Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• garhkal
    replied
    Maybe it was like some people i know who bounce to another guy/gal right after a broken up relationship...

Leave a comment:

• Sam-n-Jack-in-<3
    replied
    The Return of The Destroyer of Worlds! *dramatic music*

I agree that it seems way too soon to have Daniel falling for another woman, though maybe he's reaching out with a combination of his natural empathy and feeling lonely. I kind of felt sorry for him more than I was annoyed.

On a seperate note, I liked the funny moments, like Jack's 'Lalala, I can't hear you!' gag and the two people who hung out with Kira. Their being married was no big surprise, given their humorous bickering.

Leave a comment:

• Dimes
    replied
    Rebound. ;D
    Okay episode, not to shabby lol

Leave a comment:

• Starscape91
    replied
    I didn't like this episode that much. Daniel really annoyed me in this episode in my opinon its a little to soon after Sha'res death for him to fall for Kera. I like the part where Jack didn't want to hear that Linea could have possibly survived.

Leave a comment:

• jelgate
    replied
    The episode lacks a wow factor to me. Its not bad but it lacks anything to keep my interest. I find it interesting that the fountain of youth comes with amnesia but everything is wrapped to nicely with finding a cure and I have a hard time accepeating Hammond would agree Linea/Kera to touch dangerous chemicals despite how many aliens lives are at risk. His duty is too Earth first. Also Kera when she is cured I feel cheated we didn't see her return to psychopath ways. Instead she was going to commit suicide. Althought I liked watching Daniel talk her down. They should have shown the amnesia chemical in future episodes. Would have been a good use for fighting the Goa'uld.

Leave a comment:

• NowIWillDestroyAbydos
    replied
    Pretty average episode.

That one chick (the "Destroyer of Worlds," makes me think of The Doctor or Decade (one of you will understand second reference)) from that previous episode. Oh, and that guy (Randy) from Monk was in this episode.

Tomorrow, Jacob is back, and that guy, Sokar, finally appears. And let's not forget Martouf. The episode which I think, is the beginning of the "good part" of SG-1 the series.

Leave a comment:

• Jae'a
    replied
    My LiveJournal post
    Orner is Randy Disher from Monk
    Also, the first couple of times someone said 'Dargol', I thought they said 'D'Argo', as in Farscape.

Good to know what happens to Linea.

Leave a comment:

• mathpiglet
    replied
    I loved this episode.

I do wonder if the people will age again at the same rate. Will they be able to have kids? So many stories are possible to bring back Linnea and the others.

Leave a comment:

• Matt G
    replied
    5pm and another ep of SG1...

1. Planetary-wide amnesia. Interesting.

2. Linea! Didn't think we'd ever run into her again.

3. I can see Daniel being very emotionally vulnerable at this point(and he knew it!) and we've all done stupid things in that state - therefore I can live with his behavior here.

4. Interesting that someone compared this to...(Atlantis spoilers)

Spoiler:
    The Michael situation in Atlantis

In both cases our guys ultimately tried to do the right thing. In both cases the amnesiac had to decide who/what they wanted to be. This time round it went pretty smooth.

Leave a comment:

• Lieutenant Sparrow
    replied
    Daniel annoyed me in this ep. Not something he does very often. He seemed too rash and hot headed. Out of character.

Was nice to revisit Linea though.

Leave a comment:

• dtheories
    replied
    Daniel was totally into this intergalactic babe with a brain. And, as he put it,"...I actually really lost her (Sha're) a long time ago. The fact is I don't think right now I would trust myself completely to, uh…" which, to someone as passionate and determined as Ke'ra, was an uncensored invitation!

I didn't feel like the visit to Vyus necessarily had to occur just days after they'd buried Sha're. For crying out loud! It was his first kiss as a willing participant in 3 years!

Jack plugging his ears and singing rather than hearing unwanted news was funny, though I'm not sure I understand why he had to be so cruel to Daniel telling him he'd be the first to go if Linnea's memories returned. I don't doubt he would have shot Ke'ra/Linea if Daniel had moved when ordered to.

Anyway, I thought it was a sad ep for Daniel. He's got such a huge heart and just gets crushed every time.

Leave a comment:

• LeftHandedGuitarist
    replied
    Oops yes, I meant Daniel, of course!

Leave a comment:

• Krisz
    replied
    Originally posted by LeftHandedGuitarist View Post
    My memory (that's not intended as a joke) was telling me that this was a boring episode going in, but I found myself very wrapped up in what was happening. At the same time, I don't feel I have a lot to say about it. I enjoy this one for some good character development and an intriguing setup with more and more being revealed to us as the episode continues.

- I like the actress for Ke'ra/Linea, I thought she did a great job. She was delightful. Conversely, Dr. Frasier and Carter got on my nerves a bit with the way they were treating her.

- Jack falling for another woman right after the events of the previous episode was not good planning. It feels so wrong. The suggestion seems to be that they slept together here, is that correct?

- I really liked Daniel's speech/rant in the briefing room, nice writing.

- The world "vorlix" sounds very silly, it took me out of the episode everytime somebody said it. I kept thinking of Horlicks.

- This episode feels like a new style of storytelling for the show, one that would become quite common later on SG Atlantis. It really has the feel of an Atlantis episode more than SG-1, but I think this is the one where the style originated.

RATING: 7 out of 10
    Interesting observation, I see what you mean! Jonas' home world was like that too, and they kept that feel in SGU as well in a couple of episodes.

I too noticed and was a bit taken aback by Daniel's (I believe you meant to say Daniel) allowing Ke'ra to continue kissing him and him kissing back even after telling her he was getting over the death of his wife! Huh?!!!

At least the schizophrenic 'Destroyer of Worlds' gets to keep her better half! I've always wondered what happened to make her like that, she clearly didn't want to be like that and it showed when she chose to lose her memory again.

LOL! 'Vorlix' and Horlicks...... 'Vorlix' was an odd word! More suited to those ads of middle aged couples with Cheshire Cat grins after the man took a certain tablet!

Leave a comment:

• Seaboe Muffinchucker
    replied
    Originally posted by LeftHandedGuitarist View Post
    - Jack falling for another woman right after the events of the previous episode was not good planning. It feels so wrong. The suggestion seems to be that they slept together here, is that correct?
    Jack? I believe you mean Daniel. As for whether there was sex, I believe it was deliberately vague. Those who want there to have been sex can find reasons, those who don't want there to have been sex can find reasons.

Seaboe

Leave a comment:

• syncline
    replied
    I like Ke'ra in general, but I wish she'd slowed down after Daniel told her he had just lost his wife. Her explanation was that she wanted to take the opportunity to act on her feelings before regaining her memory; but that doesn't seem to stand up against "I need some time because my wife just died".

Unrelatedly, Vyus is a pretty cool-looking place. (They have zeppelins!) Hopefully the SGC still checks in once in a while to make sure Ke'ra is still Ke'ra...
    Last edited by syncline; 12 October 2011, 01:12 PM. Reason: grammar

Leave a comment:

Working...
X