Seth (302)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Although I enjoyed this episode 2 things really bothered me about it
    1. When the ex cult members where being transported through the rings why do they pull their hoods up? It just makes it easy for Seth to blend in with the crowd when he tries to escape!
    2. When Jacob gets hurt by Seth Selmak tells Carter her father will be fine and he says that to a whole bunch of cult members in the background! Wouldn't any of them wondered why Jacob said that

Any way it was still a decent episode bring back Seth!
    "No Buzz I AM your Father" Zurg Toy Story 2

"I'll level with you Bob My names not Kirk it's Skywalker Luke Skywalker" O'Neill 1969

Comment

Great ep. Loved when the president called and Teal'c's joke. Almost broke a rib from Teal'c's joke it self to his laugh to SG-1's faces.

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Emperor Zurg
        Although I enjoyed this episode 2 things really bothered me about it
        1. When the ex cult members where being transported through the rings why do they pull their hoods up? It just makes it easy for Seth to blend in with the crowd when he tries to escape!
        2. When Jacob gets hurt by Seth Selmak tells Carter her father will be fine and he says that to a whole bunch of cult members in the background! Wouldn't any of them wondered why Jacob said that

Any way it was still a decent episode bring back Seth!
        Well, they've already seen Seth's glowing eyes, flanged voice, and hand device. They don't know who her father is, and I'd bet you that most of them are way too confused at that point to be analyzing things. Plus, they've just been deprogrammed from a cult. I'd betcha most of the wierd/alien stuff is gonna get explained away as either faked by the cult leader to enhance his authority or the product of hallucinogenic drugs.
        My LiveJournal.

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.
        -Frank A. Clark

An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?
        -Michel de Saint-Pierre

Now, there's this about cynicism. It's the universe's most supine moral position. Real comfortable. If nothing can be done, then you're not some kind of **** for not doing it, and you can lie there and stink to yourself in perfect peace.
        -Lois McMaster Bujold, "The Borders of Infinity"

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Emperor Zurg
          Might not some of them wonder about going through a matter transporter? They can always tell them they were still high.

Anyway, what bothered me about this episode was the nishta. I just don't buy that a Goa'uld with several thousand years of practice needs a drug to make a bunch of vulnerable rubes do whatever he says.
          Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
          - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
            Anyway, what bothered me about this episode was the nishta. I just don't buy that a Goa'uld with several thousand years of practice needs a drug to make a bunch of vulnerable rubes do whatever he says.
            I imagine he's probably been using it for as long as he's been in hiding. All Goa'uld seem to desire power and, while technological wizardry would have cowed ancient peoples, the use of it would have put him at risk of alerting the System Lords to his presence. Nishta would have got him a loyal, adoring following in moments for the cost of some form of distributing device - so it's a superbly convenient way to get his adoration fix without too much effort. Lets face it, he does rather seem to adore being adored!

I guess it's the old adage. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka's_Mum
              I imagine he's probably been using it for as long as he's been in hiding. All Goa'uld seem to desire power and, while technological wizardry would have cowed ancient peoples, the use of it would have put him at risk of alerting the System Lords to his presence. Nishta would have got him a loyal, adoring following in moments for the cost of some form of distributing device - so it's a superbly convenient way to get his adoration fix without too much effort. Lets face it, he does rather seem to adore being adored!

I guess it's the old adage. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
              I know, it's just...Well, it's not hard to find a cult in this day and age. I'm not saying Jerry Springer could rule the world if he tried, but I bet he could give the Scientologists a run for their money. Given the use of nishta, why wasn't Seth actually running his own country, or at least a major crime syndicate of some sort?
              Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
              - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

I like this episode it was great. I think that the cult members didn't notice Selmak talking was because they were confuse and they probably wanted to get out of there so bad that they didn't pay attention to anything but the way out. i love sam's genious. she's amazing i wouldn't have thougth of that. i think at the end sam felt bad because even thougth she killed people before she had to do it in battle and diddn't have much time to reflect what she had done but this time it was in cold blood he was right in front of her so i guess it made her think of the host.

Comment

i think at the end sam felt bad because even thougth she killed people before she had to do it in battle and diddn't have much time to reflect what she had done but this time it was in cold blood he was right in front of her so i guess it made her think of the host.
                  True - it's not nice to have to stand and look at the consquences of your actions, particularly if it's led to something so irrevocable as death. Though I don't think it was entirely in cold blood - Seth was clearly going to blast her before she 'fired' on him the second time.

