No announcement yet.

Nemesis (322)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just rewatched this today because I wanted to get a feel for mid-season Jack again. I do hope this is the sort of Jack we get to see in the third movie. There's a nice balance of leadership and a bit of being smartass and only a little bit of Simpsonness in his performance here. I kind of wish they would have let Sam handle some of the bigger weapons rather than staying back with Thor, but she needed to do her brilliant genius thing.

I quite missed Daniel though. I wonder how he would have fit into this plotline if MS hadn't gotten ill? I kind of take the season finale of three as some of the last bits on trying to really integrate Daniel's original specialties into the story for a really long time (almost until season 9 IMO). It seems like so many times afterward, he's sort of off to the side on things or used as the source of conflict or in his own B storyline in the same episode; just not integrated too much as they brought the focus onto the military and more onto Sam and Jack bantering.

I like the entrance of new enemies and the newer plot threads, but when I rewatch, I realize I'm kind of sad that this seems to be the turning point of exploration-type episodes.
    sigpic Heliosphere- multi-shipper, multi-thunker

Comment

teal'c in the space suit is just priceless, one small step for jaffa lmao LOVE IT

Comment

Wow , what a great season final!!!!!

The Replicators looks like a huge enemy , can't wait for the next episode!

Maybe the best episode of season 3 !

Teal'c : "one small step for Jaffa"

Rating : 9 /10

Comment

Originally posted by balo View Post
          Wow , what a great season final!!!!!

The Replicators looks like a huge enemy , can't wait for the next episode!

Maybe the best episode of season 3 !

Teal'c : "one small step for Jaffa"

Rating : 9 /10
          you are in for a great ride

Comment

This is the episode that changed the series and forum forever. If the replicators weren't introduced then there wouldn't be debates about them being over used.
            Some say that he has only one ear.
            And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
            All we know is he's called
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by heliosphere View Post
              I just rewatched this today because I wanted to get a feel for mid-season Jack again. I do hope this is the sort of Jack we get to see in the third movie. There's a nice balance of leadership and a bit of being smartass and only a little bit of Simpsonness in his performance here. I kind of wish they would have let Sam handle some of the bigger weapons rather than staying back with Thor, but she needed to do her brilliant genius thing.

I quite missed Daniel though. I wonder how he would have fit into this plotline if MS hadn't gotten ill? I kind of take the season finale of three as some of the last bits on trying to really integrate Daniel's original specialties into the story for a really long time (almost until season 9 IMO). It seems like so many times afterward, he's sort of off to the side on things or used as the source of conflict or in his own B storyline in the same episode; just not integrated too much as they brought the focus onto the military and more onto Sam and Jack bantering.

I like the entrance of new enemies and the newer plot threads, but when I rewatch, I realize I'm kind of sad that this seems to be the turning point of exploration-type episodes.
              I have to agree with you about Jack in these episodes. It's like this is where he really hits his stride as a character. Also, Daniel's character is somewhat left to his own devices now that they've "resolved" his search for his wife and the harsesis child.

I thought Sam did pretty well taking out the bugs in that last scene, but yes, she was needed for scientist-y things. Teal'c seems to exist to get beat up though, once again he's on the verge of death and only the existence of junior allows him to survive (this time in the role of lack-of-o2).

Not that I'm complaining. I actually found the past few episodes (I'm rewatching in order) to be hilarious and am having a grand time. Even in this episode, Jack's interactions with Daniel and Sam before he was beamed up were pretty funny.

Side note: What was up with Sam's turtleneck? Was she hiding a hickey or something?

Comment

Hmm maybe I'm missing something, but at the end of the episode Sam and Thor beam to the gate. How did they beam locations if the transporter wasn't working in the first place? Beaming down of course.

Comment

It was working, Thor just wanted to limit its usage because the Replicators were attracted to its energy output.

Comment

No the ability to teleport items up was working, not the ability to teleport down, or so thor said. This means Carter shouldn't technically of been able to do so.

Comment

So this is the episode in which the replicators are first seen. Interesting how they change over time.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jane View Post
                        I loved this episode, i mean its the first episode we get to see the Replicators and we get to see Thor again. There is also the fishing invitation at the beginning.
                        touche!
                        If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
                        [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer View Post
                          Actually, I think the reason Thor likes Jack is that he has the Asgard version of Jack's sense of humor. You see it a lot in Fair Game and Small Victories. The entire series of exchanges with Sam about her "dumb idea".
                          interestin assessment here
                          If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
                          [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

Wow, what a finale! I loved how they put the new title sequence in for this, and the FX budget seems to have been given a huge boost too. Yikes, but the replicators creep me out for sure.
                            sigpic

Comment

Great episode. I love Thor and these replicator things were interesting.

I loved the whole fishing thing from Jack to Carter. Wonder if she did actually reconsider his invitation before he got beamed up by Thor. Any Thor episode is an awesome episode to me!! The writing in this was brilliant, the plot and I loved the fact that Thor named a new ship after Jack O Neil. Priceless.
                              sigpic

Comment

Whats not to luv? This is one of my top fav 2 parters. Love it all. Love Thor and his interactions with Jack. Totally awesome. I think that Thor does, as someone before posited, have a sense of humor that is truly the Asgard version of Jack. They are too fun together. Love the new plot line about the Replicators. I always love them as bugs, though the human forms are cool in their own way, but they are just so cool as these menacing...you can't talk to them or reason with them monsters. The humor in this one is great, and I love the interactions between Daniel and Hammond. Very nicely done. Also, I always love it when Major Davis drops by!
                                Enjoying the Stargate Re-Watch Event: "This should not get old, General!"

Noxbait's Fan Fiction

Comment

Working...
                                X