• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HelloVelo View Post
    Do you think Sam kept Schrodinger?

My Rating: 7/10

Full Review: http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/2.../pretense.html
    No, I don't think she kept the cat she probably gave it back.
    sigpic

Comment

Lots of things I liked in this episode.

The triad. I love the arguments made by all the parties involved.

The goa'uld getting their pounded by the Tollan ion cannons. I love space battles and exploding motherships.

Skaara. So happy that he's free!

Lya. I always love seeing the Nox.

Tollan's planet and their tech. Ion cannons. The Tollans are so advanced they can construct their own stargate. Wow. Are they almost the same level as the Ancients? Will they be the 5th race?

Zippy and his wacky costume and make-up. This is one goa'uld that really annoys me.

Comment

Originally posted by L E E View Post
        Skaara. So happy that he's free!
        Perhaps the only flaw of this episode (and it's a minor one) is that at the end when Skaara is freed, he doesn't salute Jack. That would have been perfect.
        sigpic
        Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

This was a good episode I loved seeing Skaara saved, & seeing the Nox aren't beyond helping when they can This episode did leave me with the impression that the Tollan just made the Goa'ulds "to do" list though

Comment

Awesome episode, the special effects were really cool. I simply love the opening sequences.

Good to see Skaara not his body back. The Goa'uld certainly did have some good arguments in the trial.

You could see how the Tollan's arrogance could very well eventually be there undoing.

Great episode.

Stargate SG-1 Re-Watch: Season 1, 2, 3

Comment

Originally posted by Ascendant View Post
              Best.
              Opening sequence.
              Ever.
              Ohmygosh.
              Totally agree. So cool how the ion cannons come up from several different places on Tollana and converge on each mothership. And then later how the camera follows the projectile up to the mothership. The final explosion was kind of a let-down, though. You can totally tell they just ran out of money and blew up a model in a studio.

You really see how ignorant the Tollen are when the citizens just walk up to a crashed deathglider like that with no weapons.

Comment

Great episode! Awesome opening i agree. It was great to see Lya again, she's soooo cute! ...It was also nice to see Tollan's again, and especially their planet. I wonder what Skaa'ra is up to now? he's probably going to live with the people of Abydoss again?

Comment

How did the cat get past the iris? Narim was wearing the phasing device, the cat wasn't.

Did he hold on to a few spare hairs on the cat's tail?

Comment

Originally posted by ZoSo View Post
                    Totally agree. So cool how the ion cannons come up from several different places on Tollana and converge on each mothership. And then later how the camera follows the projectile up to the mothership. The final explosion was kind of a let-down, though. You can totally tell they just ran out of money and blew up a model in a studio.

You really see how ignorant the Tollen are when the citizens just walk up to a crashed deathglider like that with no weapons.
                    i've read somewhere about complacency being a death of civilizations or something to this effect. and i think its true. at least in tollan's case.

Comment

Originally posted by Lisbet View Post
                      How did the cat get past the iris? Narim was wearing the phasing device, the cat wasn't.

Did he hold on to a few spare hairs on the cat's tail?
                      ha...maybe he (Narim) extended the effects of the device to form a sub space bubble around the cat creating a dilation effect several times the magnitude of a normal temporal loop which help transfer him the cat through the wormhole unharmed by the iris...or maybe the iris has a small doggie or cat door for pets

Comment

I liked this episode , especially because we see both Skaara and Lya in this one.

Teal'c and Lya saved the planet and I loved the Ion cannons .
                        I wish the arrogant Tollans would give their technology to Jack.

I think the writers forgot Daniels friendship with Skaara....

Rating : 7 / 10

Comment

I think the writers forgot Daniels friendship with Skaara....
                          Agreed. It was very odd that Skaara just walked by Daniel, his friend and brother in law, who had acted as his archon, to greet Jack. The only reason for it that I can think of, is that they wanted to end the episode on an upnote. Daniel and Skaara would certainly have talked about Sha're, meaning that Daniel would have had to tell him that she was dead, and there goes the happy ending.

Comment

this was a great episode and i agree if they were going for a happy ending jack and Skaara would have been the better way to go
                            sigpic

Comment

the nox did something useful *shock horror* love that episode

Comment

I love this episode. It would be made even better if at the end, Skaara saluted Jack... Oh, well.
                                sigpic
                                Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Working...
                                X