No announcement yet.

Upgrades (403)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah, the nose-flattening is all Richard. He made sure he slammed into the practical effect they used to create that.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Despite how much I like this episode (one of my favourite from the whole TV series) there is one point which I do not like at all, I actually roll my eyes every time when I see this scene.

I talk about the scene where Hammond and Teal'c are talking about destroying of the Apophis's ship. Hammond says that he can't send the rest of SG-1 and Teal'c offers going alone. My reaction is always WTF? Don't tell me that all other sg teams are so ineffective that none of them is able to help in this case, they can't support Teal'c in the mission or being sent instead of SG-1 to do it. Those people should be seasoned professionals in their job as well.

I know that SG-1 are the main characters of the TV series but the similar attitude looks like that SG-1 is the only capable team of the base and the rest is good for dying and similar things, but they cannot be trusted with such serious task. I think that could highlight the main characters without implying that the secondary members of the SGC are not as good/capable as SG-1 is.
      Last edited by Manche; 06 March 2020, 08:57 AM.

Comment

I'm more inclined to think that he doesn't want to send any team in there, knowing that the gate will be heavily guarded and the task of destroying the ship will lead to a high casualty count.

But I see how it could look like SG-1 is the only capable team, and sometimes -- a lot of times -- that feeling is shared by yours truly.

Comment

Yes, I agree that general Hammond probably did not want to send anyone and Teal'c tried to persuade him. I had a feeling that when they can't send SG-1 they can't send anyone but maybe I interpreted this scene wrongly, your explanation sounds as the Hammond's attitude a lot of.

Maybe I am a little sensitive in this issue, because sometimes it sounds that from sg teams only SG-1 managed to make big things in the war with Goaulds / Replicators/Ori and the rest of the teams did not manage to do anything useful all this time. You can correct me but I do not remember even one scene where would be mentioned that different sg team would manage to do something significant as SG-1. They are main heroes but making them the only team with big succescess sound too incredibly for me.

Comment

I think it's more that their accomplishments are the only ones that get mentioned during the series. If the others weren't effective, the number of teams wouldn't keep rising.

Seaboe
            If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Manche View Post
              You can correct me but I do not remember even one scene where would be mentioned that different sg team would manage to do something significant as SG-1. They are main heroes but making them the only team with big succescess sound too incredibly for me.
              Well, the other teams are quite adept at getting themselves killed. If Sg-1 and another team are in the field together there's a better than average chance that every single member of the other team will die over the course of the episode. And they even die successfully; no coming back to life for them. I think that warrants a round of applause, no?

Comment

Originally posted by Xaeden View Post
                Well, the other teams are quite adept at getting themselves killed. If Sg-1 and another team are in the field together there's a better than average chance that every single member of the other team will die over the course of the episode. And they even die successfully; no coming back to life for them. I think that warrants a round of applause, no?
                Which basically means that I wouldn't want to be the team send along with SG-1 cause you can kiss your life goodbye. Red shirts anyone.

Comment

I have the habit of predicting which hapless character or characters will be the red shirts of the episodes.

I think other SG teams are successful, just not mentioned because it is a show about SG1. I also think that SG1 has the most experience of any of the teams that is why they are considered the best.
                  Last edited by BethHG; 09 August 2018, 07:59 PM.

Comment

SG3 seems to do okay. Except for Col Makepeace
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      SG3 seems to do okay. Except for Col Makepeace
                      Sg-3 benefits from often being left behind to secure to the gate. The ones who drop like flies are those that, not always but with a high degree of frequency, actually accompany Sg-1 on their mission or those that Sg-1 are sent to find.

Comment

thiers always the blackhole episode, that team got super ****ed... now maybe if sg1 had gone they would have detected the blackhole before they left the gate.... but lets be honost, thor or some other ancient goodies would have had to rescue them quickly.... i have a thoery that the sg team there did not die were instead rescued by others etc who kept them as part of the cost of the rescue and they do stuff with that race now

Comment

Doesnt O'Malleys Bar & Grill look great! (pre fight that is...)

It would be wonderful if i could find a place like that in real life.
                          Chief Galen Tyrol: But how do you know I'm human?
                          Brother Cavil: Oh, well, maybe because I'm a Cylon, and I've never seen you at any of the meetings.

Comment

Working...
                          X