Beneath the Surface (410)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by balo View Post
    It was an ok episode , but I didnt like the end.

Nice to see some feelings between Jack and Sam.
    Jack thinking about general Hammond as Homer was funny

Rating 6 / 10
    What didn't you like about the end?
    sigpic
    Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

You have to have at least one brain washing episode in a series and this one was really good. Loved the Homer line from jack.
      Some say that he has only one ear.
      And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
      All we know is he's called
      sigpic

Comment

Re-watching this episode has begun to restore (somewhat) my affection for the Jack/Sam ship thing. To think that they considered abject poverty and unwitting slavery as being possibly preferable to a life where they can't be together.
        *sob*

Also, I think it should be noted that this is the episode in which Teal'c has lost his the thing that was growing on his chin. I hope it doesn't grow back.

Comment

Well, that was a Voyager ep. However, they made it fit SG nicely.

I liked the Sam/Jack shippy thing there ("Feeling feelings"... *sob*), and the Homer joke
          "Are you like, a crazy person?"
          "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

It's true that this was kind of "Voyager rip-off". However, I must say that in this case SG-1 did it better. A lot better.

This is one of my favorite episodes.

Comment

This has always been one of my favorite episodes. So sad at the end with Jack and Sam though.
              sigpic

Comment

Not a favorite of mine. It reminded me a bit too much of the plot of the Star Trek Voyager episode Workforce. I did like the Sam/Jack bits though.
                sigpic

Comment

For the second up in a row...I'm the first Rewatcher to talk about an ep.

1. Opening scene was a bit WTF...this may be one of those concepts I've only seen SG do.

2. Looking back, I'm surprised the workers didn't realise that Brenna had a boss. It would probably had calmed Thera down a bit had she said something along those lines.

3. Kegan was...ignorant and narrowminded. She was also brainwashed so I'll cut her some slack.

4. Administrator Calder has told me...Griff: And I say he's a damn liar!

5. Shippy stuff, meh, it never got as bad as the later seasons of New Adventures of Superman.
                  I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Also not a favourite episode, but it was better than I remember it being.

I liked the opening, because it made you go, uh....what? It was a good set up to keep you watching, but the episode didn't live up to what I originally expected it to be. Nice build up, but a bit of a let down when it came to the episodes climax.

I liked how the team dynamics worked, even with their memories altered they still cam together in the end to save themselves.

Hammond also has his moments in the episode as he waits for a sign of SG1. I liked the scene between him and Janet, it really showed the "family" dynamic the SGC has, especially when a team is thought to be MIA. Not the best of the season, but still a good episode.
                    Oh for a book and a shady nook ~ Jules' Book Reviews - my book review site.

Comment

I think season four has the least number of episodes I didn't really like, this was one of them.

I found it to be quite boring really, and my thoughts on it remained the same after re-watching it. Despite the efforts to show SG-1's camaraderie, even as individuals who couldn't remember who they were I still prefer watching SG-1 as themselves. The names they were given irritated me for some reason, maybe for the very reason they were given, to make us as viewers feel annoyed by what had been done to SG-1! Didn't you want that little weasel of an administrator to be thrown out into the blizzard?!

The one thing that always baffled me was how no one was showered with glass when Jack shot out the sky light glass. I was expecting to hear screams and expletives in the background!!

Comment

Filter episode, in my opinion. No much happened, SG-1 lost their memories (for a short time), and the SGC was featured for like 5 minutes.

Stuff from the Commentary:
                        • Art direction as inspired by the movie "Metropolis" (which I've never seen, but should)
                        • That big office will be reused as a restaurant in the episode "2010"
                        • It was RDA's idea to have Jack morph from the "pajamas" to his SG uniform.

Tomorrow, Martin Lloyd makes his first appearance.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                          The one thing that always baffled me was how no one was showered with glass when Jack shot out the sky light glass. I was expecting to hear screams and expletives in the background!!
                          In the commentary they remark this was an oops.

Seaboe
                          If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

An alright ep.

Some funny things like Jack trying to remember a bald fat man. Makes you think he's thinking of General Hammond. But then he say's it's Homer. Funny stuff.

Kegan really annoyed me for some reason.
                            sigpic

Comment

My LiveJournal post
                              "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                              "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                              "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                              "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                              >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
                                In the commentary they remark this was an oops.

Seaboe
                                A reasonable oops though, quite possible to be stunned into silence as well.
                                I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Working...
                                X