No announcement yet.

Forever In a Day (310)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This episode had me saying what the hell is going on. until the end then i realized what was going on. i think this was a good episode. It seems that for a few seconds sha're was stronger than the goa'uld inside her and manipulated the hand device so daniel could see and listen to her. Also i love the scene outside where jack, sam a lot of SGC members were at war with the jaffa. it was amazing. i love seen jack and sam side to side shooting like crazy it was very exciting scene.IMO
    Last edited by RubyRed; 23 April 2005, 10:38 PM.

Comment

This was a heartbreaking eppy and it had me very confused until the end.
      Forever In A Day? More like Forever Confused.

I felt for Daniel oh, sha're poor, poor Sha're...well at least she'd made the path clear for...*you know who* lol.

I felt for Tea'lc though when he had to kill Sha're....

British-Indian and proud.

Comment

I'm the same as everyone else in that I was confused till the end and it seemed a bit of a let-down even then. The story was good and they've had episodes where you don't know what was happening till the end before, but this time by the end I didn't care. Some good acting and well thought out scenes but so annoying!

Comment

I had never thought that Sha're would be killed but TPTB know best I suppose
          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
          love Torri

Comment

^ Yeah I thought it would be one of those unobtainable goals most shows put in. It was such an anticlimax to the whole 'daniel finding his wife' thing!

Comment

Well, I think a lot of people (my mother, to name names ) were getting tired of the "I have to find/save Sha're" thing. To this day, every time we watch one of the older seasons and Daniel even mentions Sha're, she rolls her eyes and says that she is so sick of hearing about Sha're this, Sha're that.
              Personally, I also think they should've found some way to keep her alive but out of reach, but TPTB had other things in mind.
              Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Originally posted by Ptah
                I don't see why Teal'c needed to shoot her - he could have just whacked her on the head with his staff weapon or something.
                I know! Teal'c, buddy - seriously, you ever heard of kneecaps? And even if it was a split-second thing, it would have taken less time to bean the chick than to open the charging thingies on the staff weapon and fire.

Originally posted by LMichelle
                Even though this was so angsty, I still enjoyed it. It was hard at times, being a Daniel/Sha're shipper, but I can see why they needed to wrap up the Sha're storyline plus give Daniel another reason to continue with the SGC.

Anyway, very sad episode, but their tragic love story had to come to an end somehow.
                It could have ended...non-tragically. This one was a real heartbreaker for me - I had seen a couple of later episodes, but I didn't see this coming. Since Children of the Gods, the main quest of the show had been to get Skaara and Sha're back. I dunno, I kind of always assumed that that particular quest would have a happy ending. Major letdown - especially seeing the scenes that play out as if she survived. Poor Dannyboy.

I also don't really see why she had to die. The episode could have been about Daniel getting her back, then being convinced (by Kasuf, Sha're, O'Niell, et al) that he has to continue on his quest to "defeat the gods" and find the Harcesis kid. And at night, he'd have a loving brunette to come home to, and they could make lots of babies. Everybody's happy.

It was a bold move, though. It would be like having Star Trek: Voyager stop trying to reach Earth mid-season, or like having the folks on Gilligan's Island decide that they don't want to leave after all. Or like having the Baywatch girls decide that they want to join a convent. I would normally applaud such boldness, except I haven't really seen a main plot rise to replace the Sha're storyline. It just kinda peeters into the Harsesis thing. Of course, I'm only up to season four, so I'll give it time.

Originally posted by RubyRed
                Also i love the scene outside where jack, sam a lot of SGC members were at war with the jaffa. it was amazing. i love seen jack and sam side to side shooting like crazy it was very exciting scene.IMO
                Yeah, that rocked. I love the part where like a hundred Jaffa come pouring down the hill and Jack jumps onto the MALP that's armed with the chain gun.

Overall it was an awesome episode. I'm just a happy ending junkie, so I'm whining.

Comment

I don't see why Teal'c needed to shoot her - he could have just whacked her on the head with his staff weapon or something. and did anyone notice the land of pink trees at the end!!!, Jack sitting on the malp shottin the jaffa, according to Peter Deluise this episode has the highest on screen body count!!!!

Comment

Very good character building episode for Daniel, and I like how Teal'c HAD to kill her.........but he didn't HAVE to, just club her over the head and knock her out

Comment

If Daniel was dreaming the whole time then he dreampt about the planet with the pink trees so if it's only a dream world how did they show it in season 8 where they dialed all the gates in the galaxy?
                      I'm a TrustNo1/Weir shipper Also TrustNo1/Carter shipper and TrustNo1/Teyla Shipper. In fact I'm a TrustNo1/Weir/Carter/Teyla shipper. Yes, that would be good Throw in some Vala in tight leather. Is this sig PG? Oh well

Thank you L-JADE for the sig, it ROCKS!!!

Waiting for my posts to be approved.

Comment

Possibly an "in" joke?
                        Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Comment

HAHA! I don't see it Are you stalking me BTW?

*looks around*
                          I'm a TrustNo1/Weir shipper Also TrustNo1/Carter shipper and TrustNo1/Teyla Shipper. In fact I'm a TrustNo1/Weir/Carter/Teyla shipper. Yes, that would be good Throw in some Vala in tight leather. Is this sig PG? Oh well

Thank you L-JADE for the sig, it ROCKS!!!

Waiting for my posts to be approved.

Comment

No, but apparently you like posting in threads I've already subscribed to. So, blame my messaging system.

Comment

Aw what an emotional episode! So well done though. Apart from the whole Sha're dying and continuing his journey part, what really hit me was the way in which it allowed him to forgive Teal'c. Another fine example of Michael's acting skills. One question though - if he was dreaming, how come Rothman remained a member of the SGC? Was he already there but with another team? Or was he employed later by Daniel's recomendation perhaps?

Comment

I think Rothman was already working at the SGC as an archaeologist, and Daniel's subconscious assumed Rothman would be his replacement should he resign.
                                SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

Working...
                                X