No announcement yet.

Foothold (314)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone pointed out to me that the foothold aliens were kind of like cochroaches.

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
    "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
    a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

Good fun! Sam takes the lead nicely here, and the concept plays out through the episode very well. Lots of funny dialogue, the aliens themselves are a bit cheap looking. Their technology looks a bit silly as well. Maybourne comes off well, despite acting like an idiot as usual.

- Jack gets one of his best lines of the entire show so far with: "Just jam it in there this time!"

- The alien impersonating Hammond is a bit stupid. He finds Carter, disables her then runs away when he is called to the control room instead of dealing with her. He could have averted disaster.

- Don't like Major Davis and his scream. It's cringeworthy.

- I wonder what the alien said at the end before self-destructing.

RATING: 8 out of 10
      Private guitar tuition | Return To Grace - rock/pop party band

Comment

Originally posted by LeftHandedGuitarist View Post
        Good fun! Sam takes the lead nicely here, and the concept plays out through the episode very well. Lots of funny dialogue, the aliens themselves are a bit cheap looking. Their technology looks a bit silly as well. Maybourne comes off well, despite acting like an idiot as usual.

- Jack gets one of his best lines of the entire show so far with: "Just jam it in there this time!"

- The alien impersonating Hammond is a bit stupid. He finds Carter, disables her then runs away when he is called to the control room instead of dealing with her. He could have averted disaster.

- Don't like Major Davis and his scream. It's cringeworthy.

- I wonder what the alien said at the end before self-destructing.

RATING: 8 out of 10
        Sam gets the very best line of the episode:

"Maybourne, you're an idiot every day of the week! Why couldn't you have taken just one day off!" Yay Sam!

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
          Sam gets the very best line of the episode:

"Maybourne, you're an idiot every day of the week! Why couldn't you have taken just one day off!" Yay Sam!
          Agreed! One of SG-1's memorable lines!!!

Liked this episode for bringing us one of the more 'alien' aliens, and they didn't speak English in their actual form!!!! The mimic devices were a great idea, wonder how many worlds they've invaded, and what were they after? A mystery never revealed.

Jack and Major Davis with Doc Fraser when they were trying to convince themselves that she was an alien when they had to search for the mimic device on her chest, was funny. Especially when the alien turned into itself and they were holding it and dropped it like a hot potato!

Always thought it was creepy seeing all the SG personnel hanging from the ceiling held in those devices that looked like intestines!! The 'squelchy' sound effects didn't help either. I guess this emphasized the alien-ness of the whole situation and worked well.

This episode was a welcome break from SG-1 and the SGC having things going their way. It was a good wake up call in that they could still be caught out.

Comment

Here's where the real world intrudes for me: the chemical spilled is TCE. That's a degreaser. What the heck do they need a degreaser for within the SGC? It interferes with my suspension of disbelief every time.

I generally like this episode, but it isn't one I rewatch often.

ETA: the beginning of the redemption of Harry Maybourne (not without some backsliding, of course).

Seaboe
            Last edited by Seaboe Muffinchucker; 15 October 2011, 07:12 PM.
            If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
              Here's where the real world intrudes for me: the chemical spilled is TCE. That's a degreaser. What the heck do they need a degreaser for within the SGC?
              LOL! I never thought twice about whatever the substance was. That's too funny! I did notice they had a fast acting sedative. :-)

I remember the first time I watched this ep and the sense that something wasn't right...folks just weren't acting to form. First General Hammond, and then the way Daniel kinda looks at him and around the 'gate room when they're asked to go directly to the infirmary really should make hairs stand on end. Familiar characters - in the elevator and Siler - were really good props to make us less suspecting.

Terrific What if? storyline. The Iguana/Turtle people seeking a new homeworld were just too, too, though the technology they bring, as we see later, has extraordinary implications.

RIP SG-6.

Comment

An interesting ep. Sam did some great work. Aliens looked pretty average. Maybourne was his usual stupid self.
                sigpic

Comment

Enjoyable episode, though I wish the aliens had appeared in later episodes.

Comment

My LiveJournal post
                    I kinda feel bad about calling Maybourne a rat in my write up for Bane now. He's more of the good guy in this ep that he claimed to be in Bane.
                    "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                    "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                    "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                    "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                    >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Great episode. I'm sorry we never got to see these aliens again.

Is it me, or did Sam find it easier to shoot alien Jack than alien Hammond? She gave Hammond time to hit her!
                      Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

I liked this episode, haven't seen it, so I kind of forgot how SG-1 would get out of this one.

So for once, Maybourne actually worked with us.

This is Andy Mikita's first SG-1 episode he's directed. He did a good job.

Tomorrow, the journey continues with the return of Skaara as he is put on trial by the Tollan.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mathpiglet View Post
                          Is it me, or did Sam find it easier to shoot alien Jack than alien Hammond? She gave Hammond time to hit her!
                          She had her gun in her hand when she shot Jack, versus her gun on her work bench during the confrontation with Hammond. Since she didn't have to grab the gun I think yes, Sam did find it easier to shoot Jack

Seaboe
                          If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

5pm and another ep of SG1...

1. This won't hurt a bit...untill you're all knocked out.

2. Teal'c vs the SGC...nice...

3. "Maybourne you are an idiot every day of the week..." still makes me smile.

4. Still Maybourne did go on to be a solid ally in this ep though...
                            Spoiler:
                            we later see what he's been up to in Shades of Grey

Nice stuff.
                            I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Another one of SG1s forgetten episodes. This is so disappointing because I just love Foothold. Its a big action episode especially for Sam. An element we quite frankly don't see her in that often. So I like seeing her outsmart these mimic aliens not to mention the part where Tealc beats up Siler. Its interesting to note how easily the Foothold aliens were able to take over the SGC. I would have been interested to see how that happened. Sure we got a minor explanation at the end but it is severely lacking in details. I also laughed a few times like when Jack told the nurse to really jam the needle in or Sam calling Mayborne.
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

I really like this episode. The aliens, their devices, the creepy hanging harnesses... it's all more original then we usually see in SG-1.

At the end, Carter says that they can blast the frequency-disrupting sound (which, by the way, is total B.S.) whenever teams arrive through the gate, to prevent a future re-occurrence. Ha. Like that ever happened. Imagine having to hear that sound every time someone stepped through the gate, every episode, until the series ended.

Comment

Working...
                                X