No announcement yet.

Shades of Grey (318)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the deception... for a while you think jack goes nuts.

Comment

The way jack kept the worm hole open was interesting.

Comment

Anybody wonder about Hammond's statement to Jack that he can retire but not come back? Seems to me he could gate to the alpha site and then home for his dental checkups.
        Causality should not be taken lightly.

Comment

Originally posted by Selmak
          The way jack kept the worm hole open was interesting.
          You know his arm was still in the naquadah that's why he could keep it open i think eh do not know for sure
          your friendly neighbourhood

Spiderman

Comment

Originally posted by Livi2Jack
            Anybody wonder about Hammond's statement to Jack that he can retire but not come back? Seems to me he could gate to the alpha site and then home for his dental checkups.
            Well again this depends on whether the Alpha Site has an iris. Even if it doesn't he's not likely to be welcome at the top secret, don't dial this number unless you really, really mean it alpha site.
            Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
            - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Gotta say, I love this episode!!!!!!!!!!!

Jack is my favourite character, and although I can put up with Dumb Jack, I prefer Smart Jack and Black Ops Jack anyday.

Episodes that deal with Jack's time in Special Ops are great, becasue I feel that they give us a glimpse of the real Jack O'Neill, Not the dumb masquerade we normally get week after week.

Loved the whole stealing thing and everything else.

7 out of 9 Chevrons.
              sigpic
              Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Anyone think of the black ops team as Evil SG-1?

I loved the whole "I'll leave the door open for you" as well as the Jack/Daniel banter at the end. Priceless.

Comment

This is my favorite episode. Everything just clicked for me when I saw it for the first time; direction, acting, writing, and that has never changed. Loved the Jack/Mayborne banter and the ending was great. I keep thinking I will pick another episode as my favorite, but so far it has not happened. Right now, though, I am not happy I cannot watch it for another four hours.

Who invented this working for a living thing anyway?
                  sigpic

Comment

Another good episode. When Jack flipped out in the beginning and stole the Tolen (sp?) device, I was like "WTF is he doing?!" When they were in the briefing room and nobody wanted to say anything about what Jack did, I just wanted to shout out "The thieving *&%$*#* stole it!"

Fantastic fake-out. Of course, all the character moments are completely useless now... (*sighs*) Oh well, it was still pretty cool.

Comment

This is about the only Maybourn epi that I like. The guy just annoys me. I think it is his teeth. Anyway.
                      Did you think Jack would have chess board prominently displayed in his living room that he'd sit on his deck and listen to opera?

Comment

The opera I did find a little strange...

Comment

Originally posted by Slainey
                          This is about the only Maybourn epi that I like. The guy just annoys me. I think it is his teeth. Anyway.
                          Did you think Jack would have chess board prominently displayed in his living room that he'd sit on his deck and listen to opera?
                          Chess is a fantastic tactical game, although if I really think about it I'd reckon that Go would be better for Jack. Lots of people play chess - even I did for a while - often against someone at the other end of a phone line or computer.

As for Opera... that suits Jack perfectly. Especially the overly melodramatic stuff. Probably, I think we have discussed this before, he's got a lot of Led Zep, ZZ Top and stuff of that ilk too.

Or maybe not.

As for the ep: it's still one of my favourites. I love to see the dirty side of what the Stargate programme really is about.
                          In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Hey guys.. just watching this episode again and he's going another MacGyver favorite.

Jack is playing chess in this episode.

In the MacGyver show he would have flashbacks talking to his grandfather while they too were playing chess.

Comment

Did they say whatever happened to Makepeace? I kinda like the marines
                              Hitler, Stalin, and Mussolini => three of the world's worst dictators.

Also failed artist, failed priest, and failed grade-school teacher.

What we should learn: Don't trust artists, be wary of priests, and fear your teachers!

Comment

Originally posted by Slainey
                                I'm just the opposite and love all eps with Maybourne. Hes one of my favorite charachters. This ep was good on so many levels. My favorite from S3 so far.

I'm a little disapointed in Maypeace for working for the NID and getting caught. I liked him alot and wished he had stayed around for awhile.

Comment

Working...
                                X