I'm not at all surprised Sam looked so shaken afterwards. She can't control what she does with a hand device, so it's 'full blast' or nothing with her - not the nicest option available. Given the choice (pretty much like all of SG1), she would much rather have had him alive and handed him over to the Tok'ra - but she can't shield herself with the hand device, so it was either strike or be stricken.

After all, I don't believe for one moment that she actually wanted to blast Seth into the floor like that!

Just an interesting point of note - Sam was quick enough to blast Seth first, but Selmak wasn't! Now, was this just a plot contrivance, or do people think that there are still 'partnership working' issues being ironed out between Selmak and Jacob?

You could argue that, as Selmak and Jacob are still blending - and they're both pretty strong willed people - it's a bit like two people playing doubles at tennis for the first time. They're still trying to work out who does what. Maybe that got in the way?
                  sigpic

Comment

Not a bad ep. I found the idea of a goa'uld lurking on earth for thousands of years intriguing. I did wonder about how he got all those weapons, the rings, etc though.

I love Jacob, so he was great as always, and it was a good ep for Sam too -- I liked watching her use the hand device. Evil Sam!

I liked the Jaffa joke but didn't really get it. I'd love to know why the setesh guard's nose drips.

Comment

i absolutly loved it! an awsome episode!
                      "A general is only as good as the people he commands."

Comment

Originally posted by fair_nymph
                        I love Jacob, so he was great as always.
                        He is a great character, isn't he? In fact, Jacob vies very closely indeed with Bra'tac for the role of 'Chaka's Mum's Favourite Recurring Character'.

I also thought that the sub-plot (Jacob's estrangement from his son) was woven in very neatly. Despite Selmak's urgings, there was no way that Jacob was going to build any bridges; it was only when he saw the regret of a father who has 'drifted apart' from his son - and now can't reach him - that he finally woke up to things and accepted that it was time to set the pride aside and make peace. Although that little device could have had the subtlety of a charging rhinoceros if they weren't careful, it actually worked very nicely indeed.

Plus it was really nice when both of the dads were reconciled with their sons.

I felt sorry for the ATF guy, though. Being put in your place by the President, no less. Major ouch.
                        sigpic

Comment

personally i didnt like this episode, not much happeneing n too boring. hmm

daniel and jack next to bomb, put bomb in circle, transpost bomb soewhere else, wherte have i seen that b4?

Comment

Actually it was the other way round - see bomb, get to rings and transport out, but I get what you mean.

Speaking for myself, the main thing I like about this episode is that we get to see a bit of Selmak here. I suppose he keeps in the background out of deference to Sam's feelings. After all, even as a Tok'ra, Jacob is the one that everyone at the base relates to, so Selmak takes a back seat.

They're also clearly still sorting out their relationship with one another. While Selmak was happy to accept Jacob as a host, there's still a lot of 'getting to know you' stuff going on here. Selmak knows that Jacob isn't happy about his estrangement from his son, and he's a bit narked that Jacob is also not happy about doing something about his estrangement from his son - or even admitting that he's not happy about it. It needs Selmak to spill that bit of info to Sam, and he's doing it in the hope that Sam can persuade Jacob to stop moping and just let bygones be bygones.

It's a bit like 'the Odd Couple', only it's all going on in Jacob's head!
                            sigpic

Comment

What 'rank' in the Tok'ra was Selmak when he was in the other host

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka's_Mum
                                Speaking for myself, the main thing I like about this episode is that we get to see a bit of Selmak here. I suppose he keeps in the background out of deference to Sam's feelings. After all, even as a Tok'ra, Jacob is the one that everyone at the base relates to, so Selmak takes a back seat.

They're also clearly still sorting out their relationship with one another. While Selmak was happy to accept Jacob as a host, there's still a lot of 'getting to know you' stuff going on here. Selmak knows that Jacob isn't happy about his estrangement from his son, and he's a bit narked that Jacob is also not happy about doing something about his estrangement from his son - or even admitting that he's not happy about it. It needs Selmak to spill that bit of info to Sam, and he's doing it in the hope that Sam can persuade Jacob to stop moping and just let bygones be bygones.

It's a bit like 'the Odd Couple', only it's all going on in Jacob's head!
                                I liked that aspect too. I wish we had seen more of it. I just read Carmen Argenziano's interview & he seems to be of the same opinion.

Comment

Working...
                                X