That's a fast one.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        That's a fast one.
        It surprised me, too.

Comment

5.07 This episode is okay, but I'm never a huge fan of religious based stories.
          sigpic
          signature art by lunasera

Comment

Originally posted by lunasera View Post
            5.07 This episode is okay, but I'm never a huge fan of religious based stories.
            Err... the Goa'uld impersonate Ancient Egyptian gods...

Comment

Err... the Goa'uld impersonate Ancient Egyptian gods...
              haha, well you got me there - I guess I more specifically don't like fanatical Christian/Catholic stories much (the one later where the planet is getting hot and the people won't evacuate drives me nuts too) - once this one moved to the unas/goa'uld part it was fine lol.
              sigpic

Comment

I guess I more specifically don't like fanatical Christian/Catholic stories much...
                Now, I'm curious... but neither did TPTB apparently cause they never touched upon such devotion again until the Ori storyline, which is equally fanatical.

Comment

Now, I'm curious... but neither did TPTB apparently cause they never touched upon such devotion again until the Ori storyline, which is equally fanatical.
                  I actually don't even remember the Ori storyline - I watched it once, but pretty much never revisited seasons 9 and 10 - perhaps I should remedy that, but RDA was a pretty central part of the show for me.
                  sigpic

Comment

I actually don't even remember the Ori storyline - I watched it once, but pretty much never revisited seasons 9 and 10 - perhaps I should remedy that, but RDA was a pretty central part of the show for me.
                    The only thing amusing about the Ori is this. If you get the joke, you're a geek.

ajDerKa.jpg
                    Spoiler:
                    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

I watched it once too -- the DVD's have never even been out of their box, but honestly Mitchell and Vala saved SG-1 for me after that abysmal 8th season so I'm actually surprised I haven't seen it more. Probably because my attention was occupied with newer shows.

Comment

You also tend lose interest after awhile.

The Ori story always has been very polarizing in fandom. People either hate or love it. I'm the latter given how bad S7 and S8 were
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

What's so bad about S8?
                          Spoiler:
                          I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
                            What's so bad about S8?
                            I agree that season 8 isn't worse than 9/10 - at least Jack is still around a bit more. Somehow Mitchell just changes the dynamic too much for me - it's like different show at that point (with the exception of the shroud episode).
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              You also tend lose interest after awhile.
                              Can't be helped... I literally have the attentionspan of a gnat.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
                                What's so bad about S8?
                                Its boring and the team barely leaves the SGC. A lot of the problems are based on how everyone had to work around RDA's limited schedule. The inconsistent stories reflect that to me
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X