No announcement yet.

Maternal Instinct (320)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She killed the Jaffa to protect the child, and SG-1, if she was just protecting her home why would she stop the jaffa from killing Sg-1?

perhaps since she was already bending the rules she figured there was nothing to lose by bending them again.
    ever notice how only 1 out of 5 bad guy's have any sort of accuracy? and always seem to hit the extras?

MarkovForums

Comment

This was a good episode for background. Bits about the ancients and the child. Bra'tak getting a new lease of life and daniel getting a taste for ascending.
      I just didn't find it that exciting there wasn't much on SG1 or anybody else we care about, I get the feeling it was a bit like shaa're they just wanted to get rid of the boy as a storyline. It's not an episode I would go back to watch regularly. I did like the crispy jaffa though.

Comment

^you took the words right out of my mouth

Comment

I thought this one was a little boring the first time I saw it, and I was bummed out that Daniel wasn't able to keep his Jedi powers. I also felt that it was kind of a gyp that he left the baby behind.

However, after seeing Absolute Power and a couple other related ones, I really like it now. Usually I'm all about the action and the exotic environments, but knowing that this is the start of a plotline makes it decidedly more interesting. I don't know why Ascended aren't allowed to dabble in human affairs (I just finished season 5), but in Ascension (spoiler, highlight to read) Sam's stalker dude said that he was an outcast, like Oma. Maybe the rules don't apply to her because she's an outcast.

At any rate, the episode also seemed like a great insight into Daniel's character. His acceptance of other cultures is something we already know about, but it's not often that we get to see his spiritual side. He doesn't seem to belong to any specific religion, so it's more of a general acceptance that other people's beliefs might be true. It goes well with his respect for other cultures, and it's quite a contrast to the pragmatism of Jack and Sam.

It also rocked when the Jaffa got smitten...smote? Smited?

Comment

Great intro to the ancients!

Comment

This episode was a great introduction to the ancients showing not only a gentle carm spirit to them but also how powerful they really are.
              Sure the child was a little to white but I dont care about the skin colour.
              The monk was classic it was a shame he died at the end but then again he ascended therefore he was ok (this is really confusing ).
              Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

a little blue-eyed white baby from an ancient Egyptian father(black actor) and an Abydonian(character of arab descent, actress of polynesian descent) mother? hmm... he looked more like daniel's kid - with Carter. even more annoying than the mixed kid they got to play Ry'ac.

Comment

Originally posted by Jump237
                  a little blue-eyed white baby from an ancient Egyptian father(black actor) and an Abydonian(character of arab descent, actress of polynesian descent) mother? hmm... he looked more like daniel's kid - with Carter. even more annoying than the mixed kid they got to play Ry'ac.
                  Good point. I never thought of that. That doesn't make a lick of sense. I don't agree with you on the kid playing Ry'ac being annoying but you are certainly right on the first part.

timdalton007

Comment

Does anyone remember the monk saying something (cryptic) along the lines of:

"A snowflake cannot survive in a rain of fire." (or something like that)?

Seems to me that he might have (unknowingly) been reffering to Atlantis, considering it is designed like one...possibly an Ancient cryptic-refference to the first Seige on Atlantis by the Wraith, when the Ancients returned to Earth for good?
                    "Those who listen the most experience the least."

Comment

I think that it is possible but probably just saying something simmilar to "not a snowballs chance in hell".
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake
                        I think that it is possible but probably just saying something simmilar to "not a snowballs chance in hell".
                        Probably. Still, we all know the writers...

Comment

meaning?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake
                            meaning?
                            Meaning that they're likely to do whatever suits them. I would hope that they would try to connect these older episodes with the newer ones...at least to try and keep from being like Star Trek's TOS.

Comment

I dont know if we will ever know for sure probably not.
                              sigpic

Comment

probely not

Comment

Working...
                                X