Foothold (314)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Harlan's Speechwriter View Post
    It's quite scary to think there's an aggressive race which seems to know about us (admittedly except for the gou'ald aspect) when we know nothing about them.
    True and rumour has it the Super cool looking Lobster men. Originally came from another galaxy. Who knows may big their army may be!

Same they never came back to this story as they would have made gd bad guys. Myabe in Atlantis one day!
    sigpic
    Banner Made By Me for Me
    The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

Originally posted by MechaThor View Post
      True and rumour has it the Super cool looking Lobster men. Originally came from another galaxy. Who knows may big their army may be!

Same they never came back to this story as they would have made gd bad guys. Myabe in Atlantis one day!
      Yes. It would have been good to have another nemesis, apart from the goa'uld. It would also have been interesting to see how they and the goa'uld would have reacted to each other.
      sigpic
      Please don't laugh, this is one of my first attempts at a banner.

Comment

Such a different episode! I like it. All the stuff with Jack and Davis hanging from the ceiling and taking out "Janet". Great stuff. Sam taking down Maybourne. Hee hee. Sam and Maybourne then working together! Gasp! What an unexpected twist! I thought it was fantastic how O'Neill lowered his hands to slam down the blast doors at the end. And the entire scene in the beginning in the infirmary had me laughing out loud.

Although, I can't think right now, was there a reason the aliens would have held Teal'c in lock-up and not killed him outright? (not that I WANTED them to!)

Comment

Originally posted by Crichiel View Post
          Although, I can't think right now, was there a reason the aliens would have held Teal'c in lock-up and not killed him outright? (not that I WANTED them to!)
          I was under the impression they wanted to keep him alive to study his larvae and maybe see if they could find a way to overcome the Goa'uld immunity to the mimic devices. Seeing as how from their perspective there was no way of knowing the NID would eventually storm the base, studying him was a rather safe decision.

Personally, I thought this was a fantastic episode. I actually rewatch this episode more often than any other SG-1 episode and it is definitely my favorite. The subtle foreshadowing all throughout the episode was very well done, and I like duplicate O'Neill's "He's awaiting your thoughts" line to Maybourne.

Comment

Very interesting episode, this is the turning point for Maybourne. In early episodes you can't help but absolutely hate him, but after this he starts getting more and more likable.

Originally posted by Infinatus
            I was under the impression they wanted to keep him alive to study his larvae and maybe see if they could find a way to overcome the Goa'uld immunity to the mimic devices. Seeing as how from their perspective there was no way of knowing the NID would eventually storm the base, studying him was a rather safe decision.
            Yes I agree, after all we do see Doctor Frasier messing around with Teal'c's infant Goa'uld. I suspect that these aliens weren't from our galaxy and therefore were interested in the Jaffa and the Goa'uld. I suspect the reason we don't see them around anymore is because they couldn't figure out how to imitate the Jaffa and Goa'uld. Therefore they retreat to their home galaxy never to be seen again.
            sigpic

Comment

It's fun to see how long Maybourne is on screen before someone insults him.

My Rating: 8/10

Full Review: http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/2.../foothold.html
              My attempt to watch every episode of SG-1 and Atlantis this summer:
              http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by HelloVelo View Post
                It's fun to see how long Maybourne is on screen before someone insults him.

My Rating: 8/10

Full Review: http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/2.../foothold.html
                What was it 15 seconds? I am one of those people who actually like Maybourne.
                sigpic

Comment

So SG gets compromised and it gets buried under the rug? Didn't Senator Kinsey jump up and down in Season 1 when they compromised it slightly and in this episode, they were replaced by aliens and nobody would have known. I expected an after-effect of this episode.

Comment

An enjoyable episode. Loved that line from Sam to Maybourne about giving his stupidity a day off.

How many times have the SG1 been compromised up to this point? They not only have to check if any team is goa'ulded, they have to check if they're the real SG team. Or if the SG team has not been tampered with like in another ep. And make sure that there are no invisible aliens that went along with then. And that they do not take in any devices that might be carrying really tiny aliens.

Comment

Originally posted by plague View Post
                      So SG gets compromised and it gets buried under the rug? Didn't Senator Kinsey jump up and down in Season 1 when they compromised it slightly and in this episode, they were replaced by aliens and nobody would have known. I expected an after-effect of this episode.
                      The Kinsey issue with regards to this episode was addressed in season 6's Smoke and Mirrors. Though I agree perhaps one line of dialogue about this should have been inserted into this episode. But still, because of Smoke and Mirrors this is really almost a non-issue. The only issues I had (and yes in hind sight my review on the last page was much more positive, so sorry for looking like a hypocrite) was that Jack and Major Davis took so long to free themselves from their restraints, considering that they escaped when Carter got back from her plane ride (which probably took hours). Also, the NID attack on the base was very poorly planned considering the ease of the alien escape. Before the attack surely it would have been a good idea for Carter to cut power to the gate to prevent the escape.

However, I still think that over all this was a very entertaining episode. Despite it's flaws this episode had some of the better qualities of science fiction entertainment ingrained in it, and the apparent influence from Invasion of the Body Snatchers was quite nice.

Comment

Originally posted by L E E View Post
                        An enjoyable episode. Loved that line from Sam to Maybourne about giving his stupidity a day off.

How many times have the SG1 been compromised up to this point? They not only have to check if any team is goa'ulded, they have to check if they're the real SG team. Or if the SG team has not been tampered with like in another ep. And make sure that there are no invisible aliens that went along with then. And that they do not take in any devices that might be carrying really tiny aliens.
                        Really, they should make them all sit it out for 24 hours at the Alpha Site or somewhere similar, as they decided to do with the Midway facility in Atlantis.
                        And Dr. Lee should never have been allowed to bring home any plants.

I actually liked it when Sam shot Jack (although she knew he was an alien). I bet there's been more than one time she wished she could have done that, and I bet Daniel was jealous that she got to. You know, a little catharsis every now and then is a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by VSS View Post
                          Really, they should make them all sit it out for 24 hours at the Alpha Site or somewhere similar, as they decided to do with the Midway facility in Atlantis.
                          And Dr. Lee should never have been allowed to bring home any plants.
                          i haven't seen any sga eps.

is there a do's and dont's list in stargate travel? i think there should be one. and i'd bet that it will be a loooong list.

Comment

I wouldn't go to say this is one of my favourites of season 3 but it's certainly an interesting "what-if" style episode.

Probably one of the episodes where Maybourne actual was a help rather then a hindrance.

Pretty cool technology and at least they implemented a fail safe (the scan) so that this won't be happening again.

Although initially Teal'c should of grabbed more Zats instead of giving a pistol to Sam since at that point we didn't know if everyone was an alien or only some or if they were under some kind of control.

Stargate SG-1 Re-Watch: Season 1, 2, 3

Comment

Originally posted by pritnep View Post
                              I wouldn't go to say this is one of my favourites of season 3 but it's certainly an interesting "what-if" style episode.

Probably one of the episodes where Maybourne actual was a help rather then a hindrance.

Pretty cool technology and at least they implemented a fail safe (the scan) so that this won't be happening again.

Although initially Teal'c should of grabbed more Zats instead of giving a pistol to Sam since at that point we didn't know if everyone was an alien or only some or if they were under some kind of control.
                              i was kind of surprised maybourne actally helped and that we didn't know if they were under control but maybe when sam found out the ones on the airplane were alians they thought that we would know they all are.
                              sigpic

Comment

I liked this episode, especially the Sam-Maybourne interaction. The complete infiltration of SGC... a slight stretch in my opinion, but hey - this is Sci Fi.
                                ~~~~~ Meant to Be ~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                                X