Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anja
    replied
    Thanks God we all enjoy different kinds of comedy - maybe Urgo is sth like German comedy.

Leave a comment:

• jelgate
    replied
    Originally posted by Anja View Post
    Maybe because this ep is so different , the fan is expecting some hostile aliens, grave danger or some fierce fight - and he/she gets comedy. It may take some time to like it.
    It has to be funny first or it falls flat. That is what is wrong with this episode. Its not funny

Leave a comment:

• Nirude
    replied
    Originally posted by Anja View Post
    Maybe because this ep is so different , the fan is expecting some hostile aliens, grave danger or some fierce fight - and he/she gets comedy. It may take some time to like it.
    I don't mind comedy in Stargate. That's one reason I like Atlantis a lot It just has to be the right type of comedy. Maybe this episode was more fun to make than to watch, I heard Christopher Judge had a good time on set.

Leave a comment:

• Anja
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Nirude
    replied
    Originally posted by garhkal View Post
    The first few times, it was funny. These days i skip urgo..
    On my most recent rewatch, I didn't laugh once I think. However, thinking about Jack singing "Row, row, row your boat" and his comment about not even knowing the words make me laugh now.. Just not when I was watching the actual episode for some reason. Strange

Leave a comment:

• garhkal
    replied
    The first few times, it was funny. These days i skip urgo..

Leave a comment:

• Anja
    replied
    Originally posted by Janet Fraiser View Post
    I'm not sure what I like more - Janet's face when she shows Jack the tape of him singing, Jack's reaction, or Urgo imitating Teal'c.

...God, I can't stop laughing.
    Same here!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Lunaeclipse
    replied
    Originally posted by polkadotfiend View Post
    One of my favourite episodes. I love how Urgo wound them all up and made them all appear insane. Makes me laugh everytime I watch it.
    Makes me laugh how it seemed to be by accident and intentional at exactly the same time.

Leave a comment:

• Sparky She-Demon
    replied
    Dom DeLuise was a scream!

Leave a comment:

• Janet Fraiser
    replied
    I'm not sure what I like more - Janet's face when she shows Jack the tape of him singing, Jack's reaction, or Urgo imitating Teal'c.

...God, I can't stop laughing.

Leave a comment:

• futurist
    replied
    I never can resist the awesome thrill of this ep!
    Too bad we never got to see Togar, the "as handsome as he is evil" man again. He had quite the technology there...
    He also spoke in that funnily grandiloquent way

Leave a comment:

• tNsRAoL
    replied
    One of the best episodes.

Leave a comment:

• avp60685
    replied
    This is a favorite episode of mine for several reasons:

1. To see the main characters of Daniel, Samantha Carter, Teal'c and Jack act as if nothing is really wrong but you can tell something is 'off' is hilarious.

2. The gulping down of the hot coffee bit by Teal'c and the reactions of his fellow teammates and General Hammond is hilarious to see how they are almost not blinking as they watch him.

3. The mess hall scene with the desserts on the table and how each one of the characters devours desserts before heading back to the briefing room and when Jack goes back to get another piece of pie before leaving it is so funny to watch.

4. The singing bit between the four characters is hilarious to see and listen to, I keep singing along with them especially Daniel because he does have a nice singing voice, it was the second time I had heard him sing, the first time was in an episode of "Saving Hope" he has a really nice voice if you listen carefully.

5. Dom DeLuise's scenes in the medical room where the four main ones see him yet Janet does not has me smiling throughout the scene.

6. The beginning where SG-1 returns through the gate and have a puzzled look on their face when they see that they are surrounded by guns and Hammond is looking at them from the control room and Daniel, Jack, Samantha and even Teal'c have puzzled expressions on their faces like "Huh?"

7. The bit where the team is put into confinement and Urgo first reveals himself to the team and the guard outside the room has no clue as to what is happening and when they greet Urgo and they all say "Hello Urgo" at the same time and he grins and laughs like a giddy school kid like "Yay I did it!"

Leave a comment:

• j7n
    replied
    I usually deeply dislike humour on screen and in video games, and occasionally get negative reception on the Internet about this as if sense of humour was my fault. But this episode was an exception. I liked "Urgo" and was looking forward to watch it again. I suspect it is because the team and General Hammond remained true to their character and never participated in the jokes.

In hardly any other case would I be glad for the team to be arrested or their state of mind questioned. But here it was necessary. I suppose it was good that they didn't bring in the crazy doctor McKenzy to keep the color of the story brighter.

My favorite scene is the description of the defibrillator, where Urgo applied language in such an unusual way – I haven't heard before about the device actively defibrillating. Any person or child could have asked those questions.

The ending could have been different and less patronizing, when the people placing demands aren't actually paying or sacrificing anything towards that goal.

Leave a comment:

• Girlbot
    replied
    This episode laways makes me happy to watch. Dom DeLuise"s laugh is infectious.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X