Past and Present (311)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HelloVelo View Post
    It's interesting to compare this episode to the Michael story arc in Atlantis.

My Rating: 9/10

Full Review: http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/2...d-present.html
    I never really thought about it, but you're right the situations are very similar. The difference being that Linea most likely will live out her life without the knowledge of her previous life. If you believe Nurture supersedes Nature than Linea is could be essentially good.
    sigpic

Comment

Plus she seemed to WANT to go that route, rather than trn back into her evil old self.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
        Plus she seemed to WANT to go that route, rather than trn back into her evil old self.
        Well it doesn't really matter what she wanted, all of those feelings are gone.
        sigpic

Comment

Kira/Linnea retained her scientific expertise but not her personality? Is this really possible when one has amnesia? I thought that when one has amnesia, one's personality will stay the same. Unless that part in our brain that controls personality is affected.

I think I saw an episode of some lawyer show. An old man got into an accident and something was damaged in his brain to cause a 180 change in his personality. The old man is normally very rude and grouchy. But after the accident, he became so pleasant and happy. There was no amnesia involved.

Are they sure that Kira wont remember a thing? That she wont become Linnea again?

I'm with others here who felt uncomfortable with the Daniel/Kira thing.
          Last edited by L E E; 09 July 2008, 10:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Liebestraume View Post
            Back in Prisoners, we were never told what made Linea the mass murderer that she had been -- was it predisposition or experience?
            Something I to was wondering throughout the episode, why did she hate people and want to commit mass murder and become the "The Destroyer of Worlds.". I mean we saw that after everyone was becoming suspicious of her, she wanted to find out why people seemed to distrust her and so she got the cure, nothing to stop the people of the world acting like that and her trying to find out why again.

Originally posted by HelloVelo View Post
            It's interesting to compare this episode to the Michael story arc in Atlantis.
            I never thought about it like that but that's an interesting point.

I like how we learned what Teal'c's name means and where it came from.

Other then that it was an ok episode but certainly not a favourite.

Stargate SG-1 Re-Watch: Season 1, 2, 3

Comment

Good episode. Nothing special though. Im guessing that Kira becomes Linnea at some point again. I just had that feeling when she left through the gate. In other hand, i hope this was the end of Linnea, she is not among my favorite characters so im not really interested by what's going to happen with her.

Comment

I think it was a clever episode. At the moment we knew that Kira really was Linnea , it was abit scary to watch the rest of the episode. Her hair was scary too.

Rating: 8/10

Comment

fantastic episode
                  Spoiler:
                  i liked the whole no memory and that evil was among them i also liked the fact that the people of the world were made young and lost there memory and also i liked that when kira found out who she was she allowed them to take her memory away again
                  sigpic

Comment

isn't the acress that plays her the one who plays the ancient who takes back atlantis in the return part 1? but she looks so crazy when she says "another part of me will happily watch you die!" good episode i just wish she appeared more.

Comment

This was an interesting show. First off, I thought the word "Vorlix" sounded really funny, not sure why, just thought it was funny every time they said Vorlix, until the end when it got very serious.

I actually thought they were a bit lienient towards her, all the questions have been asked - what if she goes back to the planet and recovers her memory? It shouldn't take that long, she will find it, provided she has the tools to do so.

It did bring up the question, must a person answer to crimes that they can't remember doing, and are they judging the same person, or should she be considered a completely different person?

I thought it was unfair for Daniel Jackson to compare her to Teal'c, though I realize Daniel was being rash because he really liked her. Teal'c chose out of his own freewill to join the humans, she on the other hand, simply can't remember her past but seems 'good' without her former memories.

And actually, I thought she did a really good job being similar to the original Lineas. Keep in mind, in that episode, she was really nice to them the whole time, with the occasional burst of anger, until the very end. And the young Lineas was also nice - until they started barring her out of her own research and she began to get upset, a good paralell, I thought. The reality is, no one really "knows" the original Lineas because she was putting on an act for the entire other episode, they only know what she's done.

