• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by panzor
    I will say one thing about this episode,

Right in the middle of my back swing!

That is one Stargate classic moments.
    Indeed. I was literally rolling on the floor laughing at that.

Comment

Originally posted by LateFan
      Indeed. I was literally rolling on the floor laughing at that.
      Same here, one of my favorites.

Comment

I wish they'd make up their mind what kind of series they're making... Are we supposed to take it seriously or as comedy?
        The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

One of the things I love about Stargate is that they don't always take themselves seriously. I love the fact that they sprinkle humor through out episodes, and even from time to time do a comedy piece.

Specifically to this episode I love that they can take a lite romp of a story and do a 180 and become a serious, pointed piece. It makes the drama stand out all the more for me, because the rest of the story isn't dramtic.

This is one of my favorite episodes.
          ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
          The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

There's one thing I wondered about the synchronised Stargate activation thing......What would have happened if the SGC had dialled one of the Gates that were inside the bubble? Would it work? I wonder what would happen as a result of it if a connection could be made? Maybe I'm just thinking too much...
            "Someday, men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century." - Jack the Ripper

Comment

Umm.. I thought they did? wasn't gate travel limited to the stargates within the bubble?
              The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

I would have to say this is one of my fave eps, I loved the kiss, I like how at the end Jack ate Oatmeal insted of fruit loops (which he luvs) and most of all when Jack and Teal'c are playing Golf in the gate room with an open wormhole (how kwool is that), but i was woundering what was on the other side? I mean what if they hit someone or something in the head, we may never know. DF

Comment

Well, technically, it never happened in realtime since everyone within the subspace bubble lost their memory for every loop except O'Neill, Teal'c, and Malakai.

Here are my thoughts on what I have read by other viewers and their posts.

For the one questioning about what kind of series this is, I would say its a great series that mixes comedy and all seriousness in it. What I love the most is when the SG-1 is stranded in a bad situation and Jack pulls a Jackism, like in season6's Full Circle in which Jack tells Herak that he needs to tell Anubis that they will be given safe passage to the gate or that they would destroy the eye, and on top of that, for the humor, he told him to go tell Anubis that he (Herak) screwed up again. I just love how Jack breaks the ice in even the most serious scenarios.

And my thought on dialing out to a gate in the bubble. My guess is that since both gates would be in the bubble, they would still get affected by the gate /Time dialing device on P4X-639 and still suffer the timelooping.

And my thought on what were to happen if they died during the looping.. My guess is that they would still be alive since they are trapped in a different part of the subspace rules of physics. Because time keeps going back to the way it was, they could do anything, even die (which they had before mind you) and still be alive for when it loops)
                  Last edited by Andy867; 19 May 2004, 09:30 PM.
                  Red counter: 14 Dings and growing.

Green (positive) JELLO donations are always welcome

Mckay: Oh my god, He IS Kirk...

Comment

Originally posted by nugglebugget
                    ...If there was a way of going back in time & preventing "Charlie's" death,how would Jack deal with it.He knows what is out there & eventually it'd come to Earth.Would he be willing to stay with his family & just let somebody else handle it,going against his protective take-charge nature or would he give in and try to be a part of the SGC program ...
                    Had Jack been able to do that, he would still have volunteered to take part in the Abydos mission. But I'd say he wouldn't have gone with such a suicidal outlook on the whole thing. Then again, he would have known exactly what to expect when Ra showed up... my head hurts.

Comment

I agree. Even if Charlie was to have lived, I still believe that Col. O'Neill would have gone along with the mission to Abydos, especially since his would have still be active in the USAF.

Comment

I'm sure I've watched this episode twice as many times as any other. Way better than the Other Guys eps ::cringe::
                        Fitness Buddies

Comment

This is defiantly my favorite episode EVER!!

Here's a question, once the loop was broken, do you think Jack and Teal'c told anyone about what they did? E.g. Wormhole golf etc.
                          "At least my heroes exist. If this was a Trek convention, you’d be all dressed up like a Klingon."

Comment

Well, seeing as how they (well, more so Jack than Teal'c) is bound by military regulations to note any unusual circumstances experienced during any mission, I would think that they would have to mention some of the stuff, though I think that Jack may have had ommitted the instance in which he retired so that he could be with Carter.

Comment

I love this episode! It's so funny at the beginning of the loop when Daniel asks the question and Jack's reaction to it! lol. I wonder what the question is though...

Comment

Yah, i'm so sad i don't have the dvd yet!
                                Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Working...
                                X