Maternal Instinct (320)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dave2 View Post
    I am totally out of the loop........If Amenet was a goa'uld, why would she have the idea of protecting her harcissus child from her own "husband" Apophis???
    At the time Amenet thought Apophis was dead and she was being hunted by Sokar and other System Lords. She hid the boy on Kheb to protect him from the System Lords
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Maybe I'm forgetting something as well, because I still haven't figured out how the child got taken away from the woman that Shau're's father gave him to (Kasuuf sent them into hiding). Somewhere between that time and "Maternal Instinct" the baby got passed from the other woman to somebody else and then to the monastery on Kheb. Who took the baby away from the dead woman found by SG1 on their trek to the monastery on Kheb? Oma? Did Oma (or one of her co-ascendeds) throw lightning bolts at the guards around the woman and kill them? Who, then, killed the woman (who was apparently killed with a staff weapon)?

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
        Maybe I'm forgetting something as well, because I still haven't figured out how the child got taken away from the woman that Shau're's father gave him to (Kasuuf sent them into hiding).
        That happened during Forever and a Day; they don't specify how Amunet (however you choose to spell that) found the child.

Seaboe
        If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
          That happened during Forever and a Day; they don't specify how Amunet (however you choose to spell that) found the child.

Seaboe
          Yes. I knew some of it didn't happen in Maternal Instinct. I was just curious about how the child actually got to Kheb and wound up in the monastery. Would have been nice to have an explanation of that.

I also find it interesting that the child they found at Kheb looked to be about 6 months old or so, when it had been born in early Season 2 ("Secrets"), and was still way too young to even be walking well over a year later in "Maternal Instinct" (approx. 32 episodes later).

Comment

DANIEL!!! YOUR SHOES!!!
            Poor Daniel Jackson........such an incomparable genius but still a silly kid.........

Comment

It's an okay episode I gues.

Comment

All issues aside,i remmber way back watching this episode and aye it was cool to open up the whole Ascended being threadline. One thing is though,with all the hoo haa made over the importance of the Hersesis child then WHY did he fade to obscurity within the show.Surely in later seasons when they introduced a new enemy,ie the Ori,then surely they coulda first explored threads that were unexplored or unanswered to us fans? Personally the thought of a fully ascended Hersesis child rebelling from the Ancients and returning to be a bad ass Anubis type dude who could have restored the Goa'uld,you know i always thought as cool as the whole Ori thing was.It woulda been cool if they had followed up on the Hersesis child thing from back in season 3. I always like to dwell on threads that werent tied up though.My name The Mist refers to who i reckon the Knox or one of the other "#Races" could be.The crystal skull episode,the giant.I always kinda never forgot about "the mist" and how powerful or advanced they were that they musta had some significance.Alas,this too was never returned too ,but some things are best left to the fans imagination and appreciation.
                O'Neill: So, what's your impression of Alar?
                Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
                O'Neill: Like what?
                Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

haven't seen this one in a while. It was ok but... the Monk's dialogue, did they use one of those fridge magnet sets of words thing to write it?

Best part was when Bra'tac said "I think he wants us to take off our boots"

The whole Harcesis story line doesn't really bear any close scrutiny. And I found Daniel quite arrogant in this one, and Jack very forbearing for some reason (still feeling guilty about the whole Shades Of Grey thing I guess)

Still, Daniel and the Monk are very pretty to look at
                  In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Jack: "Daniel..."
                    Daniel: "Yeah..."
                    Jack: "Shoes!"

Oma Desala - ascended beings - cryptic monk - harsesis child - Apophis' jaffa ... what more could we wish for?

Aaron Douglas from BSG.
                    Bra'tac feeling like an 80-year old youth.
                    Carter doubting the abilities of the mind.
                    Jack's patience being tested.

I really enjoy watching this episode. Some really great moments between the team. Bra'tac's always nice to see. His interaction with the team is bound to be good. And more jaffa-butt being kicked... we can always appreciate that.
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

SHOES! Great.

Nice to watch when the baby tries to grab Jackson's shirt before he gives the little one to the ascended woman - cute and no stage direction.
                      CARPE DIEM
                      ANJA

Comment

I wonder who's kid that was?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                          I wonder who's kid that was?
                          Supposedly it was Shau're's child, even though this episode took place well over a year since the baby was born in early Season 2.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                            Supposedly it was Shau're's child, even though this episode took place well over a year since the baby was born in early Season 2.
                            I think he meant in the real world.
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              I think he meant in the real world.
                              If that's the case, it might have been the child of one of the production or other staff people involved with Stargate. Their children were occasionally used in some episodes. The younger Adria (the first time we saw her after she was born and had already started growing) was Robert Cooper's daughter in real life.

Comment

I like the ancients and the ascension storyline and all the threads this episode starts, but it was a forgettable episode for me. In fact I didn't really remember most of it until my rewatch. Maybe it's because Kheb just looks like someone's garden, it was quite unimpressive.. though I did appreciate the moongate at least, that was a nice, logical touch.

Comment

Working...
                                X