No announcement yet.

Fair Game (303)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh boy, this was a lot more boring than I remember from previous times. Although, I couldn't really remember what the episode was about... that's saying something. There are very few episodes really that ring no bells -- this is one of them.

The Protected Planets Treaty deal thingy with Thor, and Yu, Chronus and Nirrti -- and Jack as diplomat. What could possibly go wrong?

I was bored throughout the episode this time round. Annoyed at 3D-Thor.
    Seriously people, at least have your puppet and 3D-render resemble each other somewhat -- it was like there was two different Asgard there, Thor and his evil twin.

Meh, so they're having a talk about the Goa'uld leaving Earth well enough alone, and Earth just going about its own business. Good thing Nirrti had other plans or SG-1 would have ended in season 3 with the stargates out of commission.

The episode didn't pull me in this time around... it's gonna affect the scoring here, unfortunately:

How would you rate SG-1's "Fair Game?"

Excellent
    Good
    Fair -- it has some redeeming elements: Yu, Nirrti, Thor (puppet, not 3D)
    Poor
    Terrible
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Dropping the 3-episode quiz (Into The Fire, Seth & Fair Game) today and the jigsaw puzzle for Fair Game.

Comment

I like episodes like this. To FH's point yes it lacks actions but some of the best science fiction stories are low in action. This episode is good for showing insight into how the Goa'uld operate and explains how they interact with the Asgard. The CGI doesn't bother me that much but Thor chosing Jack doesn't make much sense.

14/15 on the quiz. I'll do the puzzle later when I have time
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          ...Thor chosing Jack doesn't make much sense.
          The Colonel was clearly in agreement with that assessment.

Comment

Let's face it (and I say this as a hard-core RDA fan), Thor chose Jack because RDA was the star of the show.

Seaboe
            If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
              Let's face it (and I say this as a hard-core RDA fan), Thor chose Jack because RDA was the star of the show.

Good point.

Comment

Is that not the lazy writing you used to complain about in the old days FH?
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  Is that not the lazy writing you used to complain about in the old days FH?
                  It is lazy writing -- and be thankful I haven't uttered my grievances in that department and kept them under wraps cause Carter has been in the backside more times now than I can count. If she wasn't on the team, we wouldn't have noticed her missing. Teal'c the same.

I sense a pattern.

Comment

5 minutes and 21 seconds
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Yu got me at 7:23.

Comment

Talking about flags. If you look closely there are different Goa'uld and Asgard flags in the meeting room. It is worth of having a look.

Yu has got a 4 Goa'uld headed dragon and it is re-used later in the 5x18 The Warrior as a background decoration.

Thor has got a Nordic motives which has got a hammer on the top.

Nirrti has got some animals on it. You can see it - When Carter and Jack talks it is visible.

Cronos has got 2 Goa'ulds upside down on a blue bacground which shows his Greek influence. - You can see it when Thor gives the control chrystal to Jack.
                        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Yes, these flags I took notice of. The detail as to which person they belong to is amazing. The prop department did a wonderful job there.

Comment

3x03 Fair game
                            Why would the Goa’uld hold a meeting on such a present, what they can not visit in the future? It doesn’t sound logical to show them where they can not rule over.
                            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Hmm... I really thought I did more puzzles and commented more. Weird. 9:37

Comment

10.29. I am beginning to think that using the laptop with it's small screen is affecting my times.
                                http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Working...
                                X