D.

Leave a comment:

• Major Clanger
    replied
    I really really really don't like the actress they picked for Osiris. Apart from that I quite like this ep although i have a LOT of issues with sending the Doctor to Egypt, and having Daniel being in charge of the dart gun (they should have sent a sniper)

but it's always fun to see Daniel in civvies, and Teal'c and Jack fishing was a classic.

Leave a comment:

• Insolent Slave
    replied
    One of my favourite episodes!!!

1 – I really enjoy the heavy mythology episodes and find them much more exciting then science (physics, black holes etc.) episodes.

2 – When did Osiris get into Sara? Probably when they went to scan it, who knows, it doesn’t really matter, but Sara was definitely a host the entire episode. Osiris stayed / went dormant and Sara had no clue during the scenes we see her. We have seen hosts not realize they were a host before (or at least act like it). Osiris takes control, kills the professor and the clerk (which is why the lights were off btw) then goes back into hiding.

3 – I think a good storyline / episode would have been Daniel heading up a project to evaluate artefacts on Earth for Goa'uld relations. Both currently discovered and undiscovered. There are quite a few episodes where this is an issue, Hathor, Seth, Watergate, The Curse, and episodes in later seasons. Plus the whole Arctic gate and outpost relationship. However in the series there is never really much concern and they just take it as it comes. (In later seasons it would be easy to do an Earth wide Naqwada (sp) scan, but not done to my knowledge.) I picture an Area 51 type warehouse that gets filled with all the Goa’uld / Ancient stuff found on Earth.

4 – It does bring up the question of carbon dating, that ambulant can’t be the only artifact found and tested to be older then human history.

5 – Goa’uld gender is not the same as humans and they take the sexual persona of the host. This is hinted / explained a couple times throughout the series.

6 – I love all episodes / scenes where Goa’ulds use that cocky voice and call humans insolent, petulant, or “you will pay for this insolence.” Makes me smile every time, thus my name.

Leave a comment:

• Cluas
    replied
    Originally posted by Brother Freyr View Post
    Really? I quite enjoy this episode. Plausibility and unpredictability were never SG's strong traits. Fortunately, there's much else to love about Stargate.
    Yes, fortunately. Don't know why, but this one was just not as good as the previous - IMO

Leave a comment:

• Brother Freyr
    replied
    Originally posted by Cluas View Post
    This was not a good ep. Unplausible and predictable..
    Really? I quite enjoy this episode. Plausibility and unpredictability were never SG's strong traits. Fortunately, there's much else to love about Stargate.

Leave a comment:

• Seaboe Muffinchucker
    replied
    They're stunt women, of course they weren't hurt.

Seaboe

Leave a comment:

• Cluas
    replied
    This was not a good ep. Unplausible and predictable.

Yes I liked Daniels old girlfriend, but as soon as I saw her, i knew....
    He should have too. Or at least the SGC should have considered this possibility

-And, oh just a minor annoyance. There was no harm done to either Carter or Fraiser ind the end. They hit the wall pretty hard IMO.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X