New Ground (319)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Britta View Post
    He dialed the address using the DHD, which was in a hole that had just been excavated.
    Of course, silly me.

It was a couple of days since I' seen it and I'd watched a few this week so they all got mixed up. Plus, my primary question was about dialling home in the original movie so I'd confused myself.

I think I should ease up on how many I watch in a week.

Comment

Originally posted by I Am Not James Spader View Post
      I think I should ease up on how many I watch in a week.
      Why? Just write your comments faster.

Seaboe
      If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
        Why? Just write your comments faster.

Seaboe
        I meant that I'm watching too many and getting the minor details jumbled.

To be honest, as much as I'm enjoying the show, it is becoming an effort to watch one day and fit that in with other shows I watch and, more importantly, real life. - plus I think I was trying to get through a quota a week to get me Atlantis as soon as possible in the event they are both removed from Netflix at some point.

I've had a few days break and realised I'll enjoy SG-1 more if I slow down a bit and just hope it stays on Netflix for good while yet.

Comment

Oh, I hear you on that one. I've been binge watching Numb3rs myself, for much the same reason.

Seaboe
          If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Oh, I hear you on that one. I've been binge watching Numb3rs myself, for much the same reason.

Seaboe
            There is quite a lot on Netflix that I want to see but I worry that they'll expire and I don't like to binge watch except on very rare occasions.

And Netflix are terrible for spoilers. The images they use can't be avoided and are nearly always from the ends of episodes and obviously so even before watching. The episode 12 thumbnail for for Daredevil is clearly from the last few minutes and an obvious major spoiler.

Comment

AFAI concerned, there is no such thing as a spoiler. You could recite the entire script to me before I watched something and I'd still enjoy it. I also don't pay that much attention to the images Netflix uses, so they rarely reveal anything to me.

ETA: this is not to say that I don't sympathize with those who hate spoilers; just that I don't notice them on Netflix or elsewhere.

Seaboe

Comment

Seaboe
                I really hated it when they cancelled Numbers.. I loved that show.

Comment

I thought that toward the end it seemed clear they were running out of ideas. They started putting Charlie and Amita in costumes for the explanations, among other things.

And as much as I liked Larry, by the end of the run he was a distraction, not an asset. I really wish they hadn't lost Megan Reeves.

(Sorry for the hijack, I'll be good, now).

Seaboe

Comment

I thought that toward the end it seemed clear they were running out of ideas. They started putting Charlie and Amita in costumes for the explanations, among other things.

And as much as I liked Larry, by the end of the run he was a distraction, not an asset. I really wish they hadn't lost Megan Reeves.

(Sorry for the hijack, I'll be good, now).

Seaboe
                    Strange. Since Law and order lasted what, 20 seasons, CSI 14, L&O SVU 15....

Comment

Liked this one, also would have liked to hear about Nyan again. Watching this ep I always think this could be the situation if aliens came to Earth - I don't know why. Just a thought.
                      CARPE DIEM
                      ANJA

Comment

Other than Nyan and Teal'c, I don't really enjoy rewatching this episode. The "angry government that doesn't believe in the Stargate" theme gets tiresome quickly due to the lack of interesting dialogue/interaction between the Tau'ri and the Bedrosians... other than grunts of course, cavemen with energy weapons.

Comment

IMO, this wasn't an "angry government" episode, this was a single fanatic episode and I thought they did a very good job depicting how fanatics think and act.

Seaboe

Comment

IMO, this wasn't an "angry government" episode, this was a single fanatic episode and I thought they did a very good job depicting how fanatics think and act.

Seaboe
                            Well they all seemed in line with him regardless. It would of been interesting if the female Bedrosian character (who obviously had doubts) actually did something, perhaps with Nyan. But as it is, I felt the story ended pretty weakly. It kind of reminded me of a really average Star Trek episode for some reason. I don't usually get that feeling from Stargate

Comment

Well, there was action, torture, powerful weapons and good and bad guys - at least very entertaining.
                              CARPE DIEM
                              ANJA

Comment

This episode certainly left things hanging. It would be interesting to know if the Bedrosians reburied the gate. Too bad we never see Nyan again.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X