No announcement yet.

Learning Curve (305)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thsi was one of the first eps i hated Sam/Jack's meddling just cause we "felt our ways are better'..

Comment

Cool episode. Although I'm not sure I completely agree with the way humans meddled with the Orban people's ways, at least they learned that the former Urrone kids weren't useless and could be taught the old-fashioned way.
      sigpic

Comment

Meddling in other cultures was (and as of SGA) still standard practice. We see something that WE don't like, even if it works well for that culture, we go in and force a change to OUR ways..

Comment

That's why the Nox's words to O'Neill were and still are (to me!) so important:
          Your ways are not the only ways.
          CARPE DIEM
          ANJA

Comment

And it seems we Still have not learned that lesson, as of SGA..

Comment

Given Earth's history, it's obvious this is a lesson a lot of humans are not capable of learning.

Seaboe
              If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

I agree we stupid Tauri are extremely arrogant, but in this particular episode the whole premise with transforming kids into vegetables was so horrible, I'm sure I would react in the same way. Besides, they said they only used this technology in about 50 years? Or am I wrong? How could they forget all normal way of learning then? Very unrealistic scenario, even for scifi, but makes a great topic for discussions

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
                Given Earth's history, it's obvious this is a lesson a lot of humans are not capable of learning.

Seaboe
                I believe ALL of the normally gifted individuals and even people with some mental deficiencies are perfectly capable of learning. The state and politicians though tend to claim otherwise, 'cause it makes their life easier - they can save lot of money on education and pay for weapons instead. Sorry for offtopic.

Comment

The people in Learning Curve did not torture their kids willingly, the problem (the Tauri had with their way of learning) was solved elegantly.
                  I think it was right to try something here, in other cases (like with the Nox) some thorough thinking before would have been nice.
                  CARPE DIEM
                  ANJA

Comment

This episode hits you right in the feels.
                    sigpic

"The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural."
                    ~ Supreme Chancellor Palpatine/Darth Sidious

Comment

After doing a re-watch, i still love the interactions between the Orbans and Teal'c/Sam more so than with Daniel.. It still rubs me wrong on the interference they tried to foist on them, but i do understand it a little more..
                      I also am peeved they never went back.

Comment

I would also have liked them to go back!
                        But it never was solved if O'Neill's girlfriend in A Hundred Days was pregnant as well!
                        CARPE DIEM
                        ANJA

Comment

These are all things that seemed to just 'fall into that plot black hole'..

Comment

I think we use the term plot hole too much
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

I agree with Jelgate; failure to return to the site of a completed story is not a plot hole. And as much as I'd've liked to explore some of the societies and locations they introduced, I think it's wrong to expect a TV series to spend a lot of time on that.

Seaboe
                              If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

A throw-away comment would have done just fine.
                                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                                X