No announcement yet.

Rules of Engagement (309)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wasn't really fond of this episode, I don't believe that those kids would all stay there after their masters had gone. I can buy the fact that a few of them would stick around, but without Jaffa masters they would have a ton of problems. There would be kids trying to run away, fights breaking out between the different camps, and most importantly they would start to starve to death. I don't think they could have held it together for as long as they did without reinforcement from their masters.

Spoiler:
    I wonder if Apophis ever went back to that planet after he takes over Sokar's fleet. I mean they were trained specifically for infiltration of the SGC. What worries me though is if he went around to the different planets and punished or recruited all of the kid's that had left his training camp.
    sigpic

Comment

"Corn and Cotton are indigenous to North America."

Rating: 6/10

Full Review: http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/2...ngagement.html
      My attempt to watch every episode of SG-1 and Atlantis this summer:
      http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by HelloVelo View Post
        "Corn and Cotton are indigenous to North America."
        Oh, and I have to mention that Sam looked extra foxy in camouflage face paint.
        In my opinion you couldn't really tell the difference between Jack ans Sam when they had that camouflage paint on their faces. If you thought she looked extra foxy, than you have some weird taste.
        sigpic

Comment

I liked the action. I really liked when Jack whacked Rogers upside the head when he wouldn't listen. Lots Jack scenes that I enjoyed.

However, the idea is not that interesting to me. I question the loyalty of these trainees. Especially Rogers. He already knew that SG1 is from the Tauri. Why trust them just because they showed a video of Apophis dying? There are Jaffa out there that still loyal to Apophis even after his demise. Why are these trainees different?

Are these trainees loyal since birth to Apophis? Did they willingly join Apophis army?

Comment

I would have preffered if they showed that the SG-X teams had some kind of denial reaction. No matter what they see, believing on something and suddenly knowing it is not true cannot be so easily accepted.

Comment

Originally posted by plague View Post
              I would have preffered if they showed that the SG-X teams had some kind of denial reaction. No matter what they see, believing on something and suddenly knowing it is not true cannot be so easily accepted.
              I agree. I was quite surprised by their acceptance. But maybe, they were just too shocked?

Comment

Before I watched the episode I thought it was a boring one, I think I got it confused with the one where an alien pretends to be a member of SG1. Anyway I really like this episode.

I thought it was an interesting idea and played out pretty well. Intars where cool, I hope an SG unit went back and took all the weapons that they had, be great for training SG teams.

Originally posted by captain jake View Post
                I wasn't really fond of this episode, I don't believe that those kids would all stay there after their masters had gone.
                They had been indoctrinated to believe Apophis was a God and that if they trained well they could serve their God and be rewarded. Effectively the brainwashing ensured they wouldn't escape.

Originally posted by L E E View Post
                Why trust them just because they showed a video of Apophis dying? There are Jaffa out there that still loyal to Apophis even after his demise. Why are these trainees different?
                Well they are not Jaffa, they were taken against their will and indoctrinated to believe Apophis was a God (I'm sure he used some of his "magic" to prove this). A God can't die but there Apophis was not only dying but fearing death.

Are these trainees loyal since birth to Apophis? Did they willingly join Apophis army?[/QUOTE]

I think Rogers said that they were all taken from their planets, most probably against their will because lets face it when have the Goa'uld asked people to join them, more join/serve me or die. Since Apophis downfall wasn't that long ago we can assume that they were taken only a few months ago.

Stargate SG-1 Re-Watch: Season 1, 2, 3

Comment

I like the idea of this episode. It really gives you insight into how evil Apophis really is. That whole "Final Challenge" thing is pretty scary. And we learn that Teal'c went through the same thing in his training.

I thought the mortars raining down on them was a pleasant surprise (for the viewer, anyway.)

Did anyone notice this is the episode where Carter gets that awful scar on her face? You see her face bleeding, and then you see a close up of Jack prone next to the tree, and there are some nasty looking thorns right there. It seems to me she got nailed by a thorn while diving for cover or something. And then for the rest of the season she has a scar right there. You think that was real or was it intentional like Jack's scar from "Demons"? I find it hard to believe that they intentionally put that unsightful scar on her face in all those episodes just for consistancy.

Comment

This was a good episode. I agree with what Zoso said about Apophis. It was great to see some military action again

Comment

Originally posted by pritnep View Post

Well they are not Jaffa, they were taken against their will and indoctrinated to believe Apophis was a God (I'm sure he used some of his "magic" to prove this). A God can't die but there Apophis was not only dying but fearing death.

I think Rogers said that they were all taken from their planets, most probably against their will because lets face it when have the Goa'uld asked people to join them, more join/serve me or die. Since Apophis downfall wasn't that long ago we can assume that they were taken only a few months ago.
                      I'm a bit confused here. If the trainees were taken against their will, and only recently, how come no one even tried to run away. Their masters have been away for quite some time.

Comment

More likely they were brainwashed rather than taken against their will.
                        I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

I thought, from my prospective, they were going show the STARGATE very much in any episode.

Comment

What I wanna know is...
                            Did all of the Apophis guys join SG-1 Units or be absorbed into the Society?

Comment

i don't know i think they went back to were they came from. altho I'm to sure this is a great episode tho
                              sigpic

Comment

Watched it for the first time today and I think it was ok but nothing special.

Some of the Go'ould weapons and the big hologram of Apophis was pretty cool.

Comment

Working...
                                X