No announcement yet.

Point of No Return (411)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well we know the media was sniffing round Jack in the S2 ep Secrets therefore it's reasonable to assume that if there was a leak that far back, enough bits and pieces would make it online by S4.
    I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave2 View Post
      OK, but Norad is not the SGC. And where did he hear of the stargate to begin with and O'Neil?
      It would not be a stretch of the imagination that the NORAD and SGC switchboards are the same. And Marty clearly states that he learned about the stargate and O'Neill through conspiricy chatrooms.

I think you need to rewatch the episodes more than once if you are having such trouble grasping the details. And you should also realize that the writers consider their audiance sophisticated enough to fill in the gaps with reasonable explanations as we have done here. If you can't accept that then you are watching the wrong show. I for one don't want the show to waste story telling time telling me step by step how Marty might have gathered his information. It's a reasonable enough scenario that I can merely assume that it was done.

Comment

Criticism acknowledged and accepted, hlndcr. As I posted elsewhere, I am often so impacted by the extent of realism that I have unrealistic expectations of them filling in all the gaps to provide a fuller context, especially as the potential basis for more elements in future shows, i.e. the original planet of Marty, what happened with the goa'uld war, the survivors, etc. etc. the "experiment," etc. No harm done.

Comment

It's why fanfic was created
          Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
          Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
          On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

This website's episode summaries include questions about each episode touching on the context and details, much like the type of questions I ask. Take this page for example: http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s4/411.shtml

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
            It would not be a stretch of the imagination that the NORAD and SGC switchboards are the same. And Marty clearly states that he learned about the stargate and O'Neill through conspiricy chatrooms.

I think you need to rewatch the episodes more than once if you are having such trouble grasping the details. And you should also realize that the writers consider their audiance sophisticated enough to fill in the gaps with reasonable explanations as we have done here. If you can't accept that then you are watching the wrong show. I for one don't want the show to waste story telling time telling me step by step how Marty might have gathered his information. It's a reasonable enough scenario that I can merely assume that it was done.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave2 View Post
              This website's episode summaries include questions about each episode touching on the context and details, much like the type of questions I ask. Take this page for example: http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s4/411.shtml
              You'd have to ask Darren about that. I think he wrote a lot of those ep guides around the time the ep aired.

What I'm saying is that there are going to be plot holes and it's perfectly valid to point them out. But I think some holes just aren't critical to understanding the story and/or can be explained away sufficiently in many different ways that don't need to be spelled out explicitly. That is my position at least. If you're looking for definitive answers for these things for the most part they just aren't out there. Some things come up in later eps, but most of the time you just have to use your imagination. I'm perfectly capable of doing that and in fact enjoy doing so. If the suggestions we've provided here for how those holes can be squared away don't satisfy you then how would you explain it? Because if you're convinced that it's unexplainable and impossible then I can only conclude that you don't really like the show.

Comment

The Day the Earth Stood Still
                Jack's scifi humming and Teal'c's vibrating bed are among the funnier parts of this ep, for sure. Teal'c's enjoyment of newspaper rags does set up for Daniel to learn about his professor in The Curse, but otherwise, the ep just unfolds nice and slow with odd bits of humor to lighten the day. Like Jack's face while Martin's explaining his implants. Priceless!

Comment

I love the episodes that is on Earth.
                  Really good episode!

Comment

This was good. Martin was portrayed as a real nutter. I feel sorry for those real conspiracy theorists out there.

Did I just see a Cylon ??? I think so, but couldn't find the info about the full cast ...

Yes I was right:
                    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0071922/
                    Last edited by Cluas; 23 January 2013, 01:27 AM. Reason: to add

Comment

The only thing about this episode that stands out to me is that I sat through and watched the entire Sex in the City series with my wife but have to watch Stargate alone and endure her ridicule.

Otherwise, boring episode.

Comment

I thought this was a lovely ep, with some charming moments. And how cute is Marty?!
                        In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Martin!!

Love what he did to his house, all them aliens and glow-in-the-dark stuff. Squee!

Fun episode, though as far as Marty goes a bit of a sad ending when he realizes that they were loosing the war, and then he goes back and his people did loose the war.

Murray! -

"Headless alien found in topless bar!"

Some paper Teal'c's reading there...
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

With the recent NSA spying stuff going on this came off a bit creepy for me but I liked it. It would have been nice to have a episode that touched on an individual's rights vs national security.

Comment

Brilliant episode. I love Willie Garson, he has a habit of poppping up in shows I love. But he was used for his full potential. Easily one of my fav episodes.
                              Currently Watching: Stargate SG1 and Stargate Atlantis
                              Planning to watch: Dark Angel, Star Trek Enterprise and many more

Comment

Great - there are people who know more than you would think they do.
                                Arrogance is shown but disappears - Martin Lloyd is the star of this ep - but Teal'c or Murray on the vibrating bed is brilliant as well.
                                CARPE DIEM
                                ANJA

Comment

Working...
                                X