As far as her plot goes, my guess is that planet was a 'pit stop' for her, she had aged so much in prison that she wanted to reduce her age and extend her life before going off and doing what she would normally do.

I agree the Daniel Jackson/ Lineas relationship seemed a bit forced, I think there wasn't much time in the show to develop it, and I am glad they didn't show us 30 minutes of relationship development. The point is, they liked each other, there was chemistry (though a weird chemistry and rightly so given the circumstances).

If she could lock up the entire stargate system and steal all their addresses, I have no doubt she could get her memory back, so again, I don't quite understand what they're doing sending her back, given that she could potentially destroy many worlds. Only thing I can think of is that her planet does not have the proper technology to do what they did at the stargate - but the first time they met her, she made an organic cold fusion generator out of some roots! That can't be a good sign, they underestimate her.

One other thing, the guy Orner who got tested on with the first medicine did a really good job with 'medical acting' and looking like he first went into a coma and then second remembered everything, and I liked his subtle argueing with his wife in the beginning, it was really funny. Stargate usually hires really good actors, you think he couldn't do a serious part as he was pretty humorous, then he goes into a coma, very well done.

Kind of mean though when they go through the stargate and Orner goes:
                      "Am I in one piece?"
                      and his wife says
                      "Yes Orner, one skinny little piece."
                      lol
                      Last edited by shinysign; 11 March 2009, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Teal'c means 'strength'.... *duh*, I coulda told you that.

They really did screw up showing this episode immediately following the death of Sha're. It's worse when you watch them back-to-back. The disconnect is unbelievable.
                        OK... *handwaves the Daniel-rebound-thing

Ironic quote of the episode is when Ke'ra/Linea says "It seems to be that before the Vorlix I helped others."

How will the people keep Ke'ra from taking the antidote again once they've returned to their planet?

Hey, look at the pics above again...

one more time...
                        go ahead.

take another look.

psst... Daniel is hot when he smiles, isn't he?

made you look

Comment

Probably one of the weaker episodes of season 3, IMO but I still quite enjoyed it - as usual it's the little bits of humour that help, plus the Linea story being concluded instead of just being forgotten about.

Comment

Bringing Linea back mwas a very good move by the writers. It tied up some loose ends. How many times must Daniel fall for the enemy. In three seasons his wife became a goauld, he fell in olove with a goauld and now he is falling for a mass murderer. He is on a role.
                            Some say that he has only one ear.
                            And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
                            All we know is he's called
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pic View Post
                              They really did screw up showing this episode immediately following the death of Sha're. It's worse when you watch them back-to-back. The disconnect is unbelievable.
                              I prefer to watch this episode between "Pretense" and "Urgo". This way, not only is the disconnect less severe, but it places "Jolinar's Memories" and "The Devil You Know" right in the middle of the season.
                              sigpic
                              Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Originally posted by Ulkesh47 View Post
                                I prefer to watch this episode between "Pretense" and "Urgo". This way, not only is the disconnect less severe, but it places "Jolinar's Memories" and "The Devil You Know" right in the middle of the season.
                                Yup, that would work. That would give it a few episodes between Sha're's death and Daniel flirting with a murdering chic.

Originally posted by The Stig View Post
                                Bringing Linea back mwas a very good move by the writers. It tied up some loose ends. How many times must Daniel fall for the enemy. In three seasons his wife became a goauld, he fell in olove with a goauld and now he is falling for a mass murderer. He is on a role.
                                Speaking of Daniel's women...
                                Spoiler:

Oh and it only gets worse over the seasons, doesn't it? Poor guy has about as many bad women choices as he does deaths.

And (if you're a D/V shipper or just thinking of 'Unending') he'll end up with Vala who beats him up and goes straight for bondage the first day they meet.
                                Seriously though, she seems to be the only one I can recall who makes a first impression of being one of the bad guys but ends up one of the good guys. All his other women seem to be the opposite.

Comment

Working...
                                X