No announcement yet.

Shades of Grey (318)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would have thought that they would wait longer than a week to see if Jack O Neill was really ready to help. I felt they should have followed him longer than that.
    no means no, and so does pepper spray
    Sig by The Carpenter
    sigpic

Comment

Maybe they were on a time table... who knows.

Comment

Not sure if this is where I should ask this... On the DVD, when you go to the episode menu, there is always a picture (relevant to the episode) beside the menu. For Shades of Grey, the picture is this.

It's usually obvious what the picture has to do with the episode (what scene it came from), but in this case I am stumped. Who is this guy and where does he appear in the episode, or what does he even have to do with it? Thanks!

Comment

Good question. So far as I'm aware, he's not in the episode.

Seaboe
          If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by sheaget View Post
            Not sure if this is where I should ask this... On the DVD, when you go to the episode menu, there is always a picture (relevant to the episode) beside the menu. For Shades of Grey, the picture is this.

It's usually obvious what the picture has to do with the episode (what scene it came from), but in this case I am stumped. Who is this guy and where does he appear in the episode, or what does he even have to do with it? Thanks!
            This picture is not from "Shades of Grey". It is most likely from "Touchstone" or even "Spirits", but it has absolutely nothing to do with "Shades of Grey". Whoever put the DVD pictures with episodes goofed up when posting that picture.

Comment

Thanks, Seaboe & hedwig. I had thought it was a mix-up, too, and checked out a few other episodes but never found the guy. I should have done more digging before I posted, I suppose. Turns out this guy is a Tiernod, which are the race of people that inhabit PX3-595 where Jack/Newman stole the Asgard invisibility device. I think it must have ended up a deleted scene, so we never got to actually see them in the episode. Ah well, mystery solved. Can sleep now. Thanks again.

Comment

ah the Sneaky Beaky episodes, how I love them. And <3 Harry Maybourne <3 I lurve him too.

Not a bad ep at all although I do wish they had built up a bit more of the alienated Jack for a few more eps before this.

I love how "Edgy" the rogue team is - with their black vests, midriff revealing gear and ripped off sleeves. Like a bunch of rebellious teenagers.

They did annoy me by going on their mission with no gear at all. That's not very military at all and made me Very Cross Indeed.
                In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Hello Maybourne, what have you been up to lately?

He started a new hobby -- collecting alien technology.

Not entirely sure about this one and Maybourne seemed to fall way too easily for Jack's sudden fall from grace.

It's always nice to see the Asgard, not so fond of the Tollan.

The way the three look at the end when Daniel confesses they drew straws and he lost.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Stargate Command likes to keep tabs on who goes and comes to the entire planet. SGC is part of the government after all. I feel this was their primary motivation for exposing the team not under their control, and not ethical standards. There are all these stargates out there, just like the Internet, that should be available to anyone, including to pirate stuff through.

But humans always travel from Earth throught he tightly controlled base, and always return to it. And the SGC will spend resouces to keep it this way. And the writers, part of the U.S., also write the government as a "necessary" power. Like when they went to bring back or kill (!) the Lieutenant in Atlantis. Same thing.

Humans would have been more resilient against threats if they had many bases (like a peer-to-peer network). Take for example the episode with the black hole. Sgt Boyd had no other option but to dial Earth, transmit the GDO code (which did have enough time to arrive), then wait for an ACK, which could not be decoded on their side. A much better choice, and safer to the Earth, would have been to go to another stargate.

If I had come from Earth, and was familiar with what the government can do, I would have always taken my chances against the Asgard. They might instantly "disintegrate" me with some advanced weapon or drop off onto a primitive planet, but hardly ever in prison.

Comment

I liked this episode, but it was so glaringly obvious from the first briefing that it was all an undercover job that the writers shouldn't have bothered with the cliche angle of pretending and maybe shown us Hammomd and O'Neill meeting covertly or something.

Still, it was good.

The lack "physical interaction" is starting to get annoying now - in previous seasons an SG-1 member would fall, have their head sucked into a computer or be impaled and the rest would stand around looking bemused or perplexed instead of running to help. In this episode, Jack punches the second in command and strolls to the Stargate and none of the dozen or so, very tough looking soldiers around him do anything to stop him or even react surprised.

Makes that that background soldier in URGO (the "who me" guy as Jack is shouting at the invisible Dom deLuise) kind of stand out as spectacular.

Comment

Loved it especially the last bit about 'picking straws'.
                        Nice appearance of Thor looking wise and worried - as far as a puppet can look that way.
                        CARPE DIEM
                        ANJA

Comment

Loved the exchange between Hammond and the team at the beginning after Jack stole the device. Even though Hammond was in on it, he played it so innocently that I couldn't help but laugh at how ridiculous it was. Obviously it's clear early on that it's a set up, but they did the right thing by not revealing it until the end.

Originally posted by Anja View Post
                          Loved it especially the last bit about 'picking straws'.
                          Nice appearance of Thor looking wise and worried - as far as a puppet can look that way.
                          He was worried? Looked like he didn't care either way IMO, "What the hell am I doing here?"

Comment

It's been a while since I last saw this episode, and I honestly didn't remember about the setup until the end. It was very well done.
                            sigpic

Comment

I'm wondering if they're really "picking straws", cause they were really annoyed by Jack, his behaviour, and nobody wanted to talk to him, or did they just pull his leg (after resolution) because they weren't involved in the plan?

Comment

Perhaps they had orders not to talk to him - so they let chance decide.
                                CARPE DIEM
                                ANJA

Comment

Working...
                                X