No announcement yet.

Watergate (407)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is one of my favorite ep. Marina did a great job. I loved the O'Neill side of Daniel. I too would have loved to see more of Markov.

Comment

One thing i would lvoe to know... Was there ever any 'humanoid' inhabitants of that planet?? IMO there must have, to have constructed all those buildings, plinths etc...

Comment

I have just rewatched this episode i forgot how good it was.
        but i have to admit that it is a bit hard geting in to,
        but i loved the end where they relised what was happening
        sigpic

Comment

I was really impressed that the writers finally stepped out of their little bubble and started to include foreign nations in the Stargate storyline. The Russians were an obvious first choice, seeing as how the Cold War was based around technological exploration. Seeing as how the Stargate is the single largest technological marvel of all time you would think someone else would have picked up on it. I loved how realistic the Russian facility was, a famous CIA operative once said that all the Soviet Union is was new paint jobs on top of rusty machines. Even though the Soviet Union is dead Russia still operates with an all flash no bang type of society. In the end the Russians just couldn't afford to have their own Stargate program. I didn't much care for the premise of the episode, but all of the small things made it worth while.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake View Post
            I was really impressed that the writers finally stepped out of their little bubble and started to include foreign nations in the Stargate storyline. The Russians were an obvious first choice, seeing as how the Cold War was based around technological exploration. Seeing as how the Stargate is the single largest technological marvel of all time you would think someone else would have picked up on it. I loved how realistic the Russian facility was, a famous CIA operative once said that all the Soviet Union is was new paint jobs on top of rusty machines. Even though the Soviet Union is dead Russia still operates with an all flash no bang type of society. In the end the Russians just couldn't afford to have their own Stargate program. I didn't much care for the premise of the episode, but all of the small things made it worth while.
            ditto. amazing fx. new alien race. maybourne.
            an enjoyable episode.

daniel doing an o'neill is pretty funny too.

Comment

In Soviet Russia, water drinks you!

Rating: 7/10

Full Review: http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/2...watergate.html
              My attempt to watch every episode of SG-1 and Atlantis this summer:
              http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Just watched this episode last night, and it does leaves alot of question as a whole

Like will the Russian continue with their Stargate program, how will SGC address the issue of their information leaking out to the russian....

Those russians could ruin our friendship with other aliens such the Asgard, Torlans, Nox, Tok Ra and so on. They should know the existence of those civilization and all the technology they have

Comment

All these questions will answered as the series continues

I'm assuming your a new Gater. I apologize if I'm wrong
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by L E E View Post
                    daniel doing an o'neill is pretty funny too.
                    "The gage must be malfunctioning. But it's swiss" lmao

fantastic episode

Comment

I think it was a pretty cool episode !

Big Teal'c and I have finally something in common, we're both afraid of jumping out of airplanes .

And some funny lines from Daniel

Rating : 7 / 10

Comment

Finally, sometime last week, some website put together a list of their favorite episode titles. Alas, Stargate failed to make the list. To rectify that oversight, I’ve decided to put together a list of My Top 10 Favorite Stargate Titles:

**snip**

9) Watergate: What else are you going to call an episode focusing on the team’s investigation of a secret Russian project in which a second gate is connected to a water planet - with disastrous results? Okay, granted, it could’ve been called plenty of other things and when Rob Cooper first suggested calling his episode Watergate, I remember we all laughed. Well, as it turned out, Rob was the last man laughing.
                        http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...pisode-titles/
                        sigpic
                        The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

"Holy frozen bad guys". Great line!

Comment

God maybourne is an ass. Jack should have shot him. a good ep by the way
                            Some say that he has only one ear.
                            And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
                            All we know is he's called
                            sigpic

Comment

OK...not my fave ep, just doesn't do much for me, although the fx are cool....

But I couldn't help but wonder at the beginning...the SGC gate doesn't engage and Sam goes up to figure out what's wrong...nothing new, she does this all the time, right? BUT who does it when SG1 is off world and there's a problem? Because it seems that she's the only one who can figure out the problem and fix it.... (I'm known for my random thoughts, sorry)

Love all the little quips in this ep!
                              My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
                                But I couldn't help but wonder at the beginning...the SGC gate doesn't engage and Sam goes up to figure out what's wrong...nothing new, she does this all the time, right? BUT who does it when SG1 is off world and there's a problem? Because it seems that she's the only one who can figure out the problem and fix it.... (I'm known for my random thoughts, sorry)
                                They have techs. Techs can usually fix things. It's just that if you have someone who really knows what they are doing, that person can fix the problem a lot faster then techs could.

Personally, if I see a problem that I know I can fix quickly, I grow impatient watching techs take care of it. I usually end up shooing them away and fixing it myself, even if it's not my job. I'm guessing Sam's the same way with the gate. It's not her job to fix it, but she can't just sit there and watch the techs still trying to figure out what's wrong when she already knows how to fix it.
                                MWG Gate Network Simulation

Looks familiar?

Comment

Working...
                                X