No announcement yet.

Foothold (314)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jack: listen really jam it in this time!

the foothold aliens are the best take a look at my avatar i love em but you know whats weird....they have all their memories i hope the producers don't do what they did with STV have a crew who were not who they seemed living the same lives...oh wait that was done with double jeprody...hmmm.still bring em back!!!!!
    For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

Yeah, I thought they were a bit too cool to waste. Lets face it there aren't many villains who we've fought who are still alive (apophis doesn't count! ) so they deserve at least one more episode even if it's not directly against earth.

Comment

Good episode, shame they have never returned TPTB what are u doing you have two storylines to be round up !!!!

Comment

Heh heh...now I'm hooked on this idea of Evil Janet the System Lord. She'd probably wear black leather and chains. What was that Jack quote from season 5? "Four-foot-nine killing machine."

Speaking of leather, I love episodes where we get to see SG-1 out in casual clothes in the outside world. The scene with "Daniel", "Jack" and Maybourne in the outdoor cafe was one of my favorites ever. The one in the plane was awesome, too - though Sam should know better than to start getting her gun off in a pressurized cabin.

Love this episode, aside from the icky intestine things dangling around the captured SGC personnel. Here's another vote to Bring Back the Foothold Aliens. It would be fun to see them go up against the Goa'uld.

Comment

Pretty darn good episode..........when will we see these guys again?! Knowing TPTB.........never..........

Comment

This is a pretty good episode however in my opinion TPTB wont bring em back unless for a very good reason. They should focus more on the four races.
              Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Has anyone thought that maybe the aliens are still on Earth. Remember that it was Maybourne who said the aliens in the hallway had exploded, no one from the SGC confirmed this, plus the SGC was crawling with NID guys so it would have been easy to get the aliens out of the base without anyone knowing.

Just a thought...
                I'm a TrustNo1/Weir shipper Also TrustNo1/Carter shipper and TrustNo1/Teyla Shipper. In fact I'm a TrustNo1/Weir/Carter/Teyla shipper. Yes, that would be good Throw in some Vala in tight leather. Is this sig PG? Oh well

Thank you L-JADE for the sig, it ROCKS!!!

Waiting for my posts to be approved.

Comment

Originally posted by TrustNo1
                  Has anyone thought that maybe the aliens are still on Earth. Remember that it was Maybourne who said the aliens in the hallway had exploded, no one from the SGC confirmed this, plus the SGC was crawling with NID guys so it would have been easy to get the aliens out of the base without anyone knowing.

Just a thought...

This calls for a ficcy Woot

Comment

um this is my first real post. kinda shy hehe. but do u think the foothold aliens are from the pegasus galaxy or maybe the asgard galaxy or maybe the ori galaxy? they said the gould were the dominant parasitcal life forms in this galaxy so it kinda implies they werent from our galaxy.

they looked pretty advanced but i dun think their tech was = to goaluld tech.
                    thx

Comment

Originally posted by TrustNo1

Just a thought...
                      You know...I asked Joe Mallozzi this question a while back. I think I said something like is there a chance the Foothold alien who impersonated Daniel was alive...because all we had was Maybourne's word on it.

His response? "You mean you don't trust Maybourne??"

Needless to say I LOVED this episode. I even incorporated it into my Amanda Tapping video. I had a cut scene from Heroes 2 (bad quality clip but what can you do) with Jack getting a video from Hammond to watch...anyway when he gets the video (which is actually my video), he's watching his favorite show Stargate SG-1 and his favorite episode...Foothold...it was the "Maybourne, you are an idiot..." scene. (ON EDIT: oh if you'd like to see the video, just click on my signature banner...)

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                        You know...I asked Joe Mallozzi this question a while back. I think I said something like is there a chance the Foothold alien who impersonated Daniel was alive...because all we had was Maybourne's word on it.

His response? "You mean you don't trust Maybourne??"
                        I Like that!

sigpic

Comment

Definitely I would be interested in seeing the aliens in this ep get another story or two. Whatever happened to them that they never got brought back?
                          All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
                          Pay it forward

Comment

Originally posted by Ascendant
                            Heh heh...now I'm hooked on this idea of Evil Janet the System Lord.
                            That'd be a great way to bring Dr. Fraiser back, as a new minor enemy compared to the Ori.

However, I'm going to disagree with everyone so far on this post - Foothold is absolutely awful.

The episode has no point, message, meaning, etc. In other words, it's a stand-alone episode that really just goes for kicks. This is the hardest type of episode to do, because the great majority of scenes must be good (especially at the beginning) for the episode to be good entertainment, and Foothold did not pull it off at all.

This type of episode is especially hard to pull off because, with no point to the episode, corny moments are more easily noticed and less easily swallowed (the entire plane sequence was painful to watch - the editing was especially bad - sees gun, sees alien, grabs gun = stupid, convenient, kill me now).

Also, this kind of episode makes what I call "conveniences" stand out - Teal'c wakes up, sees aliens, overhears plans, is now ready for escape. that's crap. Teal'c volunteers to draw the gaurds away from Sam, but Sam's escape tunnel seemed completely unguarded (it doesn't matter if it was or not - we were not shown that, and can not extrapolate anything). seems like they just wanted Teal'c to be captured/tortured. that's crap on a crap cracker.

There were too many plot points for a single episode - it had a chance to be great character developement for Sam and/or Maybourne, but instead avoided all that, put in too many short, awful plot advancement blurbs, and finally threw in a very out-of-character moment for Maybourne at the very end (which is completely shattered in shades of gray), after they conveniently summarized everything we just saw. Also, Major Davis was given absolutely no purpose in the episode, and that's a shame because he's a great fan favorite minor character that was completely abused by this episode.

In short, it wasn't well done, and therefore I wasn't entertained. I'd give it a star-and-a-half out of four. Very poor.

Comment

When are they coming back? I am begining to think never.
                              sigpic

Comment

I don't think they will ever explore those alien storyline again Jake.

Comment

Working...
                                X