X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falcon Horus
    replied
    Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
    They actually made a mistake that's fairly common--they assumed that if the foreground is in focus, the background is out of focus. But if you look at pictures of people at the Grand Canyon, for example, the background is not out of focus. That's why it drives me nuts and why I think it's one of the few episodes with truly terrible special effects.

And it clicks... yes, this.

Leave a comment:

• Platschu
    replied
    Maybe they wanted to express how big is the pyramid inside, so the background is blurred for that particular reason. I know it was done a bit lazy, but it is not that bad.

Here are some background infos about the Giant People :
    http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Omeyocan
    But this is based on a novel, so it is just "half-canon".

Leave a comment:

• Seaboe Muffinchucker
    replied
    They actually made a mistake that's fairly common--they assumed that if the foreground is in focus, the background is out of focus. But if you look at pictures of people at the Grand Canyon, for example, the background is not out of focus. That's why it drives me nuts and why I think it's one of the few episodes with truly terrible special effects.

Seaboe

Leave a comment:

• Platschu
    replied
    You left out "oh, and the special effects are awful."

Seaboe
    As far as I know this one was the first SG episode when they have shot a complete scene in blue-box. It is not that bad for a tv show and it was just 1999.

Leave a comment:

• Who Knows
    replied
    15:22.

Leave a comment:

• jelgate
    replied
    This was an easy one. You can work on the gray pieces in the corners. Once this is done, It's a lot easier to do Daniel's face

Leave a comment:

• Falcon Horus
    replied
    Holy smokes.... 2 minutes faster.

Leave a comment:

• jelgate
    replied
    6 minutes and 50 seconds

Leave a comment:

• jelgate
    replied
    Never before have I been afraid of Nitendos. Yes the compliant of the bad CGI is a valid one. That say, I've always liked this one for the interaction between Ballard and Daniel. The premise is a SciFi classic so it's the interaction that sells it. Too bad we never see the giant aliens again. I call if a good.

I got a perfect on the quiz. I have vacation next week so I will catch up on the puzzles

Leave a comment:

• Falcon Horus
    replied
    3-episode quiz: New Ground, Maternal Instinct & Crystal Skull
    Jigsaw puzzle: Crystal Skull

It took me 08:51 to finish the puzzle. I blame mixing up the two sides for the slow finish.

Leave a comment:

• Falcon Horus
    replied
    Yeah, they are but sometimes you just have to accept the inevitable.

Leave a comment:

• Seaboe Muffinchucker
    replied

Seaboe

Leave a comment:

• Falcon Horus
    replied
    This too is one of my favorite episodes. And every single time I'm snorting and laughing when O'Neill tries to get up from the infirmary bed, goes down on the floor and Teal'c hauling him back onto it, informing him that Doctor Fraiser is usally right when she says you're not fit to get up yet. Gets me every time!

I really like how they used the mystery of the crystal skulls and build a story around them.
    It's a nice way to show more of Daniel Jackson, and how he seems to take after his grandfather Nick Ballard. Like grandfather, like grandson. And they are both right too.

They could have gone so many different ways with this, like total comedy with Daniel being invisible and having him do all sorts of things, or really serious but instead they found a middle path and walked it beautifully.

I do not like, however, that we never hear of the giant aliens again, or Nick Ballard for that matter which is a shame because that could have been interesting. What sort of knowledge did he learn from Quetzalcoatl and his people? Who were they and why did they leave Earth? Or why are they enemies of the Goa'uld?

That's a bit of a shame but nevertheless a beautiful episode that I really enjoy rewatching.

However, Carter fainting and yet still holding onto her doohickey -- that's quite a feat, especially since she doesn't have it with her anymore when they drop down on the ramp in the gate area. Must have lost it after all somewhere between the long run back from the platform.

And really, how far down did that go?

How would you rate SG-1's "Crystal Skull?"

Excellent
    Good
    Fair
    Poor
    Terrible

Leave a comment:

• Nirude
    replied
    I listened to this last night on audio-only, I think it was funny how when they first reach the skull platform area, each member of SG-1 is talking to themselves about something completely different.. And of course Jack is just wondering "how far down that is" rather than any actual scientific stuff

Leave a comment:

• garhkal
    replied
    If you see the latter part of S10, that's exactly what he did.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X