No announcement yet.

Watergate (407)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I usually don't like the Russian themed episodes, but this one is kinda cool.

Comment

Great ep, loved it. And certainly an original premise, with the living water and all. Oh, and it was great to see Maybourne again, he must be my favorite villain so far.

Marina Sirtis was great, I think this is the first time I've seen her as anything other than Deanna Troi. Pretty good accent too.
      sigpic

Comment

Just watched this one recently, I completely forgot Marina Sirtis was on SG1! (even with her annoying Russian accent IMO) Its been so long since I last saw this episode. Its always a blast to have Maybounre around, bad guy or not. I loved the comments about the sub from Daniel "But its Swiss!"...we don't get to see him being very funny often!

Comment

I saw this episode a while ago. Last time I saw it was like back in August I think. Anyways, their bickering about the sub was funny, but other than that, I didn't like this episode too much. I don't really like most of the Russian episodes, this one included.

Comment

would millions of those intelligent microbes be destroyed by the gates unstable wormhole open thingy?

Please help my dragon grow!

Comment

Visually stunning, but after everyone jumps off the plane I actually find this one a bit dull for some reason. Marina Sirtis is great, but the story never really gets going and there's a bit too much wondering about what is going on. I particularly don't enjoy the scenes in the submarine, despite Daniel's brilliant, "but it's Swiss!" line. Maybourne's appearance is certainly unexpected and pretty weird!

The episode marks the start of the big Russian storyline which runs through the rest of the show, and we find out what happened to our original Stargate, which is nice.

RATING: 7.5 out of 10
              Private guitar tuition | Return To Grace - rock/pop party band

Comment

I love this episode while recognizing it has a lot of flaws. I love the way Daniel channels Jack (and admits it!) and the way RDA looks like MacGyver just before he jumps out of the plane (the only point in the entire series where I always think of Mac).

At the same time, it bugs me that we get hints of dumb Jack (with his background, do you seriously expect me to believe he doesn't already know what substance 39 is?)

It's slow and weird, and I like it a lot.

Seaboe
                If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

They also dumb down Daniel at one moment for the benefit of the audience, where he asks what happens when the outside pressure gets too much. Very annoying, as it's not difficult to understand.
                  Private guitar tuition | Return To Grace - rock/pop party band

Comment

Not many weak eps so far this season. Unfortunately this is one of them.

It has some interesting things like the Russians having the original gate and a DHD. And the start of the relationship between Russia and America for the show. Not something I enjoy.
                    sigpic

Comment

Some good parts to the episode, like Teal'c and Daniels reactions to jumping out of the plain were fun to watch, especially compared to Jack and Sam, who've done this a few times and isn't anything to them. Some surprises with a few "guest stars", Mayborne's appearance surprised me the first time - and it really showcases, yet again the kind of person he is.

I liked the end with what Jack said about the exchanging of hostages, it's a good example on how smart and observant Jack really is. He may not have book smarts like Carter, but he does have a lot of knowledge and experience in other important skills he does seem to have a little more knowledge (or maybe it's experience) of how the world and people work than his team mates.

Not a bad episode overall. Not my favourite, but it does help set up for a lot of future episodes and story arcs.
                      Oh for a book and a shady nook ~ Jules' Book Reviews - my book review site.

Comment

Tuesday night and another ep of SG1.

1. The Enkarans. Forgot they'd gotten a mention in this one.

2. "The Russians have a Stargate?" Yeah.

3. "This is not wise! I said it is easy, not wise. Mum was dead cert Teal'c would get in one hell of a mess with the parachute.

4. The amount of Jackisms Daniel came out with made me wonder if Jack was originally meant to be on the sub.

5. Don't think it clocked first time round that frozen-guy was Maybourne.

Another S4 ep, another cool ep.
                        I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
                          Tuesday night and another ep of SG1.

1. The Enkarans. Forgot they'd gotten a mention in this one.

2. "The Russians have a Stargate?" Yeah.

3. "This is not wise! I said it is easy, not wise. Mum was dead cert Teal'c would get in one hell of a mess with the parachute.

4. The amount of Jackisms Daniel came out with made me wonder if Jack was originally meant to be on the sub.

5. Don't think it clocked first time round that frozen-guy was Maybourne.

Another S4 ep, another cool ep.
                          4: That's what I thought too.

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
                          "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
                          a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

A pretty good filter episode.

So the Russians have their own Stargate Program. Also, this episode begins the downfall of Maybourne.

Stuff from the Commentary (with a couple of pictures/screencaps, in spoiler tags to save space):
                            • Kurt Russell visited the set during the opening scene
                            • The plane is real
                            • The plane's actual pilot is inspecting the plane (he's on the bottom, just before the image below (GW's screencap gallery doesn't have the proper image from the exact moment, just before and after))
                              Spoiler:
                            • No Visual effects in this shot, they were really on the plane and it was moving (except when they "jumped" out). And that's water, not snow/ice
                              Spoiler:
                            • Peter DeLuise created (suggested) this shot
                              Spoiler:
                            • "Holy frozen bad guys" was an RDA ad-libed line.
                            • The episode one more scene after the episode ended, but was cut out for time.

Tomorrow, the Unas return (the more common ones), and my favorite gun, the P90 makes its first appearance.
                            sigpic

Comment

A bit of an odd one this. Never could decide if I really liked this episode, I don't dislike it either.

Maybourne's surprise appearance was good though, really threw me when I first watched this. The whole scene after they found Maybourne in the freezer was funny.

TEAL'C: Do not humans usually die when they are frozen?
                              O'NEILL: Usually.
                              O'NEILL: They usually don't breathe when they're dead either.

I just found the fact that we never got to really find out what the water aliens really were like a bit frustrating, then again it could have ended up being a little like the movie 'Abyss'.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
                                Good point. If that's the case, I wonder why they switched to Daniel. The Jack-like things coming from Daniel sound kind of mean somehow when he says it...

My LiveJournal post
                                "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                                "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                                "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                                "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                                >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Working...
                                X