Deadman Switch (307)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ApophisOfTheStargateRealm
    that was an awsome job by the guy who played the bounty hunter and i loved the plot...i thought that the whole thing was done really well. the lines were excellent!
    I could just cry when I realize from reading this thread that the majority of you are too young to have seen Sam J. Jones as the title character in the extremely campy 1980 fantasy/scifi cult favorite Flash Gordon. IMO that's where the real humor comes from in this episode - from Boch's snarky behavior to his outlandishly over-the-top costume - it's like one long insider-humor joke.

*Seshat now feels extremely old, but takes comfort in being very well informed.*

Comment

I remember that movie. I did not remember that he was the same guy. I think I only saw it once or twice.

Comment

Ok, I remember the 1980's campy film Flash Gordon.....I must have seen it on TV. Are you saying the lead character in the movie was Aris Boch? If so, I'm really SURPRISED.

Anywho....I enjoyed Deadman Switch. Althought the plot, at times, was contrived and a few of the plot "twists" were a tad obvious, however, the great lines more than made up for it. I think this episode was a great stand alone, but if the actor is still available, Aris Boch would be great in the upcoming season. I hate loose ends, and it would be nice to see if he and his people ever made it through rehab (sorry, just a little joke there).
        "After all is said and done, more is said, than done." - Unknown

Comment

Great episode, really enjoyed this one. As has already been said, a lot of the best humourous lines come from here.

Aris was well portrayed and did a great job - his character is just so enjoyable, believable and has that little extra something. Especially enjoyed his view that the humans aren't the centre of the univrse (when they say they haven't heard of the person, and when Sam says about being a Major now)

It's just a shame a lot of the developed ideas don't seem to have been reused or even commented on - the roshna, the tacs, even some minor comment about Aris.

Comment

I really enjoyed this one, the only problem I have is that at no point did I feel SG1 was in any danger. The bounty-hunter was a good character and got on well with jack. It's a shame they didn't meet again or follow up on his immunity to blending.

Comment

This was a nice bubblegum pop episode: not much to it. Boch provided the only interesting costume and the only set (his ship). He was a cool, unexpected character though - I really like the interaction between him and Jack...finally a match for Jack's sarcastic wit.

I also loved the pained expression on Tealc's face after he pronounces the full name of the tacs. Correct me if I'm wrong, but did we see a similar device in the Gate-station in the end of "2010"? It's not from the same civilization and it seems to be less powerful, but it's awfully familiar.

Still, they didn't have a "concept" for this show, just a bounty hunter and a Tok'ra. Good thing it's funny.

Comment

I really enjoyed this one, the bounty-hunter was a good character and then we never seee him again!!!!

Comment

Yeah, the character was a little too smiley and gung ho for my attitude..........i dont think it would have been worth it to do a follow up on him

Comment

OK, watched this episode again, and I have to admit, it gets better with repeated viewing. The character of Aris Boch was well written and acted and the whole story of roshna should have been pursued in other episodes, if not the actual character himself. Maybe it still could......hmmmmm.
                    On fighting:
                    Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                    Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

I hope it does they would have been such a cool race to get to know more about.
                      sigpic

Comment

true i hope we see the guy again

Comment

without a doubt this is my favourite all time episode. i have literally, without a word of a lie, watched this episode 20 - 30 times over at least. i have it memorised from front to back. my favourie scene is when aris boch rises up in his cargo ship and he starts shaking his finger and winking his eyes at oneill as if to say you cant hide from me. i think the episode is full of cheap shots which absolutely crack me up. 5 star rating for me

Comment

Originally posted by Maybourne
                            without a doubt this is my favourite all time episode. i have literally, without a word of a lie, watched this episode 20 - 30 times over at least. i have it memorised from front to back. my favourie scene is when aris boch rises up in his cargo ship and he starts shaking his finger and winking his eyes at oneill as if to say you cant hide from me. i think the episode is full of cheap shots which absolutely crack me up. 5 star rating for me
                            I agree with you Maybourne, Deadmans Switch is a truly great episode and its a shame they never re-introduced Aris Boch in any other episodes!. I rank this episode in my top 5 all time favorites, every time someone comes up with a new favorites list thread for SG episodes (dozens over the years) I always rank these as my favorites.....
                            The Fifth Race
                            Deadmans Switch
                            Enemy Mine
                            Lost City part II
                            The First Ones
                            Thor's Chariot
                            the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                            Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Great ep.
                              Great team interactions front to back especially the Jack - Daniel stuff.
                              All the characters really shined. And they had one of the really good Tokra's who you didnt get a sense was being all sneaky.
                              Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I Want Aris Boch Back!

Comment

Working...
                                X