X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brother Freyr
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave2 View Post
    What happened to SG-6 after the aliens impersonated them???
    Hammond didn't say they were killed........
    Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
    The script did not deal with that issue, so who knows.
    Yeah. I assume they were killed. Maybe the military would classify them MIA?

Leave a comment:

• fems
    replied
    They're called differently in different episodes and used at different times in different situations, so unless the door actually has 'emergency access' on it (or someone calls it that in the show) I'm not calling it an emergency access door/hatch and therefore can't definitively say it goes all the way from sublevel 28 to the surface.

I'm not denying there are emergency access hatches that would probably go all the way to the surface (as stated and used in A Matter of Time), but I'm not sure this is one of them.

Though I must say this particular door was quite easy to open and Sam got out of the base without any trouble (I still don't see why Teal'c couldn't have gone with her), which is a bit worrisome for when there's another foothold situation or an outbreak of an alien disease which makes personnel want to reach the surface or something...

Leave a comment:

• Seaboe Muffinchucker
    replied
    Originally posted by fems View Post
    But it's not necessarily an emergency escape hatch
    That's what it's called in that 8th season episode right before Threads (the name of which I'm blanking on), so that's what I called it. I've noticed that in some episodes (Point of View) it's not easily accessible from inside. Other episodes (A Matter of Time) show that it's not accessible from outside. Others are somewhere in between (the mini-Jack episode, for example). I don't think this is one of those things where you can point at a single use and say "this is the canon use." However, based on what I know about fire and safety codes, I'd say it goes all the way from level 1 to level 28.

(I don't know what the other numbers mean, could be a 'random' number or means it has access from level 28 with 841 meaning something else).
    Where I work, every door has a number. Mine is 42E2. I know what the 4 means (I'm on the 4th floor) and I know what the E means (the nearest row of columns is E). I also know I'll never figure out in a million years how they determine the other 2 numbers. So the other number is probably a location, maybe for emergency or facility services.

Seaboe

Leave a comment:

• fems
    replied
    But it's not necessarily an emergency escape hatch, seeing as how Jack uses a similar one to get inside the SGC in Proving Ground.

In A Matter of Time they do use an emergency access, seeing as how they have to force everything open because they're coming in from the outside.

It's unclear if the stairs go to below as well from the way Sam goes up. It doesn't look like she has to watch her step (or fall down) or leap to the stairs but it's also not clear if there is a floor underneath the stairs.

Just checked the episode and the following is on the door:
    Restricted access
    LV 16 | 28841
    Which would mean Sam went up to the surface from level 16 (I don't know what the other numbers mean, could be a 'random' number or means it has access from level 28 with 841 meaning something else).

Leave a comment:

• Seaboe Muffinchucker
    replied
    Originally posted by fems View Post
    Sam and Teal'c checked the security cameras in the surveillance room on level 16 and in the next scene she's going to climb out; it's possible she goes up from level sixteen, but considering that's where the security station is it's not very likely (to have an exit hatch open to that level). She could have also gone up to level eleven (where you have to change elevators) and climbed out from there.
    If that is an emergency escape hatch (which is implied in numerous other episodes, starting with A Matter of Time), it must open at every level. Otherwise it's not much good as an escape route.

Seaboe

Leave a comment:

• fems
    replied
    Sam presumably went by her house, to get her things (ID and money) and went to the airport to get a (commercial) flight and at the same time Maybourne informed Hammond who sent FakeJack and -Daniel after her (or perhaps they used a faster military hop) so they showed up around the same time...

Leave a comment:

• hedwig
    replied
    She must have climbed close to 20 floors.........talk about being in shape. And is it realistic that she could just come out at the top and run off to town? Did the Mountain not have any protective fences, guards, etc. at night?!
    Much as I liked this episode, I have a couple of nitpicks myself. Just how did Sam get from the SGC to the airport? How did she pay for a plane ticket, given that she left presumably without any money. How did she get from the airport in D.C. to the cafe to meet Maybourne (also without any money)? There isn't enough time elapsed for her to get to D.C. and then have fake Jack and Daniel show up moments after she arrives at the cafe. Maybourne says he talked to General Hammond after talking to Sam. Fake Hammond must have sent fake Jack and Daniel to the meeting. How did they get there so fast?

