No announcement yet.

Forever In a Day (310)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The one thing i would like to know, is what was happening to Sharie in daniels mind, similar to what happens to ancients who do the naughty when the other ascended ones yank them away..

Comment

I guess (unless I'm reading this wrong!), that Ammonet was yanking Sha're back under control every so often; then she would worm her way back out again.

Given that she was - it seems - able to hide things from Ammonet, which shows just how strong she is, Sha're's ability to use the hand device to communicate with Daniel in spite of Ammonet seems plausible. It also shows just how determined she was not to give up hope of escape.

It was such a shame that Teal'c was left with no choice but to kill her with Ammonet.
      sigpic

Comment

loved it
        one the best this season
        sigpic

Comment

One of the best overall!!!

Comment

I've just watched this episode for the first time. I certainly found it powerful, if a bit confusing. I'm not annoyed that it was confusing though, for me it just adds to the impact; afterall, Daniel must have been pretty confused by all those dreams, on top of his grief.

Once again, there was great acting all round, but especially from MS and CJ. Teal'c strikes me as being a very hard character to play, because he is so strong and silent; to get his emotions accross, you have to do a lot with a little, if that makes any sense. CJ does that superbly, IMHO.
            sigpic
            Please don't laugh, this is one of my first attempts at a banner.

Comment

Originally posted by Harlan's Speechwriter View Post
              I've just watched this episode for the first time. I certainly found it powerful, if a bit confusing. I'm not annoyed that it was confusing though, for me it just adds to the impact; afterall, Daniel must have been pretty confused by all those dreams, on top of his grief.

Once again, there was great acting all round, but especially from MS and CJ. Teal'c strikes me as being a very hard character to play, because he is so strong and silent; to get his emotions accross, you have to do a lot with a little, if that makes any sense. CJ does that superbly, IMHO.
              You just wait until you see "The Changeling". If you thought this was confusing, you ain't seen nothing yet!

I agree that CJ does the stoic warrior thing to perfection. It's probably the hardest job of all the characters to play him like that without making him dull or soporific.

It's a real journey - watching how Sha're educates Daniel in the merest fraction of a second to forgive Teal'c for what he is about to do. Wow, that was one strong woman. Thanks to that, she was able to communicate with her husband (after a fashion) one last time. *sniff!*
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka's_Mum View Post
                It's a real journey - watching how Sha're educates Daniel in the merest fraction of a second to forgive Teal'c for what he is about to do. Wow, that was one strong woman. Thanks to that, she was able to communicate with her husband (after a fashion) one last time. *sniff!*
                It's a shame we didn't learn more about Sha're before Apophis took her. She came accross, to me, as the devoted, obedient, meek, wife; but there was clearly so much more to her than that.
                sigpic

Comment

I would have liked them to have developed the 'influencing' the symbiot, when it used the ribbon device' aspect more... if she could do it, why not others.?

Comment

It may be down to her upbringing - both she and Skaara have shown that they can beat the control of a symbiote. In each case it wasn't for all that long, and on one occasion at least it was down to Klorel being briefly disabled by a gunshot wound.

On that basis, this may be because Kasuf has brought them up to be strong-willed individuals. Other people may simply not have the internal strength to keep up the fight. If nothing else, they each know that someone, somewhere, wants to find and rescue them. Sometimes hope is the strongest weapon there is.
                    sigpic

Comment

Sha're came accross at first, to me, as a meek, obedient wife. But clearly, there was a great deal more to her than that; it's a shame we didn't get to know her better before Apophis took her. Or maybe she didn't know herself, that she had this strength, until this happened. Sometimes, adversity brings out strength people didn't know that they had.
                      sigpic

Comment

Now THATs the way to make a Daniel episode and to wrap up a plot point AND create a new one. Heck yea that was great and emotional. Thats the way to do the baby plot to. God I miss this. Watching it again brings all the happiness and love of this show flooding back. Awesome and now The Light another quality ep.
                        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

One of my favourite!!! I loved the story, acting and plot!!! Way to go SG crew!

Comment

i really liked this ep, it was sad about sha're though

Comment

In a sense I think this was a long time coming and even though it is sad to see her die, she was dead the moment she was taken by Amonet. I am glad she was able to say goodbye to Daniel and I think it will do Daniel good to know that Amonet isn't suffering anymore. In short I think Teal'c did the right thing and in a way I think he was relieved to be able to end the suffering of someone he had stood by and watched be taken by Amonet.
                              sigpic

Comment

This was a great relationship episode, even though it took place in Daniel's head.

My Rating: 8/10

Full Review: http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/2...er-in-day.html
                                My attempt to watch every episode of SG-1 and Atlantis this summer:
                                http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X