Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SaraBahama
    replied
    "How is a needle in my butt going to get water out of my ears?...Listen, really jam it in this time, okay?" ~Jack

Classic Jack humor...coupled with his distaste for all things medical.

"Maybourne, you are an idiot every day of the week; why couldn't you have just taken one day off?!" ~Sam

Sam did get to play a strong role in this one. So proud of her.

Leave a comment:

• Starscape91
    replied
    I love this episode the aliens, the tech, Carter kicking some serious butt. Pretty much everything about it I even like Maybourne.

Leave a comment:

• Lunaeclipse
    replied
    Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
    I know, it's been months since you posted this, and the odds of you coming back to see this comment are miniscule. Nonetheless, I don't think these aliens look anything like cockroaches.

I just had to say that.

Seaboe
    Not so much looked like, but acted in a similar way...don't take that too literally tho. It was more about how they nested...

Leave a comment:

• Seaboe Muffinchucker
    replied
    Originally posted by Lunaeclipse View Post
    Someone pointed out to me that the foothold aliens were kind of like cochroaches.
    I know, it's been months since you posted this, and the odds of you coming back to see this comment are miniscule. Nonetheless, I don't think these aliens look anything like cockroaches.

I just had to say that.

Seaboe

Leave a comment:

• gatechick
    replied
    "Maybourne, you are an idiot every day of the week; why couldn't you have just taken one day off?!" One of my all time favorite lines in SG-1. I loved that this really showcases Sam, who gets to save the day. And Maybourne actually gets to be a sorta good guy for once. I think this is the ep where I started to like him. I love the part where Jack is strung up and as he is looking for a way to get down, he touches Hammonds head kind of patting it, then says sorry sir.

Leave a comment:

• Brother Freyr
    replied
    I really like this episode. The aliens, their devices, the creepy hanging harnesses... it's all more original then we usually see in SG-1.

At the end, Carter says that they can blast the frequency-disrupting sound (which, by the way, is total B.S.) whenever teams arrive through the gate, to prevent a future re-occurrence. Ha. Like that ever happened. Imagine having to hear that sound every time someone stepped through the gate, every episode, until the series ended.

Leave a comment:

• jelgate
    replied
    Another one of SG1s forgetten episodes. This is so disappointing because I just love Foothold. Its a big action episode especially for Sam. An element we quite frankly don't see her in that often. So I like seeing her outsmart these mimic aliens not to mention the part where Tealc beats up Siler. Its interesting to note how easily the Foothold aliens were able to take over the SGC. I would have been interested to see how that happened. Sure we got a minor explanation at the end but it is severely lacking in details. I also laughed a few times like when Jack told the nurse to really jam the needle in or Sam calling Mayborne.

Leave a comment:

• Matt G
    replied
    5pm and another ep of SG1...

1. This won't hurt a bit...untill you're all knocked out.

2. Teal'c vs the SGC...nice...

3. "Maybourne you are an idiot every day of the week..." still makes me smile.

4. Still Maybourne did go on to be a solid ally in this ep though...
    Spoiler:
    we later see what he's been up to in Shades of Grey

Nice stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Seaboe Muffinchucker
    replied
    Originally posted by mathpiglet View Post
    Is it me, or did Sam find it easier to shoot alien Jack than alien Hammond? She gave Hammond time to hit her!
    She had her gun in her hand when she shot Jack, versus her gun on her work bench during the confrontation with Hammond. Since she didn't have to grab the gun I think yes, Sam did find it easier to shoot Jack

Seaboe

Leave a comment:

• NowIWillDestroyAbydos
    replied
    I liked this episode, haven't seen it, so I kind of forgot how SG-1 would get out of this one.

So for once, Maybourne actually worked with us.

This is Andy Mikita's first SG-1 episode he's directed. He did a good job.

Tomorrow, the journey continues with the return of Skaara as he is put on trial by the Tollan.

Leave a comment:

• mathpiglet
    replied
    Great episode. I'm sorry we never got to see these aliens again.

Is it me, or did Sam find it easier to shoot alien Jack than alien Hammond? She gave Hammond time to hit her!

Leave a comment:

• Jae'a
    replied
    My LiveJournal post
    I kinda feel bad about calling Maybourne a rat in my write up for Bane now. He's more of the good guy in this ep that he claimed to be in Bane.

Leave a comment:

• SG3Marine
    replied
    Enjoyable episode, though I wish the aliens had appeared in later episodes.

Leave a comment:

• Lieutenant Sparrow
    replied
    An interesting ep. Sam did some great work. Aliens looked pretty average. Maybourne was his usual stupid self.

Leave a comment:

• dtheories
    replied
    Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
    Here's where the real world intrudes for me: the chemical spilled is TCE. That's a degreaser. What the heck do they need a degreaser for within the SGC?
    LOL! I never thought twice about whatever the substance was. That's too funny! I did notice they had a fast acting sedative. :-)

I remember the first time I watched this ep and the sense that something wasn't right...folks just weren't acting to form. First General Hammond, and then the way Daniel kinda looks at him and around the 'gate room when they're asked to go directly to the infirmary really should make hairs stand on end. Familiar characters - in the elevator and Siler - were really good props to make us less suspecting.

Terrific What if? storyline. The Iguana/Turtle people seeking a new homeworld were just too, too, though the technology they bring, as we see later, has extraordinary implications.

RIP SG-6.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X