Demons (308)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by captain jake View Post
    I agree that they should have discussed the ring further. However, the reason that the Canon didn't use it against the Unas was obvious. The Canon holds control over his people because they fear the Unas, this is extremely similar to how religions work on Earth. If the canon decided to kill the Unas, his people would start living their own lives and he would loose control. He keeps control by basically saying that if you don't do everything I tell you to than you will be sacrificed. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that it was the Goa'uld themselves who gave the Canon's predecessors the ring.

I think your rating of 3/10 was way off, I would give it at least a 5/10

P.S. - Why don't you just post what you write in your blog on the forum?

I don't post the blog entries, because I want to spare people from the dreaded "wall of text." Also, I tend to drift off topic.

About the ring and the canon: If he just wanted to control through fear, he could threaten to blast the villagers with the ring.

I doubt the ring was Goa'uld technology. It was too advanced for them. The way it came out of the clouds suggested the Asgard might be responsible.
    My attempt to watch every episode of SG-1 and Atlantis this summer:
    http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by HelloVelo View Post
      I don't post the blog entries, because I want to spare people from the dreaded "wall of text." Also, I tend to drift off topic.

About the ring and the canon: If he just wanted to control through fear, he could threaten to blast the villagers with the ring.

I doubt the ring was Goa'uld technology. It was too advanced for them. The way it came out of the clouds suggested the Asgard might be responsible.
      No if the villager see the cannon as a dictator who gains power through fear of his wrath he would have an uprising. He has set the village up to project all of their fears on one another. If the Unas is the bad guy than he is their savior, but at the same time he can control them through suggestion.

It is possible that it is Asgard technology, but I am still leaning toward adopted Goa'uld technology.
      sigpic

Comment

It seemed like he could crush any uprising with the old lightning bolt trick. (The villagers weren't particularly bright.) With the Unas out of the way, he wouldn't have to share power.

I'm just saying... If I was in charge of a village and had a magic ring that could kill demons, I'd use it and lord over the citizens. But that's me.
        My attempt to watch every episode of SG-1 and Atlantis this summer:
        http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by HelloVelo View Post
          It seemed like he could crush any uprising with the old lightning bolt trick. (The villagers weren't particularly bright.) With the Unas out of the way, he wouldn't have to share power.

I'm just saying... If I was in charge of a village and had a magic ring that could kill demons, I'd use it and lord over the citizens. But that's me.
          Again, then he changes from spiritual leader to monarch and nobody likes a monarch. Besides I'm sure he realizes that the Goa'uld or Demons could get to them other in other ways and I'm sure his ring would be no match for a mother ship.
          sigpic

Comment

When did SG1 become so painfully inept?

After helping the girl, they loiter around and let themselves be captured. Apparently, drowning did something to Tealc's strength. It did not look to me that the chains were pinned that deep on the wooden posts. Then when they rolled down the hill, Jack just let the end of the chain drag behind him. Even if the Unas did not step on it, it would have stuck somewhere.

Simon and the Canon look very familiar. I think I've seen them in past episodes. Simon in Cor-Ai and the Canon in The Prisoner.

Some inconsistency again on sensing goauld. How come only Carter can sense the goauld? Then, when the new host was dying, they were standing very near him where it could move to a new host.

At least they got a cool device from this trip.

Comment

This was one of the episode I couldn't actually remember (even though I have watched it before). I thought it was pretty good episode, pretty different civilisation to what we had seen before, taken from a different part of earth and still having their religion.

Yay another Unas Goa'uld, cool to see that again and he did look very cool.

Ring technology was very cool as well, I'm not sure I buy the theory that it's Asgard though.

Teal'c's first as well.

Stargate SG-1 Re-Watch: Season 1, 2, 3

Comment

Good episode. I wonder what technology is that strange ring? it certainly is not Goa'uld tech. Maybe Asgard? who knows.

Comment

I'm pretty sure the ring device is Ancient technology. It's the same weapon the ascended lady uses in Maternal Instinct. It just stuns instead of kills. And the ring itself looks Ancient to me. Don't know why.

Course, how an Ancient weapon ended up on that planet is anyones guess. I doubt Sokar would have access to something like that, and if he did I don't think he would place it there for the sole purpose of keeping the people in check. It was probably already on that planet when the humans were transplanted.

Comment

Originally posted by L E E View Post
                    How come only Carter can sense the goauld?
                    I wondered about the same. Since when does Carter sense goa'ulds better than Teal'c? And why?

Comment

Originally posted by Verdande View Post
                      I wondered about the same. Since when does Carter sense goa'ulds better than Teal'c? And why?
                      They both have the ability to sense Goa'uld, whether or not Carter is better at it I dont know. Bt if she is, it might have something to do with how she was blended with a symbiote, sharing the mind, while Teal'c only houses one in his gut, who knows...
                      Meh.

Comment

Perhaps you're right that Carter senses it easier because she's blended with a goa'uld. I don't know either.

I just know that in the scene, it looked as if Carter was the only one to sense the goa'uld, and she was standing by the DHD and farthest away from it. Teal'c stood closer to it, and he didn't say anything. Probably not a big deal.

Comment

Carter had a mature symbiote.
                          Teal'c has an immature symbiote. Teal'c probably doesn't have that protein marker or whatever.
                          sigpic
                          Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Originally posted by Ulkesh47 View Post
                            Carter had a mature symbiote.
                            Teal'c has an immature symbiote. Teal'c probably doesn't have that protein marker or whatever.
                            Does;t it have something to do with the presence of Naquadah in the blood stream? I think both Carter and Teal'c have that. Plus they can both sense it.
                            Meh.

Comment

I thought the ring was Anceint Tech. But it's actually Gau'uld tech for the people who had question about his ring.
                              YAY for Unas!

Comment

This was not a very good episode imo, too much of the dark ages for me.

The ring technology was cool , thats all I will remember from this episode.

Rating : 4/10

Comment

Working...
                                X