The Curse (413)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dave2 View Post
    Still confused......watch the rest of the series because Sarah Osiris comes back?
    And the plan of the burial room was for a banished goa'uld to return from the jar one day to retreive the weapon?
    What do you mean by a "regular goa'uld"??
    Keep watching, your questions will be answered. Some great story lines coming up.
    Oh for a book and a shady nook ~ Jules' Book Reviews - my book review site.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave2 View Post
      Still confused......watch the rest of the series because Sarah Osiris comes back?
      And the plan of the burial room was for a banished goa'uld to return from the jar one day to retreive the weapon?
      What do you mean by a "regular goa'uld"??
      There's more of Osiris in later episodes

Spoiler:
      for example he'll be in Summit, Last Stand, Revelations and Chimera.

No the plan for the burial room wasn't for a banished Goa'uld to come back. But like every smart ruler, Osiris had a backup plan for when things would go sour; he made sure to stash his/an extra ribbon device in the temple (where he was probably worshiped by his followers/slaves) and hid a teltac in the vicinity as a means of transport or escape. When he was retrieved from his former host, banished and placed in the stasis jar he still had something to return to if anyone was ever stupid enough to open the jar and 'allow' themselves to be taken as host.

With a 'regular' Goa'uld I mean every Goa'uld that is not a Queen. We know Egeria and Hathor were both Queens as they were able to produce offspring, but the 'regular' Goa'ulds like Apophis, Camulus, Cronus, Heru'ur, Nirrti and Osiris couldn't.
      Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
      Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
      On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Good old Osiris.........sitting around in a jar for a couple of thousand years on the off chance someone would discover him and be a host...... ;-)

Originally posted by fems View Post
        There's more of Osiris in later episodes

Spoiler:
        for example he'll be in Summit, Last Stand, Revelations and Chimera.

No the plan for the burial room wasn't for a banished Goa'uld to come back. But like every smart ruler, Osiris had a backup plan for when things would go sour; he made sure to stash his/an extra ribbon device in the temple (where he was probably worshiped by his followers/slaves) and hid a teltac in the vicinity as a means of transport or escape. When he was retrieved from his former host, banished and placed in the stasis jar he still had something to return to if anyone was ever stupid enough to open the jar and 'allow' themselves to be taken as host.

With a 'regular' Goa'uld I mean every Goa'uld that is not a Queen. We know Egeria and Hathor were both Queens as they were able to produce offspring, but the 'regular' Goa'ulds like Apophis, Camulus, Cronus, Heru'ur, Nirrti and Osiris couldn't.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
          The ribbon device discovered by Steven belonged to Osiris and is a must have for a Goa'uld, because you can use it to throw people across the room, melt their brains, activate a personal shield and it can have an upgrade to control the ring transporters aboard your ship...As for what Osiris will do 'now', you'll have to watch the rest of the show

Jack and Teal'c were fishing at Jack's cabin in Minnesota.
          TBS has nothing on you. Very Funny! :-D

For the exploration into Daniel's educational and archaeological roots, the ep was good fun. And finally someone apologizes to him for shunning his theories and making him an outcast in his community!

Anyway, nicely done, including the background music helping to make us think that Jeep really was crossing the sand dunes of Cairo.

Comment

Originally posted by dtheories View Post
            Anyway, nicely done, including the background music helping to make us think that Jeep really was crossing the sand dunes of Cairo.
            Despite the sound effect of an Australian bird? (IIRC)

Seaboe
            If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by bookwormjules View Post
              Now that would have been a good story line, alien entity takes over the doctor to make her evil.
              Foothold, anyone? (Well, sort of )
              "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
              "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
              "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
              "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
              >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

This was a good episode!

Comment

I have a question, didn't want to start a new thread but may if need be...

almost exactly 5 minutes in, the Cemetery scene cuts to Daniel standing there and for a split second, a shadowy female figure dashes past him, so quick that it's almost a haze. But very visible between him and the camera..

It can't have meant to be there, what the hell is it? was it left or put there on purpose?

Comment

Originally posted by nevyn View Post
                    almost exactly 5 minutes in, the Cemetery scene cuts to Daniel standing there and for a split second, a shadowy female figure dashes past him, so quick that it's almost a haze. But very visible between him and the camera..

It can't have meant to be there, what the hell is it? was it left or put there on purpose?
                    Ok, I see it. It's immediately after the eulogy, when the camera cuts to Daniel. It looks like an out of focus head (and maybe shoulders) quickly passes from right to left. It's just a mistake, IMO.

Comment

This was not a good ep. Unplausible and predictable.

Yes I liked Daniels old girlfriend, but as soon as I saw her, i knew....
                      He should have too. Or at least the SGC should have considered this possibility

-And, oh just a minor annoyance. There was no harm done to either Carter or Fraiser ind the end. They hit the wall pretty hard IMO.

Comment

They're stunt women, of course they weren't hurt.

Seaboe
                        If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Cluas View Post
                          This was not a good ep. Unplausible and predictable..
                          Really? I quite enjoy this episode. Plausibility and unpredictability were never SG's strong traits. Fortunately, there's much else to love about Stargate.

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Freyr View Post
                            Really? I quite enjoy this episode. Plausibility and unpredictability were never SG's strong traits. Fortunately, there's much else to love about Stargate.
                            Yes, fortunately. Don't know why, but this one was just not as good as the previous - IMO

Comment

One of my favourite episodes!!!

1 – I really enjoy the heavy mythology episodes and find them much more exciting then science (physics, black holes etc.) episodes.

2 – When did Osiris get into Sara? Probably when they went to scan it, who knows, it doesn’t really matter, but Sara was definitely a host the entire episode. Osiris stayed / went dormant and Sara had no clue during the scenes we see her. We have seen hosts not realize they were a host before (or at least act like it). Osiris takes control, kills the professor and the clerk (which is why the lights were off btw) then goes back into hiding.

3 – I think a good storyline / episode would have been Daniel heading up a project to evaluate artefacts on Earth for Goa'uld relations. Both currently discovered and undiscovered. There are quite a few episodes where this is an issue, Hathor, Seth, Watergate, The Curse, and episodes in later seasons. Plus the whole Arctic gate and outpost relationship. However in the series there is never really much concern and they just take it as it comes. (In later seasons it would be easy to do an Earth wide Naqwada (sp) scan, but not done to my knowledge.) I picture an Area 51 type warehouse that gets filled with all the Goa’uld / Ancient stuff found on Earth.

4 – It does bring up the question of carbon dating, that ambulant can’t be the only artifact found and tested to be older then human history.

5 – Goa’uld gender is not the same as humans and they take the sexual persona of the host. This is hinted / explained a couple times throughout the series.

6 – I love all episodes / scenes where Goa’ulds use that cocky voice and call humans insolent, petulant, or “you will pay for this insolence.” Makes me smile every time, thus my name.

Comment

I really really really don't like the actress they picked for Osiris. Apart from that I quite like this ep although i have a LOT of issues with sending the Doctor to Egypt, and having Daniel being in charge of the dart gun (they should have sent a sniper)

but it's always fun to see Daniel in civvies, and Teal'c and Jack fishing was a classic.
                                In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X