No announcement yet.

Rules of Engagement (309)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good episode. A bit heavy on the brain washing.
    sigpic

Comment

Good ep
      The great ones dare to believe in the unbelievable...
      sigpic

Comment

Good ep, even though the brainwashing was a bit heavy. I also found it hard to believe that they could decontaminate Kyle so quickly, he bought Apophis' death a bit too quickly to be credible once he saw the video.
        sigpic

Comment

I liked this episode, apart from the fact that the followers were tragically dedicated to Apophis in a sick kind of way, it really was an interesting episode to watch and learn from.

Carter looked awesome in combat gear - my favourite!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by L E E View Post
            I agree. I was quite surprised by their acceptance. But maybe, they were just too shocked?
            There are degrees of apparant proof. They used to say that the camera does not lie. Nowadays we have Photoshop, and various camera tricks. If you didn't know all this was possible though then you'd assume that photos/film/video cannot possibly be faked therefore anything on it has to be true. The aliens from Galaxy Quest are another example of this thinking.
            I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Just finished this episode. (First runthrough of the series). First off I can't believe that I'm only on season 3. Got to go pick up the pace!

Man, I've got to say that I love this episode. They did a good job in keeping up the military simulations. The stun guns were great. It would be awesomesauce if the military actually used those in combat training. I've only used blanks and you can't really tell if you've hit your target. (had a long argument with our sergeants on that one LOL)

The only issue I had was the insta-believe. I thought that they wouldn't trust the technologies of Earth, thinking that it was lies. Asides from that was my only real discrepancy.

Comment

These days we use Lipstick rounds to show the hits... and they do hurt.

Comment

Quite a surprising episode, I would never have expected the Goa'uld to go so far in their simulations. What I don't like is that most of the kids here are brats. If they got their mannerisms and speech from what SG-11 taught them, then I can't imagine how unpleasant SG-11 must have been! I don't have a lot to say about this one, other than it's one I enjoyed and it has some fantastically played comedy from our characters, notably Jack and Teal'c.

- I love the intars, very nice special effects.

- I don't like the voc'ume thingy, it's a bit ridiculous.

- Convincing the kids that Apophis was dead turned out to be a bit too easy in the end. If they're used to technology, surely the thought would enter their mind that the footage of Apophis dying was faked?

RATING: 7 out of 10
                  Private guitar tuition | Return To Grace - rock/pop party band

Comment

The scene in the hospital tent when they were all to play dead was pretty funny. You can just see Jack realizing something was just slightly off, but being unable to put a finger to it. Daniel's reaction to 'four eyes' was priceless.

The illogic of this ep is summed up by the SGC acquiring a significant cache of In'tars and MP5's - from a training 'army' running in circles without leadership for three years - and then a year later switching to the P90. Government wisdom at work...again.

Comment

Originally posted by LeftHandedGuitarist View Post
                      If they got their mannerisms and speech from what SG-11 taught them, then I can't imagine how unpleasant SG-11 must have been!
                      Perhaps SG-11 was doing their best to create trainees who were just a little "off," so as to tip off the SGC should things go too far.

Seaboe
                      If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Hammond addressed as 'My Lord' by 'Nelson', and O'Neill saying "actually,we just call him General Hammond." that was funny!

Seemed like the training wasn't that bad, the 'Captain' seemed to be very at 'home' in the briefing in the real SGC for when they were going back to stop the real live battle to the death! I thought that was a nice touch how the guy fitted right in there!

Quite amazing the lengths Apophis went to in his efforts to destroy the Tau'ri!

Comment

liked this episode. due to the fact that we got introduced to the intars.

Comment

I was a little disappointed that they did not make more use of the recruits. Kyle and Nelson would have made great additions to the regular SGC cast. I think one of the better episodes of this season so far. Always good to check in on our buddy apophis.

Comment

My LiveJournal post
                              I'm not too fussed about this episode, but it doesn't bother me all that much how quick they are to accept Apophis' death...
                              "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                              "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                              "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                              "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                              >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

I thought this was a good 3rd Season SG-1 episode.

So everyone on this world thought Apophis was their god and fought each other because of it (and to make his dead ass proud)

Tomorrow, Sha're's back, and Daniel has a very bad day.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X