No announcement yet.

Crystal Skull (321)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I read somewhere that the guy who played Ballard died a year ago or something...could be wrong of course.
    sigpic
    "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
    DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

It doesn't have to be the original actor it can be someone else that resembles him like in Stargate Atlantis where they had two different actors play as the Wraith Michael. This could be a flashback episode or maybe make it a key for defeating the Ori or something.

Comment

i was actually thinking someting like this becasue that episode put Daniel out of phase with this one couldnt the enemy have been the ORI and not the snakes. I mean it would almost be fitting, and my thoughts are that he would return younger than when he left but thats only my thought.
        The enemy has spoken

Comment

Hey, this is my first post and I love this ep. I thoroughly agree it would be great to see Nick back. He was a great character, although a lot of that was down to the lovely old guy that played him, somebody Rubis(sh) wasn't it. I hadn't heard he'd died, and it would be a great loss if he has, but there are loads of ways they could make another actor acceptable. Poor ole Daniel could do with a relly too! I sat in on Mesoamerican lectures last term (I'm doing Egyptian Archaeology myself) and found it all fascinating. Love the art works and their calendrical system.
          Meghan.

Comment

Originally posted by Deus Ex Machina
            It doesn't have to be the original actor it can be someone else that resembles him like in Stargate Atlantis where they had two different actors play as the Wraith Michael. This could be a flashback episode or maybe make it a key for defeating the Ori or something.
            It's...not that simple. Brent Strait (Michael in Allies, Ferreti in Season 1) out of make up, looks nothing like Conner Trinneer. Only because of the Wraith make up applied to him were they able to bear a similarity.

But hey, I have no problems bringing him back if they could, I was just saying.
            sigpic
            "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
            DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

I don't know if anyone's brought up this topic in this Crystal Skull thread. But it's usually brought up whenever phasing occurs. Why don't people fall through the floor.

I think it's gravity. I'm not sure how to phrase it exactly, but it would also exert force from below through the planet.

Comment

It's already been explained a couple of times. But I don't remember where, so I'll just give it again.

Daniel wasn't so much out of phase so much as he was partially transmitted to a parallel dimension. In that dimension, the earth could exist and Daniel could see and hear it, but because he was technically in that alternate dimension (where the earth's mass may exist but humans weren't there to build any of the structures), he wouldn't be able to interact with anything in our dimensional plane.

Complicated yes, but it's basically what they use later on.
                Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Originally posted by Descent
                  It's...not that simple. Brent Strait (Michael in Allies, Ferreti in Season 1) out of make up, looks nothing like Conner Trinneer. Only because of the Wraith make up applied to him were they able to bear a similarity.

But hey, I have no problems bringing him back if they could, I was just saying.
                  If they treat it like an Acension thing then he could come back deaged.

Comment

I truly hope that they will go into this story a bit more. Would like to know if Nick ever returns, he was supposed to tell Daniel all about his experience one day. I would also like to know more about these giant aliens. To bad they couldn't use "Arthur's Mantle" to work more into the "Crystal Skull" story.

Comment

I loved this episode - the tension when Daniel thinks that he may be dead and Sam gets a shiver, lol. I love misleading moments like that.
                      I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                      Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

I watched this on dvd recently and was reminded how much i liked it. Daniels grandfather should come back someday and tell us what he learnt, mind you, he was getting very old. season 9 spoilers-
                        Spoiler:
                        Maybe they can pull an orlin and bring him back as a young boy...
                        Director/Editor/Writer

Comment

just saw it . Its funny how the majority of times you can tell what is going to be a good episode by reading the description of it. This was kinda like raiders of the lost ark meets stargate. loved it.

Comment

I found it very touching when general Hammond is on the phone with his grand daughter and says

"I’d love to come to see you in your school play tomorrow night, sweetheart, but can’t. Well, a very close friend of mine is lost and he needs my help. Yes, he’s a very close friend. I hope so too".

And Daniel actually listens to this but Hammond doesn't know. It really shows how nice George is and doesn't consider the situation as "I've got a problem at work", but as helping a friend, not a colleague. That was a great moment in knowing Hammond, we also find out he has 2 grand daughters whom he loves very much.

Comment

Originally posted by Arga
                              I found it very touching when general Hammond is on the phone with his grand daughter and says

"I’d love to come to see you in your school play tomorrow night, sweetheart, but can’t. Well, a very close friend of mine is lost and he needs my help. Yes, he’s a very close friend. I hope so too".

And Daniel actually listens to this but Hammond doesn't know. It really shows how nice George is and doesn't consider the situation as "I've got a problem at work", but as helping a friend, not a colleague. That was a great moment in knowing Hammond, we also find out he has 2 grand daughters whom he loves very much.
                              I agree. It was actually one of my favourite scenes from that ep. As you say it shows a side of Hammond that we haven't really seen before. It really shows what kind of a General he is, he really cares for the people he work with, they are almoast like a family.

Comment

George for president

Comment

Working...
                                X