No announcement yet.

Jolinar's Memories (312)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The end of this episode- one of my all time favourite 'wow!' moments in Stargate...

Comment

He looks like Emperor Palpatine's (y'know, from Star Wars) younger brother.

Comment

Man Sokar and his Jaffa were just sweet. They all looked so cool. I also loved how Sokar turned the moon Ne'tu (sp?) into hell. Very good ep all around. One of my favorites of S3.

Comment

For Season 3's Jolinar's Memories and The Devil You Know...

The Tokra memory recall device as they travel to Netu in the teltak.

Sam remembers (and feels) Jolinar's love for Martouf.

Jolinar is tortured with the pain stick; Sam feels it 'realistically'!

Netu: They find Sam's father Jacob and then Sam meets Bynar.

Apophis and the Blood of Sokar.

The Blood of Sokar and the memory recall device
          - and Sam sees memories of just after her mother died.

Netu's prison, Sam looks after her father and speaks with Martouf
          - telling him not to let them use Jolinar, or Sam, against him.

Final scenes. Sam, Jacob and Martouf in the cells of Netu.
          Sam and Jacob on the teltak on the way home.

Comment

I think it was great. definetly one of stargates finest episode. i love sam in this episode she was brilliant. they way she acted when she remmember jolinar being torture was incredible. i like how jack was so defensive of sam when martouf was pushing to hard. i think this episode was great.

Comment

Loved this episode too. Tonight I'm gonna watch The Devil You Know. I have my suspicions of what happens in that episode, but I won't write them now.

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                For Season 3's Jolinar's Memories and The Devil You Know...

The Tokra memory recall device as they travel to Netu in the teltak.

Sam remembers (and feels) Jolinar's love for Martouf.

Jolinar is tortured with the pain stick; Sam feels it 'realistically'!

Netu: They find Sam's father Jacob and then Sam meets Bynar.

Apophis and the Blood of Sokar.

The Blood of Sokar and the memory recall device
                - and Sam sees memories of just after her mother died.

Netu's prison, Sam looks after her father and speaks with Martouf
                - telling him not to let them use Jolinar, or Sam, against him.

Final scenes. Sam, Jacob and Martouf in the cells of Netu.
                Sam and Jacob on the teltak on the way home.
                Absolutely a fantastic post, one of the best I've seen!!!!! And you hit everything dead on. I loved that episode, and seeing your pic's, brought everything back.

GREAT job!
                "After all is said and done, more is said, than done." - Unknown

Comment

Brilliant Acting by all those involoved, when will TPTB stop suprising me with such great episodes

Also i think the GW rules are not to quote pics, reomve the img tabs ans you should be fine

Comment

Awesomeness. I love two-parters, and the idea was great: they literally have to bring Sam's dad back from Hell. Having Hell be an actual terraformed moon was very creative.

Some fantastic effects, too. Naatu (or however you spell it) looks amazing. I honestly can't tell if it's matte work or CG or models or what. Season 3 ruled when it came to environment shots. Not only that, but it was the first real introduction to Sokar (aside from a voice demanding that they return Apophis). It was also fun seeing what Jolinar looked like, and learning about her relationship with Martouf. The only thing that bothered me was Bynar's eye - or lack thereof. It was so gross I had to look away when they did close-ups of him.

One of the best episodes in Season 3, and that's saying a lot. The Devil You Know was even better, though.

Comment

Fantastic episode, IMHO. But i like The Devil you Know even more...

Comment

I agree apophis makes the devil you know much more enjoyable.
                        sigpic

Comment

This is an excellent episode. Amanda Tapping's performance was wonderful, as was everyone's. I love the Jolinar storyline. They need to revist that somehow, even if it's only Sam using Goa'uld technology.

Comment

Well I don't know if you have watched the other seasons but they have mentioned it quite a bit. One example would be in "meridian" she uses the healing device to try to bring back daniel.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake
                              Well I don't know if you have watched the other seasons but they have mentioned it quite a bit. One example would be in "meridian" she uses the healing device to try to bring back daniel.
                              Oh, I've seen every episode and I know it did come up again. I meant I want to see it brought up again in the upcoming season. Maybe it's too much to ask, but it's an interesting story arc.
                              Spoiler:
                              Not to mention both Sam and Vala have been unwilling hosts-it gives them something in common.

It's been speculated that Sam might not have used the healing device again b/c of what happened after she used it with Dainel. I can understand that. As for the hand device, it would be handy to have off world!

I like the Tok'ra storyline, and really wish there could be more.

Comment

Seeing this thread and Astro's pics reminds me how much I enjoyed this episode and its sequel. I miss the richmess of the visual designs - the hellish moon, the costumes, Sokar's make-up. The story is involving and the acting is excellent.

I miss this kind of Stargate.
                                scarimor

Comment

Working...
                                X