Plus, that whole climbing the ladder thing happened in other episodes as well. That escape hatch was used in "A Matter of Time" when Colonel Cromwell thought he was rescuing the SGC from an alien incursion.

The trainees in "Proving Ground" used it when Jack tricked them into thinking they were dealing with an alien incursion.

It has been used once or twice to evacuate the SGC when the self-destruct has been activated.

Leave a comment:

• fems
    replied
    I cannot picture anyone climbing a ladder for 20 floors........including Samantha!
    Sam and Teal'c checked the security cameras in the surveillance room on level 16 and in the next scene she's going to climb out; it's possible she goes up from level sixteen, but considering that's where the security station is it's not very likely (to have an exit hatch open to that level). She could have also gone up to level eleven (where you have to change elevators) and climbed out from there.

Leave a comment:

• Dave2
    replied
    I cannot picture anyone climbing a ladder for 20 floors........including Samantha!

I don't find it particularly unrealistic. You do, in part (or so it seems) because it was Carter (as opposed to one of the men?)--I don't get that. However, your opinion is your opinion and you're certainly entitled to it.

Seaboe

Leave a comment:

• Seaboe Muffinchucker
    replied
    She must have climbed close to 20 floors.........talk about being in shape. And is it realistic that she could just come out at the top and run off to town? Did the Mountain not have any protective fences, guards, etc. at night?!
    I don't find it particularly unrealistic. You do, in part (or so it seems) because it was Carter (as opposed to one of the men?)--I don't get that. However, your opinion is your opinion and you're certainly entitled to it.

Seaboe

Leave a comment:

• fems
    replied
    It's one of the emergency access/exterior hatches, similar to the one used in Proving Ground.

Leave a comment:

• Dave2
    replied

Why especially Samantha Carter? She has to be in very good shape if she's an active duty officer. Here in Seattle, Firefighters do a charitable climb up the stairs of an 80+ story building, in full gear. The winner regularly completes the climb in less than 1/2 hour.

Because he was a superior officer with knowledge of the program (iow, she could talk to him) who might be able to help.
    Maybourne mentions that they died.

Leave a comment:

• Seaboe Muffinchucker
    replied
    When Samantha Carter snuck into the ladder room to climb out of the mountain, how many floors did she climb? It must have been around 20 floors. I can't imagine anyone doing that under those circumstances, let alone Samantha Carter.
    Why especially Samantha Carter? She has to be in very good shape if she's an active duty officer. Here in Seattle, Firefighters do a charitable climb up the stairs of an 80+ story building, in full gear. The winner regularly completes the climb in less than 1/2 hour.

Why did she involve Maybourne if she knew he was really a pain in the neck if not yet an inside enemy who would reveal himself a few episodes later in Shades of Gray
    Because he was a superior officer with knowledge of the program (iow, she could talk to him) who might be able to help.
    Did all the aliens disappear when the ones who couldn't gate blew themselves up?
    Maybourne mentions that they died.
    What about technical remnants such as in the "storage room" where the people were hanging??

Leave a comment:

• Dave2
    replied
    When Samantha Carter snuck into the ladder room to climb out of the mountain, how many floors did she climb? It must have been around 20 floors. I can't imagine anyone doing that under those circumstances, let alone Samantha Carter.
    And why did she involve Maybourne if she knew he was really a pain in the neck if not yet an inside enemy who would reveal himself a few episodes later in Shades of Gray,
    Did all the aliens disappear when the ones who couldn't gate blew themselves up? What about technical remnants such as in the "storage room" where the people were hanging??

Leave a comment:

• Dave2
    replied
    What happened to SG-6 after the aliens impersonated them???
    Hammond didn't say they were killed........

Leave a comment:

Working...
X