Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol just lets keep going lol that is funny and it should be pooe

Comment

I've just seen this episode for the first time. I don't rate it as a favourite, out of the ones I'd seen so far, but it had some good things.

I'm not into 'thunking' characters, but I always think it's good to see Teal'c show a more vulnerable side. Sometimes, it seems that his symbiote will save him from absolutley everything; it's nice to see him be more 'human'. Some great acting from CJ too.
      sigpic
      Please don't laugh, this is one of my first attempts at a banner.

Comment

I'm disappointed that this planet has never been revisited. They've been cut off from outside interference, their internal wars have sped their tech development to a high and unique level. I expect the Optricans at least, would make valuable allies.

ref season 8:
        Spoiler:
        By the end of s8, it appears that with our alien help, we have superior ships and tech, so could go and pay them a visit by ship. Beam in and out etc. Eventually those Bedrosians have to admit they're wrong.

Comment

I would also like to know why the Gou'ald never got there by ship...They know of the planet as it was them who seaded it, and so why did they never go back?

Comment

We can guess it may have been a similar story to earth. The humans uprising and burying the gate. Then, perhaps without our dark ages, they advanced further than us in the same amount of time.

On both their world and ours, I would have expected the nearest system lord to come along and destroy the troublesome humans.

Comment

Disc 5 of the S3 DVD set is one of the best. I love each episode on it, including this one. And I am not sure exactly why (probably the Danny whump). I liked Nyan, and yes I wish he had reappeared in a later ep, but I understand you can't bring back EVERY guest character people like or you would be spending all your time (and money) on that! I enjoyed every scene in those cages. I thought O'Neill's response to the questions were hilarious and made even funnier by intercutting them with Sam's technical, and Daniel's cultural responses. Very clever idea there. The Stargate in the rock was neat, too.

Yep, this whole disc with New Ground, Shades of Grey, Maternal Instinct, Crystal Skull, and Nemesis is one that makes me cry that it was put out before they started doing commentaries.

Comment

Originally posted by First View Post
                We can guess it may have been a similar story to earth. The humans uprising and burying the gate. Then, perhaps without our dark ages, they advanced further than us in the same amount of time.

On both their world and ours, I would have expected the nearest system lord to come along and destroy the troublesome humans.
                Maybe the mines dried up, so the Goa'uld, just abandoned them. Like they have done on so many other planets.

Also the Gate was not Buried by them, but "lost" in a time of large amounts of Volcanic and Earthquake activities, which may also explain why the Goa'uld left.

I do always enjoy this little stand alone story, has alot of nice lements and is good for Teal'c screentime. Loved the CGI Bat creatures and the ships. Sad we never saw that guy they brought back again. I bet the actor was like "WTF? What happened to my Character?", Although the actor did reappear in Atlantis, only 2 die

Also speaking of Atlantis, Rewatch this episode and look at the human aliens Staff gun designs. Then watch Atlantis and look at the Wraiths newer Brown 2 handed Wraith Stunner Guns. Prop reuse and repaint?

LOL

All I could think about when I was rewatching this episode 2day was whether or not they are the same props?
                sigpic
                Banner Made By Me for Me
                The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

This was an ok episode, but the premise was kind of shaky. I thought it was odd that SG-1 went to the planet without asking a few more questions. I understand that they brought the reactor to replace the DHD. Though you would think, in a sittuation where you would have to use a reactor to power the Stargate you would make sure that there weren't any Goa'uld or other types of enemies on the planet. I suppose they learn something new every time they step through the Stargate...

If you look carefully you will see that in the beginning there wasn't just Mallin and Nyan, there was a third person. If you will look at the left side of this image you can see the third person.

Spoiler:
                  sigpic

Comment

I thought it was funny that a race called the Bedrosians sent their army out in PJs.

My Rating: 2/10

Full Review: http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/2...ew-ground.html
                    My attempt to watch every episode of SG-1 and Atlantis this summer:
                    http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/

Comment

I really really hate Rygar's close-mindedness. I was waiting for someone to shoot him and end his miserable existence.

Comment

Good episode with lot's of action. I was hoping to see some of the Optricans but no. I wonder if we ever hear about them again. And yes Rygar was super-annoying.

Comment

Watched this one lastnite.

Could take it or leave it really...

Comment

teal'c being blind was such an amazing part of the episode it added to the excitement

Comment

the cages were a good touch to the episode. Teal'c losing his eyesight was another good aspect of this episode.
                              Some say that he has only one ear.
                              And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
                              All we know is he's called
                              sigpic

Comment

What would happen if someone gated to our planet and told us we were descendants of slaves that had been brought here from their planet? I would assume that the "ring of the ancestors" or whatever it is they called it, would be found in Africa or the Middle East (just my opinion, cradle of civilization and all that). Given the potential political climate of the area, I'm sure the military reaction would be as harsh as in this episode, probably more so.

I liked that Daniel gets an assistant! Yay! And I'm convinced that Teal'c has a thing for Janet as he's spent an awful lot of time in the infirmary this season.

Comment

Working...
                                X