Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After re watching this episode again… I had to comment on a few things

O'Neill: "Look, Im sick of laying around. Help me up."
    Teal'c: "Dr. Fraiser believes you are not strong enough to undertake such a mission."
    O'Neill: "Yeah, whatever."
    Gets off the bed and falls to the floor.
    Teal'c: "Dr. Fraiser is usually correct in such matters."
    Throws O'Neill onto the bed.
    O'Neill: (muffled) "Thank you."

That has to be one of my all time SG1 scenes. It's made so much better by just how unfazed by Jack hitting the floor Teal'c is.

I also love how Daniel interacts with everyone even though they can not see him or hear him. And it truly is a heart warming scene when he realizes Nick can see him. Jack’s nintendo’s comment is just as awesome lol
    This isn't about love. This is about revenge....

Comment

It's a shame there was never a follow up to this episode, I would have at least settled for a mention of it down the line. Maybe they never learned anything valuable from ze giant aliens.

Comment

Originally posted by FrodoFraggins View Post
        9.0/10

Great use of humor in this episode. The CGI in the cavern is REALLY bad, but at least they tried something interesting.
        Agreed. I'd love to see how they would do it today with better CGI capabilities.

Originally posted by Pond Hopper View Post
        It's a shame there was never a follow up to this episode, I would have at least settled for a mention of it down the line. Maybe they never learned anything valuable from ze giant aliens.
        That would have been awesome! Maybe even something with them and the Ohnes.
        sigpic

Comment

I've always really liked this (despite the truly awful special effects), for no particular reason--actually, I think it's because there are so many good lines. Favorite lines:

"And what if that thing zaps you to wherever it sent Dr. Jackson?"

"Then I will have succeeded in locating him."

and

"What do you think?"

"I think you're gonna get fired."--probably the most unguarded statement ever made by Siler.

Jack: "Daniel said you should come along to make it work."

Daniel (right after Jack) : "Wait. I never said that. You're taking advantage of me."

Nicholas Ballard: "Yes."

Although I've never liked what seems to be a favorite scene: Jack making a fool of himself in the infirmary.

Seaboe
          Last edited by Seaboe Muffinchucker; 18 October 2011, 07:55 PM.
          If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

I agree, so many good lines in this one!

DANIEL: I am real, I'm not a hallucination!
            NICK: Hallucinations always say that.

The stories surrounding the crystal skull have always fascinated me from the first time I saw the one in the British Museum as a child. Even though it's subject to much speculation as to who made it, and the one said to be discovered in Belize, it's still astounding that something so precise and perfect was created from crystal. I'd like to believe that it was made by the Mayans.

So it would follow I would like Stargate's take on the crystal skull story.

Comment

Not a bad ep. Was good to get to know Daniels grandpa. The idea of the crystal skull was cool but reminded me of Indiana Jones this time.

I wish we knew what it is we learnt from the ghost giants.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lieutenant Sparrow View Post
                I wish we knew what it is we learnt from the ghost giants.
                This is one of the greater disappointments of the series; we are left without follow-up to stories that clearly have not ended. Just this season we've had:
                • The Orbonne, whose pace of technological advancement will soon place their abilities far beyond our own. We end the episode as friends but never again hear of them.
                • The bounty hunter, who could get his hands on cool tech for us and give us blood samples of his people, for research to make humans incompatible to goa'uld
                • Nyan, the Bedrosian, is hired as a research assistant and never again seen by us.
                • This episode's Nick & the Giant Aliens

Please don't mistake me. I love SG-1 and have watched the series an embarrassing number of times. Even things we love are flawed, and for me, these voids are a weakness. We don't need entire follow-up episodes. Sometimes just a reference would do. Other times, a brief appearance by a guest actor.

Comment

Well, a weekend episode, makes we wonder what's going to happen in February (when Season 7 is on tap).

I thought it was a filter episode.

The background in this scene doesn't look right to me
                  Spoiler:

So this is the last episode to be shot in 16mm, every episode after (until New Order, Part 1 (I think)) will be shot in 35mm.

Monday, the finale, the Asgard are back and need our help. And thus begins modern/good SG-1.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos View Post
                    Well, a weekend episode, makes we wonder what's going to happen in February (when Season 7 is on tap).

I thought it was a filter episode.

The background in this scene doesn't look right to me
                    Spoiler:
                    [IM]http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/albums/sg1_season3/321-CrystalSkull/screencaps/normal_sg1_321_0293.JPG[/IMG]

So this is the last episode to be shot in 16mm, every episode after (until New Order, Part 1 (I think)) will be shot in 35mm.

Monday, the finale, the Asgard are back and need our help. And thus begins modern/good SG-1.

You're a season too late
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Despite the horrible special effects this was a pretty good episode.
                      My favorite TV shows

sigpic

Comment

5pm and another ep of SG1...

1. Was a while since I watched this ep...so many things I forgotten.

2. Like Daniel initially being left behind.

3. And so many good lines from Teal'c - not often he was able to outdo Jack in the early seasons.

3. Of course you couldn't forget the "Grandpa" scene.

4. GIANT ALIEENS!

Solid standalone.
                        I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

"I am proud of you."

Isn't that what everyone wants to hear at some point in their life from someone they admire or respect? Daniel loses his connection to his team, but discovers through observation how highly Jack regards his abilities, how concerned Sam is for him and certainly, how close a friend Hammond thinks of him. And then he gains and loses the grandfather he never really had.

The comedic lines, especially involving Jack - dense Nintendos, Napolionic power mongers, Holy smoke, Bullwinkle!, and his unforgetable entanglement with a blanket and an infirmary floor make this a quick and most pleasurable ride. Though I never understood why Daniel had to throw off his vest before chasing Teal'c back to the 'gate from inside the cavern.

"Can you imagine what it feels like to go on the most incredible journey of your life and have no one believe you?"

Comment

Originally posted by dtheories View Post
                            Holy smoke, Bullwinkle!
                            It's Hokey smoke, Bullwinkle! (and if you listen closely, that is indeed what RDA says).

Seaboe
                            If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

"Napolionic power monger!" *giggle-snort*

Dr. Frasier -5' 2" armed with heels and needles. LOVE Teryl!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(love all the previous commentary on this ep)
                              sigpic
                              sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                              "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

My LiveJournal post
                                I wouldn't mind some Nintendoes passing over here.
                                "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                                "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                                "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                                "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                                >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Working...
                                X