Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seaboe Muffinchucker
    replied
    Keep in mind that Martouf is the human half of the partnership. When we saw his symbiote, it was quite curt and condescending.

Seaboe

Leave a comment:

• Sparky She-Demon
    replied
    Good point. But I also think that Martouf was one of less patronizing of the Tok'ra.

Leave a comment:

• Britta
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
    Just watched this episode again. I love everyone's facial expressions when they see who Nao'nak really is!
    That guy would be a blast at Masquerade balls.

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
    Jack hasn't liked the Tok'ra since they first turned up (In the Line of Duty). He still judges them to be as bad as the goa'uld. He doesn't trust any of them as far as he can throw them.
    I always thought a large part of it was about the Tok'ra being patronising. They looked down on the Tau'ri as young when they, like the Goa'uld, co-opted much of their technology from other races.

Leave a comment:

• Sparky She-Demon
    replied
    Just watched this episode again. I love everyone's facial expressions when they see who Nao'nak really is!

Leave a comment:

• Sparky She-Demon
    replied
    He only tolerates Jacob/Selmak because Jacob is the host and he likes Jacob. He wouldn't like Selmak at all if she was blended with somebody he didn't know.
    Yes, I'm working a story involving the Tok'ra. Highly interesting.

Leave a comment:

• hedwig
    replied
    He seemed to tolerate Jacob and by extension Selmak more than the rest.
    He only tolerates Jacob/Selmak because Jacob is the host and he likes Jacob. He wouldn't like Selmak at all if she was blended with somebody he didn't know.

Leave a comment:

• Sparky She-Demon
    replied
    Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    He didn't like them before, after or ever. So no change there.... at least, he stayed constant about that.
    He seemed to tolerate Jacob and by extension Selmak more than the rest.

Jack hasn't liked the Tok'ra since they first turned up (In the Line of Duty). He still judges them to be as bad as the goa'uld. He doesn't trust any of them as far as he can throw them.
    Very true. I can think of some that he would've loved to give a beating to, purely in the interest of a training exercise of course!

Leave a comment:

• hedwig
    replied
    Well, whatever happened, it certainly didn't help how Jack views the Tok'ra!

Leave a comment:

• Falcon Horus
    replied
    He didn't like them before, after or ever. So no change there.... at least, he stayed constant about that.

Leave a comment:

• Sparky She-Demon
    replied
    Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    I think the older a symbiote the easier it blends with a new host, and the faster their minds become linked with one another. Of course, even they are at some point too old to take a new host, but with age comes wisdom and strength.

Kanan didn't take Jack for a joyride. He did have an agenda and used Jack's notion of not leaving people behind to go find the lothar.

Leave a comment:

• Falcon Horus
    replied
    Originally posted by garhkal View Post
    Perhaps the age/strength of the host is what causes it.. See Jack and "Kanen" (his host)
    I think the older a symbiote the easier it blends with a new host, and the faster their minds become linked with one another. Of course, even they are at some point too old to take a new host, but with age comes wisdom and strength.

Kanan didn't take Jack for a joyride. He did have an agenda and used Jack's notion of not leaving people behind to go find the lothar.

Leave a comment:

• Sparky She-Demon
    replied
    Originally posted by garhkal View Post
    Perhaps the age/strength of the host is what causes it.. See Jack and "Kanen" (his host)
    You mean his symbiote that took him for a joyride?

Leave a comment:

• garhkal
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Kali
    replied
    Apophis is one of my favorite system lords other than Ba'al. His persistence, cunning, and skill as a warrior made him nearly unbeatable.

Also, it was interesting to see the connection made between the minds of the host and of the symbiote. Jolinar was only with Sam for a short while, and yet her thoughts, memories, and feelings made a notable impact on Sam's mind.

Leave a comment:

• Sparky She-Demon
    replied
    Apophis is like the energizer bunny. He keeps on going.

I watched this episode for the first time about two weeks ago. I loved it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X