No announcement yet.

Foothold (314)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good episode. I liked how Teal'c eliminated the guards until they took him out with the gas. Also the Sam-Maybourne interaction was pretty good, and also funny.

Comment

Originally posted by pritnep View Post
      Although initially Teal'c should of grabbed more Zats instead of giving a pistol to Sam since at that point we didn't know if everyone was an alien or only some or if they were under some kind of control.
      Well, she would have had to leave the Zat with him before leaving the SGC, so it probably made more sense to them to give her a gun she could use the whole episode.

Comment

Originally posted by BeccaBeez View Post
        I liked this episode, especially the Sam-Maybourne interaction. The complete infiltration of SGC... a slight stretch in my opinion, but hey - this is Sci Fi.
        How's it a stretch? Once the aliens replaced Hammond they had free reign in the SGC.

Comment

Originally posted by pritnep View Post
          Although initially Teal'c should of grabbed more Zats instead of giving a pistol to Sam since at that point we didn't know if everyone was an alien or only some or if they were under some kind of control.
          I thought so too.

Comment

Originally posted by VSS View Post
            Really, they should make them all sit it out for 24 hours at the Alpha Site or somewhere similar, as they decided to do with the Midway facility in Atlantis.
            And Dr. Lee should never have been allowed to bring home any plants.

I actually liked it when Sam shot Jack (although she knew he was an alien). I bet there's been more than one time she wished she could have done that, and I bet Daniel was jealous that she got to. You know, a little catharsis every now and then is a good thing.
            I agree with the idea of making teams sit it out for 24 hours at the Alpha site, but it was still early in the series and their experiences, so maybe it hadn't occurred to anyone yet. Does anyone recall when the first Alpha site was set up? And the same idea with bringing home any alien plants. Anything like that should have a waiting period off-earth before being deemed ok to be brought to earth.

Totally love your comments at Sam shooting Jack (or his alien duplicate). I sooo agree with that (as much as I like Jack's character, I'm totally surprised that Sam or Daniel hasn't done something of that sort - though Daniel could get away with it more than Sam could - him being not military.)

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
              Does anyone recall when the first Alpha site was set up?
              I believe towards the end of season 1 as that's when it first had importance for the plot.

I agree that in the real world there would have to be a 24 hour quarantine each time a team comes back from another planet, although for the show this practice would become very tedious.

On the other hand, if the quarantine was on another planet the 4 aliens that replaced SG-6 would have a better chance of success first replacing the small outpost before working on replacing everyone in the SGC. Also, since the aliens impersonating SG-6 were pretending to be injured Fraiser and other doctors would have likely been sent to the quarantine outpost to assist whatever doctors might already be stationed there. With a dozen or more aliens impersonating SGC personnel their chances for success would be greatly increased (if shifts at the outpost were on rotation all the aliens would be brought to the SGC, the aliens impersonating SG-6 laying low and fulfilling their SGC duties until the other aliens come through the gate, at which point they start replacing people). Then once General Hammond was replaced the aliens would have free reign in the SGC and would have an easier time replacing the remaining human personnel.

Comment

I loved this episode! Great story, very funny, good to see Teal'c and Carter working so well together, and of course; excellent scene with Maybourne and Sam, when maybe-alien-Daniel and maybe-alien-O'Neill showed up.

I love all the main characters, but I prefer Teal'c-centered and Carter-centered episodes to focus on the character's interaction with other team members. So far I'm not so fond of the episodes where they take Teal'c away from the team to focus the story on him (the Jaffa-stuff), and ditto for Carter (the Jolinar-stuff). It's the interaction between the main characters that makes the character-stuff interesting for me.

So, yes. This was very good and clearly a new favorite.

Comment

So, the aliens talk about the Goa'uld being a dominant parasite "in this galaxy", but the gate address is a P3X address. Thoughts?

My favorite parts? Sam in full-on butt-kicking mode, Teal'c attempting to defend the SGC single handed, and MS playing 3 parts in one episode (Daniel, evil alien, and Sam), and managing to make each part unique. Bravo Mr. Shanks!

Comment

lol this is deferentially my fave episode
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by amconway View Post
                      So, the aliens talk about the Goa'uld being a dominant parasite "in this galaxy", but the gate address is a P3X address. Thoughts?
                      Pretty straightforward. Footholders went from their galaxy to P3X whatever and used it as their Milky Way base, stumbled accross an SG team and went from there.
                      I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

hmm i never though thought of that
                        sigpic

Comment

I just loved this episode !!

One of the best episodes with Sam !
                          It was really cool with the aliens and the mimic devices .

Rating 9 / 10

Comment

this is one of my fave episodes and one i must see again
                            sigpic

Comment

teal'c just owns the hell out of everybody, he just doesn't change his facial expression at all and cleans them out in one swift movement, amazing

Comment

Great episode, I love the espionage paranoia type episodes, I liked when they tried to convince Teal'c, it was like who are they fooling? But they did a better job convincing Carter.

I have nothing 'bad' to say about this episode. It rocked.

Comment

Working...
                                X