No announcement yet.

Seth (302)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I laughed so hard I cried with the Jaffa joke...although I refuse to think that Seth is *really* dead

The funny thing is that even *real* Egyptologists can't agree on what Seth's animal actually is - it's a compound of several animals...I remember someone at a conference saying "Oh, Seth...he has an ass head...erm...I mean, ass's head" *snicker*
    Last edited by Iskandra; 12 June 2004, 06:47 AM. Reason: typo alarm!

Thanks to bling for the great sig!
    Proud Hussy of Babylon (tm) and resident linguist
    ~CELLO!~
    ~Proud member of the official Dr Radek Zelenka Fan Club!~

Comment

i like this episode, but i don't think it ages that well. probably largely due to the fact that now, because i've seen the same actor play daniels father, i keep waiting for seth to say something like, "daniel, i am your father". and for daniel to yell "NNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!". but hey, still a good ep.
      as for the joke. i laughed. but i too have no life.
      i loved carter and the ribbon device, but i actually thought seth looked pretty funny when he was embedded in the ground.
      i probably like this one because seth is one of my favourite gods. i wanted to call my dog seth, but nobody else agreed to it because "sit seth" just sounded bad. i'm still bitter about the whole thing
      Last edited by stargate barbie; 20 June 2004, 03:20 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

i liked how Sam used the POWER HAND, lol, whatever it's called....they should follow up on that some more

Comment

I thought it was brutal how Seth died, ahha... But i too enjoyed the 'power hand', haha..
          Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
            i like this episode, but i don't think it ages that well. probably largely due to the fact that now, because i've seen the same actor play daniels father, i keep waiting for seth to say something like, "daniel, i am your father". and for daniel to yell "NNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!".
            He is? Honestly? *gulp* I'll have to rewatch that.....

~CELLO!~

Comment

The way he was killed was great. Just flung into the ground with the hand device!
              __

__

Comment

Then daniel and them were like "you killed him", haha..
                Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

I still thin he was not *quite* dead....hoping he will, someday, turn up again...
                  Last edited by Iskandra; 22 June 2004, 12:46 PM. Reason: typos...

~CELLO!~

Comment

Feh. He was a loser.
                    Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                    - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Rider
                      I remeber when Carter's dad was in the elevator and Selmak was *****ing because her father was angry or something about her brother.
                      Jacob and Mark had spoken to each other for a long time. It had to when his, Mark's and Sam's mother died.

I thought is was interesting that this eposide showed that the host and the symbote don't alway agree with the way things are going, just as friends don't always agree with things.

Comment

That's one thing that's always kind of bugged me though. If the host and the symbiote had a really serious disagreement over how to do something how is that resolved? It seems from looking at the Gou'ald that the symbiote could take over the body at will. And from what they've shown of the Tokra I don't think the symbiote would hesitate to override the host if it thought their mission was in jeopardy.

I like the interaction between Jacob and Jack in this episode too. They're funny together.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

My guess is that the evil symbiote takes control!
                          __

__

Comment

for some reason I really liked this episode

Comment

elevator scene. snubbin in tthe atf agents face about talking to the commander and chief, the humor of teal'c and jack oh man this was a great episode and seeing sam f that goauld up oh mman

Comment

This episode sorta reinforces the fact that the sarcophagus is partially what make the Goa'uld as evil as they are, with the genetic memories of their race's evils being the other part. Even though Seth was "hiding out" on Earth, at the same time it should've been a fairly trivial issue for him to maneuver himself into positions of power. The System Lords never came looking for him during the Pax Romana or the later Chinese Dynasties or during the Russian Revolution because the gate was buried, so what difference would they know if he periodically tried conquering the world under the guise of mortal emperors and warlords?

But, he didn't. Instead of gaining power over the planet at the cost of his godhood, Seth was content to have small, dedicated groups in his immediate vicinity worship him in his true persona. That goes to show you that even without the sarcophagus, the Goa'uld still crave power, but even more than that, they crave adolation and worship. I think that the missing brain scramble from the sarcophagus is what really kept him from rising up.

Of course it's just a theory, but as the saying goes, a theory which happens to fit the facts. Continue your regularly scheduled episodic praise.

Oh, and the Jaffa joke totally made me bust a gut, half from the joke itself and half from Teal'c's laugh and the total lack of reaction from everyone else.

Comment

Working...
                                X