Crystal Skull (321)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ancient
    I liked this episode becasue it related to the personal lifes of the characters rrather than being a standard recon. I think it's interesting to see the backstories for the characters that are developed.
    I agree. This was a really good episode and very entertaining. I thought of Patrick Swayze in Ghost, as well. I said Daniel needs to go on the subway and find that guy who can teach him how to move things.

Anyway, that also made me wonder about the floor, stairs, sitting on the bed, etc. I always wondered about that in Ghost, as well.

Before I saw the giant alien, I thought Nick's description kinda sounded like the ascendeds, (Oma Desala, etc.), except for the giant part.

Originally posted by Liv
    Also, when they're all waiting to see Nick and the nurse asks if they're close, Teal'c says: "Yes, extremely". The tone of his voice is just too funny.
    That part reminded me of the Kirk/Spock dialogue in Star Trek 4, when they are in Gillian's truck discussing what to eat.

Originally posted by Hathor999
    The problem is that I don´t think that we will have in the future very much mythology. The PTB decided that they want have a X-Files/Star Trek mix and there is no longer very much place for the history/archeology/mythology aspect.
    I hope they didn't do that. I'm new to SG, watching on the DVD's. The mythology and exploration aspects are some of the things that really set Stargate apart from some of the other stuff you mentioned. Why do production companies/networks always have to dumb-down things?

Comment

This was great I like the whole exploration thing. It was a good story and daniel was funny. Nick was very good as well, him and daniel made their relationship seem real.
      The pyramid was cool and the giant aliens were .....well giant! I wish they could have gone back to this one even if it meant the giant aliens were too busy to help us. Mind you with most SG aliens it would have meant us helping them!
      *Watch out for them nintendos* as jack would say!

Comment

MS was funny in this episode and it suited him, shame the giant aliens and Nick have never been seen since!

Comment

Yea, it was supposed to be a trade rite? So Nick should have come back to share his newly learnt knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by Symobolt
            I liked it very much cause it brought back the magical feel of Stargate the movie - you know, Dänikenian exploration and all of earth's mythology actually being based on past alien presence and stuff
            That's a perfect way to put it, though I have no clue what "Dänikenian" means. I adore these archeology episodes - this one, "The Tomb" and "The Curse" are some of my very favorites. The Giant Alien was SO cool (mad props to Mayaboy for the translation!) and it was fun having Daniel out of phase from everyone else. I think it would have been great to have him see what kind of mischief he could cause as an invisible man, but the episode had enough humor as it was. I love the scene where Jack flops off the bed, as well as Daniel's "Wait, what, that's it? What ever happened to staying up all night? ...I'd do it for you..."

But my favorite exchange in the episode was near the end:

Nick: Now ve must vait for de giaant ay-liens.
            Jack: ...That just has a nice ring to it.

And unlike many, I thought the cavern shots looked great. It didn't look real, but it did look cool. Like...I dunno, like SG-1 was walking through a minature model or something.

The only problem is the ending. It seems like it got cut off because the ran out of time. It leaves us wondering what happened next. I figure it's something like:

Daniel: Thanks...grandpa.
            (Awkward silence)
            Carter: So now what? The script just kinda cuts off.
            Giant Alien: Yeah, so...if you ever need me, just drop me a line. I can reach stuff on the top shelf...and.......stuff....
            O'Niell: Okay, cool. Um. So, be seeing you around then?
            Giant Alien: Yeah, yeah. Watch out for Nintendos on your way out. Heh...heh.

Comment

Oh yeah...and did anyone else notice the deadpan way Teal'c shot the skull with the zat gun? It was exactly the same way that he shot the missile engines in 1969. It's hilarious. It's like his fix-all solution for everything.

Comment

Yeah great episode, stinks that they repeated this in season 9......and TPTB probably won't follow up on this story.......oh well

Comment

No they havnt repeated this it just so happens that
                  Spoiler:
                  Mitchell and Carter go out of phase in a hunt for Sodan warriors who have dissapeared
                  I hope they do bring back Quezquatol and Nick as it would be great to see them both again.
                  Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Originally posted by Metarock Sam
                    No they havnt repeated this it just so happens that
                    Spoiler:
                    Mitchell and Carter go out of phase in a hunt for Sodan warriors who have dissapeared
                    I hope they do bring back Quezquatol and Nick as it would be great to see them both again.
                    Agreed

Comment

Originally posted by Ascendant
                      That's a perfect way to put it, though I have no clue what "Dänikenian" means.
                      Erich von Däniken is one of the better-known real-world proponents of the ancient astronaut theory.

Comment

Originally posted by Elwe Singollo
                        I think if i remember, isn't quetzalcoatl somekind of thunder-ish god of some sort???
                        I happen to be an Aztec obsesee, and Quetzalcoatl was the Feathered Serpent god who left his people, traveling east over the ocean, telling them that he would return "in the first year of the Reed, in the form of a bearded man with pale skin" from the east. A "reed" is a period of 1000 years, and Cortez came in the first year of the reed... the rest is history...

Yes, I know I'm a geek...
                        Spoiler:
                        Before you met me I was a fairy princess
                        I caught frogs and called them prince
                        And made myself a queen
                        Before you knew me I traveled 'round the world
                        I slept in castles and fell in love
                        Because I was taught to dream

I found mayonnaise bottles and poked holes on top
                        To capture tinkerbell
                        They were just fireflies to the untrained eye
                        But I could always tell

I believe in fairytales and dreamers dreams like bed sheet sails
                        And I believe in Peter Pan and miracles
                        And anything I can to get by
                        And fireflies...

"What's the point of being grown-up if you can't act childish sometimes?" -- Doctor Who

Comment

interesting!!
                          sigpic

Comment

yeah i noticed the first time i noticed the Giant aliens voice is teal'c i didnt notice that and i thought about it and i said mmm odd

Comment

Holy smoke!

Comment

Do you think Nicholas Ballard will ever return to Earth? I was watching the Crystal Skull episode recently and realized that he never came back. Just one episode could finish bringing him back and maybe just make it a flashback episode so they could place it into the Stargate storyline such as before the Ori episodes or something. Then they could pull up ideas that Nicholas learned from quetlzelcoatl and the giant aliens. It just seems like this has been forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                                X