Foothold (314)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SilverRider
    I don't think they will ever explore those alien storyline again Jake.
    Yes unfortunately you are probably correct, but they sure would be fun to see again.
    sigpic

Comment

Indeed it would be fun to see, but since it been years...soo......

Comment

Never know.

Maybe they piloted the ship in grace??
        sigpic

Comment

yeah we never worked out who was shooting the promethius in grace might of been some one else though

Comment

I was always hoping to see these aliens again. They were so cool. Too bad that wont happen. Actually, thinking about it, they may just appear in Atlantis one day. Think about it, they said when they where using the holographic camoflauge devices that the Goa'uld were the dominant species in the Milky Way galaxy, implying that these unknown aliens originated from a different galaxy and as far as we know, the only other galaxies with stargate networks are the Pegasus and Ida galaxies. Or they could've been the furlings gone bad. Either way, im just speculating.
            Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

You may be right Billz. It seems they are from a different galaxy, considering what they said about the Goa'uld. Who knows, maybe there are more galaxies with gate networks? This a one of my favorite episodes over the years. I truly hope we could see these aliens someday again. Perhaps in the next spin-off or perhaps they one day make it to the Pegasus galaxy. But I guess we won't see them again.

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake View Post
                Maybe they piloted the ship in grace??
                Actually, that's not stupid! The ship in Grace didn't respond because they can't talk english!
                Maybe they had a sort of translator and understood Carter, but she didn't understand them, (the communication device didn't even recognize their voice/noise as speach)...

Originally posted by Billz
                they could've been the furlings gone bad
                why not? haha

Comment

Awesome Carter episode. Amanda Tapping RULES. It was mentioned earlier in this thread that Amanda came up with the best line - "You're an idiot every day of the week..." That is *soooo* cool.
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

I just hope Maybourne wasn't mean-spirited enough to make an issue of that once the crisis was over.

"Excuse me Major Carter, now that the deadly threat to humankind has been neutralised - largely thanks to you, there is just the small matter of your describing a Senior Officer as a perpetual moron. Care to discuss that?"

Mind you, that would be an interesting case to present to a Disciplinary Panel!

"She called me an idiot because I wouldn't believe Earth was under attack by a hostile Alien Race."

Hmm...
                    sigpic

Comment

What ever happened to them? I mean, don't we have where they went in the base computer? We could find them if we wanted.
                      Jack (Addressing Teal'c): You're so.....shallow!
                      Daniel: Oh please, Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know, I mean, he's so deep! Come on, tell them how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
                      Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this converstation.
                      Daniel: OH! You see!?
                      Jack: No more beer for you.

Bring back SG-1 on SciFi, or the terrorists win.

Comment

Yep. Expensive costumes lead to few appearances.

........By Day............By Night........

Comment

i was watching the episode smoke and mirriors and they said they tried to make their own copies and they could only get the hologram to operate for only six minutes,i was thinking that maybe that is why the aliens in this episode kept the humans around hanging from the cieling. maybe the person has to be alive to make it work indefinently

Comment

Just seen this episode for the first time, and really enjoyed it. I love the way the audience gets caught up in Sam's confusion as they try to persuade her she's hallucinating. That line "you're an idiot everyday of the week..." is priceless; I bet we've all wanted to shout that at our superiors at one time or another. Some fab acting again from AT.

Did anyone else feel that something wasn't right as soon as SG1 met 'alien' Hammond, when they returned through the stargate at the very beginning? I immediately felt that something was amiss.

I can't make up my mind about the treatment of the aliens. It's a shame they weren't developed further, as it looks like they could have provided an interesting enemy but, on the other hand, it's good to keep some questions unanswered, it builds suspense and gets people thinking about the possibilities.
                            sigpic
                            Please don't laugh, this is one of my first attempts at a banner.

Comment

Yes, it's a shame we never saw them again.

I laughed when the real Jack was posing as the alien Jack and (speaking in a monotone voice) got Teal'c out of his cell, by casually zatting the guards.

It seems logical that they aren't from our galaxy, or are only limited to an isolated pocket of our galaxy, as they seem to have no knowledge of the gou'ald. Their mimic devices didn't work on Teal'c or Sam.

Comment

Originally posted by First View Post
                                It seems logical that they aren't from our galaxy, or are only limited to an isolated pocket of our galaxy, as they seem to have no knowledge of the gou'ald. Their mimic devices didn't work on Teal'c or Sam.
                                It's quite scary to think there's an aggressive race which seems to know about us (admittedly except for the gou'ald aspect) when we know nothing about them.
                                sigpic
                                Please don't laugh, this is one of my first attempts at a banner.

Comment

Working...
                                X